Gets insanely angry at the descendant of a man who trapped him in a torture-less...

>gets insanely angry at the descendant of a man who trapped him in a torture-less, ordinary room for a mere 70 years and punishes him with an eternal loop of nightmare false awakenenings
>decides the right way to respond to being rejected by a girl he likes is by sending her to literal Hell for over 10,000 years

Why was he such a ridiculous jerk though?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adkT1wSlMaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No reason, he simply was.

Power fantasy.

This, dreams don't always make sense.

Cause he was a malicious vindictive piece of garbage that took himself too seriously.

Part of the point in the story is that he
gradually stops being a massive jerk.
I remember Calliope and Death directly pointing
this out

>Why was he such a ridiculous jerk though?

He was an inflexible jerk. That was kind of the entire point of the comic that he sough to ultimately change his basic nature by killing himself and letting a new Dream takeover.

>"Time moves no faster for my kind than it does for humanity, and in prison it crawled at a snail's pace."

How the fuck can he get that upset over his own imprisonment for 70 years and then AFTER that while visiting Hell and seeing the woman he banished there 10,000 YEARS AGO still have the nerve to tell her he isn't ready to let her out yet? I think he might actually be the most immoral character ever written. Even blatant Satan-esque villain characters don't do shit that overly hypocritical and evil.

You think Death ever dated anyone?

You must remember Morpheus is more than a character. On these parts his behavior very much resembles old tales from politheistic religions. The spirits, gods and old ancient beings would constantly be dicks to humans, with cruel games and disproportionate punishments.
They were meant to represent the mythical side of Morpheus, how above human morality his concepts were.
As it went on, he got a lot more human, because he started interacting with them more and more. An arc that shows this is how he actually became friends with the human he made the deal to meet every 100 years,

Not every character has to be a perfect hero, especially in a Vertigo book. Pre-Daniel Dream was a spiteful, moody, stuffy cunt. The Sandman books are so great because it's about him confronting how much of a dick he was and is.

Putting the son of the guy who trapped him in a waking coma was pretty dickish though. That guy only kept him in there because he was afraid what would happen if he let him out. Turns out he was justified in being afraid of that.

It should also be pointed out that the endless don't really consider humans or any living beings their equals.

Well, he eventually let that guy actually wake up at the end of the series.

And he freed Nadia and allowed her to be reincarnated without any of the memories of her time in Hell, so...he kinda made up for it.

>harming people is ok as long as you make sure they don't remember it later

brb, gonna buy some rophypnol

The only comic more overrated than Sandman is Watchmen.

(you) the post.

Resurrection Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=adkT1wSlMaI

Dream is like a god from ancient mythology can be incredibly cruel or generous depending on a whim.

come to think of it why did nobody try to help him? I know he was kind of a dick but he had plenty of loyal subjects and at least one sister that cared about him

It took death and destruction a while to change, so they're just giving him time to change on his own.

Ancient Laws, and also how he would have been pissed at anyone who did try to help him.

The thing is the magic on the circle was so weak even when dream was trapped he could have broken out with waiting for the circle to get damaged it was just a rule that the binding had to work so he let it.

Remember when he was trapped in the blackholes and all of reality was going to die?
Remember what he said when Destiny freed him?
>Did I ask for your help?

Look at what he did to that one girl that loved him! Or the guy that eventually let him go! no, Dream was just as likely to do something horrible to you as reward you for rescuing him.

He knew he was a total asshole, that's exactly why he committed suicide.

I bet Dream listens to Depeche Mode

You know thats the whole point. He is a terrible person who has this whole elaborate suicide atoning for his mistakes, and eventually rebirthing himself into being a better, more moral, Dream.

It's this thing called a character flaw. You know, like how you're being an obtuse cunt.

Peter Parker willingly sent his unborn daughter to Hell and into direct servitude of Mephisto as a barter piece, and he's not even an ageless immortal abstract.

t. jealous Disneycuck

>applying human character categories to a literal Abstract that existed as long as sentient life or perhaps even longer

Jesus you guys are fucking clueless it's the same as Elaine thinking YHWH was "cruel" or somebody saying that Lucifer or Michael are "immoral" for not following what we think are codes of virtue

That's why I hate things like this, or Dr.Manhattan (but later at least was vulnerable for lie), you see it's not natural when thing is so powerful that you just can't stop him. Every Superman must have his kryptonite or literally uncrossible rules of his own universe for using his powers, otherwise it is garbage for cucks.

>otherwise it is garbage for cucks
Why?

In my universe-canon that was just bad trip from spider-bite in nuts. Never happened.

I suppose that kind of thinking is the only way anyone over the age of 12 can remain a Marvel fan.

Not only Marvel, AND not only comics.

What kind of music Death listen to?

I wish people on Sup Forums did this.

I think if she does, then they suffer a tragic fate. I mean, Death being attached to someone mortal is goddamn terrifying. As in legitimately, holy shit, this could become a horror story terrifying.

> Death meets user, and for some reason the two hit it if off.
> As she and the user begin to grow closer and eventually start a relationship, Death's begins to lack in her duties.
> It starts with no stillborn or cot death.
> Then more and more things continue to survive. Essentially it turns into Miracle Day in the DC Universe.
> Death is eventually confronted by the Endless and told to put right the things that went wrong.
> Death does so.
> Her last job is the hardest.
> Because it is user.
> user was hit by a car on the way home from a jeweler.
> In their pocket is a small diamond ring.
>Death cannot allow them to come back as they would make her abandon her job.
> Instead, the two of them have one final evening going to their favorite places and heading to their favorite restaurant.
> Their final interaction is on a rooftop were user and Death finally affirm their love for each other, before Death leads them to the end.

He was being controlled by the dark god Quesada, Destroyer of Families, though.

>Dr.Manhattan (but later at least was vulnerable for lie), you see it's not natural when thing is so powerful that you just can't stop him.

That's literally the point of Dr. Manhattan you fucking retard.

I'd tell you about Dream being a cunt is the whole deal but another user already made a good post with the same point. So I'm going to shitpost a little and say that the black girl in hell was worst ex. Thessaly best ex.
This is poorly developed but the concept is good.

Lucky Mitch.