I don't get it...

I don't get it, how come the Basterds are depicted as legendary soldiers able to take down entire German battalions by themselves, and then in this scene they're shown to be complete literal retards, with their leader being Forrest Gump's long lost brother? It doesn't make any sense.

The whole movie is an overrated piece of trash. Tarantino's last good movie was Jackie Brown.

>watching kike revenge fantasy: the movie

Gargle draino.

I just don't get it man. Capability as a soldier is directly proportional to one's ability to speak Italian and they couldn't speak Italian at all!

;)

This film is literal shit. His worst by miles.

Because they were bloodthirsty dummies. Quit thinking every unique characterization is a plothole.

it's a tarantino film. it's not supposed to be completely serious
oh, and those poor nazis

Django is worse

Sup Forumstards seething.

show me a single renowned soldier who can't also speak fluent italian then you fucking apologist

>implying Reservoir Dogs and Pulp fiction aren't Tarantino's only good films

This is a jewish fantasy movie nothing is realistic. Brad Pitt lets some big jew beat a guy to death with a baseball bat

nigga you don't even like Kill Bill vol. 2?

Pls return to Sup Forums where you belong
Alternatively kill yourself

And the Basterds are typically seen blindsiding their targets, or ambushes, or using their german soldiers to trick the enemy. They're decent soldiers but that doesn't make them good at espionage.

And hey, they end up killing Hitler and winning, so

Sup Forums has meme'd it into being a Nazi apologist movie that paints the heroes as senselessly violent as the villains thouogh

No substance. Random genre elements and gore for intentional camp and shock value, made to appeal to masses. It doesn't have the depth of characterization or narrative his early work had. He's only moved further in this direction since. Kill Bill really started his shift into being so derivative.

cause its a shitty film by a medicore director

>killing Hitler
>winning

this. and even then, pulp fiction wasn't as good as reservoir dog. but it was complete fucking downhill from there

Shouldn't have killed off Diane Kruger. Fuck she was sexy.

I wouldn't call it apologist, but it DOES seem to have something of a deconstruction of Nazi Germany as the easy go-to villains because sure, Hitler was a douchebag, but a lot of the rank and file? Kinda just dudes who were either conscripted or fighting for their country, something that Americans will root for all day. Its a 'freedom fighter vs terrorist' kind of argument.

The Basterds aren't 'good' guys, but they're the far lesser of two evils.

This is Sup Forums in a nutshell:

>entire family machine-gunned in opening scene
this is fine
>One german soldier is beaten to death AFTER he refused to give away military positions.
Jewish propaganda guys!

Jackie Brown shits on both Redditvoir Dogs and Plebbit Fiction.

>Jackie Brown
Absolute borefest

This guy gets it

Derivative.

I have a feeling that useful idiot Armond White praised Jackie Brown at the time while most intelligent critics agreed it was Tarantino-lite and an attempt at going mainstream.
I could go and check but I don't want to get cancer by reading anything of Armond White.

The family in the beginning was jewish and so they deserved it, because the world is a bad place because of the jews, and I'm single because of the jews, and I'm not rich because of the jews

This is spot on.