Can anyone seriously argue that Game of Thrones is not the peak of television and rivaling film as an art form...

Can anyone seriously argue that Game of Thrones is not the peak of television and rivaling film as an art form? And if so, what is your argument? It has everything that the greatest of films have: great acting, impeccable set design, complex characterization, subtle, breathtaking cinematography that would make Tarkovsky blush.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I seriously believe that all GoT haters are contrarians who are too cool and hip to admit that it is a great show.

It has had its moments without a doubt, but I think its the production crew and effects people and all that which keep the show looking so fantastic and presented amazingly that you forget the story writing for the most part in the latter half of the show has been utter dogshit.
I do not believe the Stannis of the books would EVER of burnt his daughter at the steak for starters.
secondly there is to much of this Mary Sue bullshit.
Dany gets given everything on a silver platter and keeps talking about how she was born to sit on the iron throne, yeah no bitch you havent done shit!
Jon Snow the only male character whom could even compete for the iron throne is basiclly going to be forced to "bend the knee" to Dany and her squad of dickless henchmen.
Fingers crossed for backlash if he does bend the knee.

I agree, yes the show has gotten more feminist but the rules haven't changed as demonstrated by last nights episode. It's still anyone's game to win or lose. I'm excited.

>Nothing happens: The TV Series

>Sup Forums couldn't possibly get any worse
>watch and see, little user, I've got posts that will make your blood run cold

GO
DO
HOMEWORK
OR
SOMETHING

I don't think the books should play any part in evaluating the show. they are irrelevant and poorly written anyway

fuck off

>would [...] of

>great acting

he he he

Oh shit I fucked up user

>Conveniently leaves out writing.

Rofl.

Wow, it looks like this child, ,
had an adverse reaction to his favorite show being assaulted, magnificent

What the fuck? Are you guys from reddit or someting?

Yes, GOT was absolute perfection up to season 4. At that point I really thought it would best Breaking Bad.

But then Season 5 came, and it was SHIT. It was shit. Especially after 4 amazing seasons, it was just so bad, poorly written, poorly paced, full of dull uninteresting moments that felt like filler.

Season 6 was slightly better at first and ended on a very high note, but still nowhere as good as past seasons.

People who praise GoT as a whole too much to me just come off as those that always ride the hype train and only think of wow-factor and twists and being impressed by specific moments rather than a show as a whole. Newsflash: if you think season 5 or 6 were amazing you have shit taste.

Fuck off showfag. If this awful tumblr fanfic show had even one percentage of the depth of the books, it would be a hundred times better than what it is now.

The books aren't high literature but compared to this awful over-simplified and over-propagandized adaption, it's the superior work of fiction.

"Come give your uncle a kiss"

Am i watching a fucking superhero trash film?

The series is poorly written as well.

Bringing back John Snow was lame. One interesting part about the show was that no character was safe. I guess he was too important for marketing.

Yeah pretty much spot on.

S1-4 were absolutely top class TV that could be classed alongside pretty much any show from the Golden Age of TV.

But S5 onwards the show has simply become soap opera trash which overt SJW politics ever more prominent.

Nah it went to shit about halfway through S2 when it became blatantly obvious Dabids had no idea how to properly portray Stannis or Robb. Stannis was miscast and the actor himself said he didn't get the character. That's not his fault. That's on Dabids for failing to properly flesh out and characterize Stannis as well as fatty does. Stannis is supposed to be hard and uncomprimising. Show Stannis is just a fucking loser.

I honestly hate when feminism bullshit get brought into movies and shit, but I really didn't feel it in GoT seasons 5 or 6.

I just really thought it was bad.

Shit bait but I'll still reply

First 3/4 seasons were kino and peak fantasy television, after that they decided to fuck with the original story, the scripts became rushed and full of plot holes, they started pandering to normies and feminists. They lost good actors like Charles Dance. They stopped subverting our expectations, now we knkw that the good guys will win like in any cliched story.
After season 4 the show had only a couple of good episodes, which still were good mostly because of visuals i.e. Battle of the bastards.

I was once like you. Judging things by how good they are as adaptations. It's not worth it. Just think of it like an alternate universe. Kind of like how Marvel movies actually take place in a in-canon different universe than the comics.

Just appreciate it as something different and you'll probably enjoy it and a bunch of other movies more.

thot battle of the bastards was shite m8

I started to see it before you did, all way back in S2.

Let's replace Robb's loyal wife with some spunky brown Occupy Wall Street feminist that tells Roose fucking Bolton to go fuck himself.

Brilliant writing, dabids!

I guess being ignorant to the superior source is the only way one can derive pleasure from this near-offensive adaption of a series that lends itself perfectly to high-budget HBO Television. They are given gold and they instead reduce it to dirt.

Yeah I have to agree. I'm not really excited anymore. The ending of S6 was where I realized it. I heard people rave about how the show was getting better than ever with the war finally starting and winter coming etc.
All I could notice was literally EVERY audience favourite won and got what they wanted. I didn't get hooked on the show for this.

>the left is good writing
This is what brainlets ACTUALLY believe.

The books are hunger games tier shit as far as books come. At least the show is decent for TV standards.

Yes it is. Especially compared to this tumblr fanfic garbage you're so fond of.

The left tells you so much of Robb's character, how he saw Cat and Jon and him desiring to avoid the mistakes (he thought) his fathers committed. The left is Robb, the right is a retard who marries a feminist because he wants to tap a fat ass.

Stop pretend you're some elite scholar of literature. If you were, you wouldn't even bother with the show considering its ass writing.

As stories, the books are better. As a show, Game of Thrones' entertainment value extends only as far as its CGI budget.

I don't even know who the fuck Robb is. Do you not understand the concept of
SCREEN TIME
when adapting a book to a visual format? Not every character, especially one as forgettable as "Rob", can take up an hour for scenes to establish why he married some chick that appeared for 3 episodes.

>because you don't enjoy this one aspect of shit writing, you must enjoy this other aspect
No, fuck off. The sooner GoT is quarantined to /tvg/ the better. Reminds me of the league cancer back in Sup Forums. Same arguments too.

Game of Thrones started out with a really strong first season, setting up atmosphere and complexity.

It has turned into a show designed for quips and applause breaks. It may be the height of spectacle television, but in its current form it's pretty shallow entertainment.

I'm not a scholar of literature. Definitely not an elite one. I read regular books people give upboats on /lit/ or goodreads. Books for regular grownups, not a fat burger's fairy tale for manchildren.

I think it was visually impressive

Mate, I haven't read the books but I agree they are better in setting the plot and moving it forward in these two posts you posted.

But you're fucking autistic. As I sad before, just treat it as alternate universe and stop being a little bitch about it.

So instead they should waste all that time explaining Talissa's background that served no purpose at all but to force in a mandatory diversity hire?

You can allude to something without spending hours on it. Hell even in the books, it is never explicitly explained why Robb marries Jeyne. But you put the pieces together and realize he just wanted to be an alright guy. Not some horny retard so tumblrinas can finger themselves at the thought of FORBIDDEN LOVE SO TRAGIC.

I didn't make excuses for all the pandering and shit plots they throw in. I just explained why stories from books are cut down or removed completely when making a tv adaptation.

It happens entirely offscreen in the books and we only find out about it after it has happened. It's also more intersting for Robb to fuck up like a teenager would and try to make things right and do the "honourable" thing even if it ends up alienating his allies.

This is replaced in the show with him falling in love at first sight with the spunky battlefield medic. It follows the typical romance beats: she rejects him because she hates war but he wins her over anyway then they fuck and get married. The whole thing is more cliche and is portrayed as Robb marrying for true love rather than than the more complex reasons in the book.

The Talisa romance isn't bad, especially compared to some of D&D's later additions, but it's one of the first examples you can point to of the story being changed in a way that doesn't improve it at all. Basically the first step in the slippery slope to Dorne in S5 and the ending of Stannis's plotline

You are putting more thought into this than the authors of either the books or show did.
Stop, and reconsider your life.

This fucking bait is beyond retarded.

>

>Great acting
This is what nearly got me

What's the point of being a contrarian on an anonymous image board? It's not like you have some reputation that carries over from thread to thread.

Except Game of Thrones has top tier writing, fag

Now you are just fabricating reality retard, it would've taken less scenes to make Jeyne Westerling happen than to make Talisa happen.
How Robb met his fate was pure Shakespeare, while show Robb's death was just Television.

Game of Thrones production values just can't match the quality of George Martins writing

Game of Thrones is absolute bottom-tier degenerate horseshit and I can proudly say I've never watched it.

anyone who likes post s1 GoT is a massive pleb. sorry, not sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY