Is it so wrong to want Poison Ivy to be reinvented?

Is it so wrong to want Poison Ivy to be reinvented?

I feel like no one looks at her as a top villain despite always being around. Shes relegated to the seducer role and usually its because she put some plants on you or kissed you with some bullshit lipstick.

I want to see Poison Ivy be a serious threat. I want to see her actually put Gotham in danger. Take away the covered in leafs motif and make her a hardcore ecoterrorist that goes around planting biological/chemical bombs that emit spores that do some crazy shit. It just saddens me that her most powerful state was for all of 5 minutes in Arkham Asylum all because of the Titan formula.

Decades ago when she was an environmental extremist I thought she was pretty threatening from time to time. Now though and going forward she just gets more and more right about the state of the earth. Her best opportunity would have been or maybe could be some kind of team up with Bloom. Or preferably if they just used Ivy instead of him altogether.

Now though I think there is a conscious effort to make her a good guy or good-ish guy that can hang with Harley without dragging her through some difficult to explain mass murder spree to save a plant. Like at worst a plant themed Catwoman.

I do
She's basically just Harley's girlfriend now

Came here to say this.

This. Why did they have to do that is beyond me. Before N52 Ivy was perfectly where she was, her own character and a threat to Batman while being a foil for Harley

I wish they would do a comic
With this team

It all depends on just WHAT your conception of Ivy is.

Is she just a sexy human person who likes plants and has killer poison lipstick? That's really street level, and probably not quite A List.

On the other hand, if she's some sort of metahuman with a supernatural connection to plants--even tying into the Green like Swamp Thing--then she can be a big fucking deal. Metahuman Poison Ivy is probably up there with R'as al Ghul in terms of how large the scale of her threat can be.

Greenpeace?

Unpopular opinion, but I personally like how The Batman reinvented her. Not only does it actually give Barbara a proper friend-turned-enemy sort of villain, but she still maintains that sex appeal in a teen nymph sort of way without falling back to typical femme fatale vibes.

Harley became too popular and as result Poison Ivy, who is less popular than her, became an accessory

Happens to most characters who are related to another more popular character
Like Dick and Supergirl are both popular, but they aren't Batman and Superman popular, so they get treated like accessories usually unless the whatever they're in is directly focused on them like Young Justice or the Supergirl show.

Harley Quinn was the worst thing to ever happen to this character.

>goes around planting biological/chemical bombs that emit spores that do some crazy shit

Has she not done just that?

It was both a blessing and a curse.

BTAS brought Ivy from obscurity but at the same time Ivy is just Harley's girlfriend now.

If they are going to make her genuinely interested in ecology, then they need to drop the villain angle. If they are going to make her interested in reshaping the world in her own vision, than she probably needs to do something very big very far away from the city.

She had some help, but in Young Justice, Ivy was a global threat. Her mutated vines were infesting numerous major cities around the world.

>another female villain turned hero or anti hero for good
No

At most make her a villain who thinks she's a hero or anti hero, or a villain who is willing to work with heroes whenever things she likes gets threatened

>Ivy
>R'as

Holy shit what if they TEAMED UP? I mean they both want to cleanse the world of humanity, right? Them joining forces could be a great story arc. What's R'as even doing these days, anyway?

I don't think she should really turn good, but it strains reason to have a writer insist that she is smart while also making her completely miss the point of protecting the environment.

>Scott Snyder is doing the Poison Ivy revamp for All-Star Batman
OP get your hands off that monkey paw

He showed up in a couple issues of Damian's solo somehow, but that crossover before Morrison's B&R was the last time Ra's was a big villain I think. But he is gonna be the villain of the Teen Titans Rebirth book.

So he's probably due for non-Damian related shit. I'd kill for him to do something beyond family shit.

I find it pretty ironic that Ivy has been reduced to nothing more than Harley's girlfriend as a character, given how badly Harley fans want her to not be dependent on The Joker and to be independent.