ONE MORE THING

ONE MORE THING

WE'RE WAITING OLD MAN

>bumping your own thread

JACKIE

Its not my own thread my man...

MAGIC MUST DEFEAT MAGIC

Was anyone else really disappointed when they learned that Jackie wasn't voiced by irl Jackie?

In the french dub he actually says : Je n'ai pas fini!
Which in english means : i'm not done!

Yeah because I just get shitfaced and bump threads

I have better things to do right now than bumping threads

Cool factiorial I guess, you filthy Canadian

>muh weed

You want a piece of UNCLEEEEEEE?

I was

Uncle was the best

>factiorial
>french=Canadian

Truly dank my Clapistani friend

With this board have so many difficulties of accepting there are not only North American people? But people from literally everywhere ? A lot of people never goes to Sup Forums?

I often seen some fags calling another fag "mexican" when there are broken english, WTF? American people here thinks there are American standards? How do you know this Guy is mexican and not from Brazil, Greece, Italy, Argentina or Philippines???

Americans are stupid and self centered. News at 11.

We all know who rocked the series

so what was the true pronunciation of the spell?

Hee yuuuuu moooo gwaaay Fay fai tzeeeee zzzzoowwwww

Right we do!

BAD DAY BAD DAY BAD DAY

I don't get how you guys thought he was, irl Jackie couldn't speak english for shit as the Dear Jackie questions made clear.

why do you assume you're the smartest in the room

El Toro is the greatest!

Why did they make a cartoon out of Jackie Chan? How did it turn out decent? I have too many questions regarding this show.

no Jackie

El Toro!

For what it's worth, the guy who voices Jackie is essentially Jackie's official voice impersonator.

Why did they never give his name? I'm sure his parents didn't name him "Jackie Chan's Uncle" when he was born. Even in a dream he adresses himself as "Uncle"

Why do shows do this shit? What's the point in hiding names? It's not cute. It's not funny. It's just plain obonxious. Particularly when theyre outright telling us that theyre obscuring the name with the sound of a passing vehicle when it's supposedly being spoken

He's everyone's uncle

>Why do shows do this shit? What's the point in hiding names?

Fuck you, that's the point.

But not everyone's grandpa?

Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao

Jackie!

Gorilla Grip!

Wouldn't that require him to do it with everyone's grandmother?

Is this cartoon as good as I think I remember it being?

That guy's pretty big.

El Toro!

I was I didn't understand the concept of foreign language dubbing back then, thought.

For you

Because his name is entirely unimportant. He functions simply to be Jackie's uncle.

Stay with Uncle!
Didn't say which uncle

The first like, three seasons are outstanding.
Later seasons are good but the formula starts to get a bit stale.

Technically, "uncle" is just a polite placeholder for any man older than you for Eastern Asians. Like how they refer to older women as "auntie" without them actually being blood-related whatsoever. It doesn't really translate well to English since most native English speakers don't address others in this way aside from using the standard "mister", "sir", "ma'am" or "lady" for complete strangers. Family members also don't refer to each other with their familial status instead of their name except for parents. You usually just refer to family members by name.

Sucks when there's no English equivalent for that stuff because it's too clunky to translate it literally and then sounds too foreign when you use the original language word ("oniisan" or "oneesan", "aniki", etc.).

>But people from literally everywhere ?

get out of here,man. That's just a myth. North America was the only country ever made, the rest is just a vast wasteland.

No one's hiding his name on purpose, it's respectful to address him by his title. You don't call your parents by name, do you?

Shut the hell up, you insecure foreign faggot.

This.
Even in my country we use 'uncle' or 'aunt' for older strangers.

Angry Crow takes flight!

"Uncle" is a title, not a proper name.

What point?

That's a cop-out. Of course it's important. His parents wouldn't have named him "Jacjie Chan's Uncle" when he was born. He HAS to have an actual name. He presumably has to fill out official forms such as taxes and pay for utilities. No one will accept a check from "Uncle"

>You don't call your parents by name, do you?

No, but they've always had actual names.

What

Not even Uncle Sam?

Oh god I remember this show. I think the last arc I remember watching was about talking Oni masks that summoned variations of the generic shadow ninja they used as fodder minions. I recall an episode where the now washed up villain from season one had one stuck to his ass.

How did that end up going? Was there any more afterwards?

I hate fish

The last season was about Shendu's son from the future came back to get his powers to take over the world

Then when he gained the powers and became a giant Cthuluesque dragon they summoned Shendu who decided to fight him because Shendu is a dick

>only decent

Hungry wolf slaughters lamb!

I am honored.

I thought the rest was Ocean the waste lands sunk 50 years ago. You must have some old ass textbooks.

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TELL ME WHATS A CHINCHILLA