Civil War II: X-Men #3 preview

So anyone got that "Missing Mutants after Secret Wars" chart?

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Living_Mutants
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we got another one turning up

You can already guess from looking at this page

Yeah yeah, we know, the cover leaked a while ago.

Heeeeeere's Rachel, everyone!

Fug I spoilered for nothing then

So are civilians from DC more tolerable about mutates and other super-beings than MU Civilians? Just hit me after re-reading JLA/Avengers.

Yes. Traditionally, DC civilians idolized their heroes. Just look at the Flash Museum. On the other hand, Marvel civilians are among the most hateful, bigoted, ignorant and generally detestable people in comics.

When done right, yes

This is retarded. I thought people feared and hated the shithumans too? What happened?

Most of the time, yes. Only group that I know is hated are Metal Men.
Or that's just Giffen being Giffen.

Magneto should wear a hat more often.

Marvel knows their X-Audience is full of fear and paranoia about the line's status, so they play on those ideas in their comics.

They never hated them. Outside that one panel where we've seen Friends of Humanity ripoff, I don't think they're HATED AND FEARED.

He wears a helmet, that's sorta a hat.
Also, the black helmet with red trim is best.

DC doesn't get political like Marvel does.
Even when Lex Luthor was President it all stayed comicbooky and never strayed into political statement.
Green Arrow used to be the big exception but that didn't last.

Someone please hug me

How about a mental hug?

Fine by me

I have yet to see this chart.
Now I want to see this chart.
This is going to bug me now.

Variant by Mike Mayhew

shit

This list must be out-dated.

- RIGHT off the bat, Cyclops isn't dead: He'll always be my little Champion
- Polaris can't be poisoned by the Terrigen cloud because she's not only immune to poisons after Apocalypse made her one of his Pestilence Horsemen, plus she was one of the M-Day depowered: not a mutant anymore.
- Surge (I'm 90% sure) has shown up in the background of Extraordinary's Limbo demon battle.
- Frenzy was in a #1 issue of Inhumans as "a mutant who didn't care abou her reputation"
- Eva Bell quit the teams and began travelling the multiverse of timelines in Uncanny#500
- Rachel...
- Gambit showed up alive and well and thieving in the last Uncanny Avengers
- Quentin is a post-life manifestation of a higher existence cast-away psychic form (or something) so I don't think he can even actually die.
- Madrox is a multitude of people spread out around the world, fat chance that they all died.
- Dani Moonstar was M-Day depowered so she can't die by mist either, plus she's an associate of Hela herself... so...

List is outdated.
And Cyclops is dead. Champions will have notmuh version.

How much you wanna bet that you'll come to prefer classic Cyke sooner or later?

your knowledge of lore pleases me

Never!

why don't they ask Doctor Nemesis for a cure

>not wanting like ten version of Scotty running around all the time
what's wrong with you guys, I thought you were fans

>Marvel civilians are among the most hateful, bigoted, ignorant and generally detestable people in comics.
Hate to say it but sometimes that feels like the more realistic representation of modern humanity.

>wanting to cure Inhumanity
Ewww, they're like X-Men but better. Why don't you read Jenkins' Inhumans? It's their only good story!
If he was worth a fuck, I'd want him. He's been useless ever since he showed up.

only if you are lazy

they did do one miniseries called DC:Votes where every hero except superman essentially gave up their political orientation.

green arrow saves so leftist and in the process gives him an endorsement(that leads to big bump in the polls) so every hero starts endorsing candidates.

batman and wonder woman eventually get in on it as a way to embed themselves into those campaigns(they are also stopping a mad bomber at the time).

In the end the only person who's political allegiance wasn't revealed was superman.

to save the mutants
Nemesis is 100% immune

Yeah. Lois and Hawkman are Republican,because muh strong military. Ollie wanted to kill Hal, Bruce supported Democrat? Liberal? I remember it was some guy with Hispanic surname.

Did you fall out of the Durp tree and hit every branch on the way down?
We're Sup Forums here, all we do is passively absorb entertainment. Nobody is more lazy!

>Turning eletricity into music
Huh

batman never endorsed anyone technically, but Bruce wayne donated a large amount to the democrats to embed himself in that campaign.

while wondy went republican.

One could argue that neither technically gave up their orientation since it was all a ruse to better protect the candidates but I assume the intention was to show their alliegence. makes sense.

Bruce always seemed centre left. and if wondy isn't a war hawk then no-one is.

Surge hasn't done jack shit since Disk Wars.

>X-MEN 3
>CIVIL WAR 2
>40 SECONDS LEFT IN THE THIRD

I have now updated and have searched each and everyone on this list. I Saw Pixie in that Splash page in Civil War II #1 but couldn't trust it with Bendis continuity.

Also put the badly put green X's for ALive status.

>they did do one miniseries called DC:Votes

For any anons looking this up, it's actually called DC Universe Decisions.

Yeah, I was the one who came up with this list, and as you mention, a handful of these have shown up since I made the list, and a couple of people I was unaware of (like Frenzy) had appeared. I did create an updated version of that list later, but sadly I can't find it now.

thats the one. yeah my memory is shot.

someone should story time that before election day.

Yeah, you're right. I should've said it was Bruce, not Batman. He did that to keep an eye on guy, anyway.
>all those muggas
At least we got Siberforce back!

You're right, there she is, clear as day!
I new they'd never kill off a character with such an iconic look!
(and it can't be a bendis flub because this is the artist's duty)

Anyone else find Civil War II: X-Men to be really sub-par?
It seems kind phoned in.

>kind phoned in
At least we learned BASED GODDESS is race traitor.

Cut her some slack.

First of all, She betrayed mutantkind LONG before that... Joined the Fantastic Four, married the (male,WTFStorm?) King of Wakanda, betrayed our Phoenixclops in AVX, Betrayed our Rightclops post AVX, betrayed Beast in his Hankervention, and even betrayed The Inhumans by telling old psycho Magneto about the fortune teller.
And second, we should pity this poor crazy lady who thinks she's a goddess, chats with dead people, and thinks Hell is prime real-estate for a makeshift hospital.

You know Uncanny Avengers had a completely different Hellfire club to Bunn's comic a couple of months prior.

It's all a bit forced. But it's still way more level-headed and sensible than either Xtra X-Men or Civil War 2.
Bunn isn't a good writer. But he sort of manages to get by with his X-Men work by endlessly bringing up, referencing and sticking to other people's continuity, mostly classic Claremont.
It's a shame that Soule and Lemire are writing the next two events. I don't think either of them has any clue about X-Men.

I prefered that (classic) lineup over lolMagneto'sgf.

Bigger backstabber than Hank. Color me impressed.

Yeah, Bunn's lineup is really week. Mostly because 3 out of 5 are Magneto/one of Magneto's teammates/Magneto's obsessed fuckbuddy.
I was hoping it was a classic line-up + Magneto so the club would have its own agenda.
Even if Monet turns into poor-man's Seline now, the club is still pretty toothless unless Shaw makes something major happen.

I respect that he wants to continue story from Magneto solo...
That's all.

Wait has Armor shown up?

And should we count Firestar?

Transonic was in Evan's birthday party in All New X Men

>was superimportant
>now is wallpaper for C-lister's birthday
And still got it out better than Hope.

She was never super important, even by X-Kids standards she was pretty forgettable

Idie on the other hand was pretty important because of Schism and how much focus she got in WATXM

Well Hell, I never expected to see one of the Five Lights besides Idie again. Then again I don't really read All New X-Men so there was that...

She was a major part of the line for some time, and was the new leader of X-Force the last time she was seen before Secret Wars shit things up.

She was still one of the Lights, so even if not very important individually, she got a good deal of screentime as part of the group.

Yet, you could argue this is an even bigger fuck up, if we are talking importance

I meant Transonic

Hope was always supposed to be important, but no one wanted to touch her after AvX

Hopeless used her. In book that Sup Forumsmrades unironically recommend.

Oh yeah, sorry, misread.

I really think Gen Hope is one of the weaker youth teams they've ever created. I really can't blame none of them sticking other than Hope herself and Idie.

It was mindless fun

It's not great like Claremont or Morrison, but it's still more enjoyable than a lot of bad X-Books like Humphries Uncanny X-Force

Thing I liked: Nemesis and Forge fighting with their monsters. That rocked. Psylocke's I AM WEAPON, I AM DAMAGED, I CAN'T FEEL, I'M DEAD INSIDE, WE'RE ALL DEAD, STOP USING US LIKE WEAPONS, NATE not so much.
Oh, giving Colossus love interest that isn't Pryde is good.

Psylocke was in Remender's and Humphries and Spurrier's X-Forces

Not in Hopeless'

Oh, riiight. And I wondered why I remember art differently.

What am I supposed to be looking at other than your standard bad future end scenario

>peeps into people's mind
>wonders why they hate mutants

You know... A thought occurs...

What if there was a family where a member was cacooned by the mist and in the process was unable to protect their mutant sibling/child/parent from the mist/succumbing to the pox?

Could you imagine the sheer amount of hatred that person and their newfound powers would unleash upon the world?

And I'm just not talking about hatred for the Inhumans...

They would hate civilians like ... They would have the Avengers for their complacency... And if they ever learned about the Magneto's "rescue" of mutants who willingly allowed themselves to be cyrostatis'd by Someday Enterprises to wait out the mists, they'd sure as hell hate the X-Men too...

Unless Magneto got mandate to create team, he's not leading official X-Men team.

your standard bondage for your gf

He's basically leading an X-Force in all but name

How does Marvel want anyone to support the Inhumans? Their fucking gas is killing probably millions, and all they can say is "It's sacred to us"
I mean, do they hope the love of Kamala overtakes the love for mutants?

I'm happy to see Rachel back safely since it feels like she's someone always in danger of being swept under the rug in the event of a continuity sweepout

Also happy she chose her sides well. Why the FUCK are the X-Men siding with Carol?

The Inhumans push is failed and almost over. The movie is cancelled and they've given the property entirely to Agents of SHIT

People love Kamala but the Inhumans can't even pull off riding her coattails.

Which is why pushing Medusa so much was so boneheaded. She's completely unlikable.

According to some rumor, no one is allowed to touch Cecilia without Marjorie Liu approval

My "mandate" comment referenced that X-Men issue when Storm said she's not allowed to make a team, that she doesn't have mandate and whatnot.
Only to create it. Fuck me if I remember where I've seen that.
Like anyone gives a fuck about her. Or needing her approval. Look how she bowed her head with Icegay.

And seriously, fuck her. She's the reason why the New X-Men vanished cause "She didn't like them"

Because Warbird is such awesome character.

>She's completely unlikable.
Not to mention what she pulled of on Stark. OK, he isn't innocent here, but what Medusa did was way too much.

And then Maximus and Triton add fuel to the fire by blowing up Stark Towers.

Thank God none of Tony's gfs doesn't have cure for Inhumans.

They used to be much more of a mixed bag, but got flanderized into the hateful virtual lynch mob they are today.

Doesn't help that all the X-men's non mutant supporting cast has kind of evaporated.

>Putting young men and women in creepy bondage gear as 'pets'
#PROBLEMATIC

I thought tumbler loves bondage, because muh 50 Shades of Twilight?

Tumblr is weirdly divided on 50 Shades.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Living_Mutants

Thank God, Mindblast is alive.

Domino, Frenzy, Jubilee, Gambit, Rachel Grey, Warlock, Cannonball at the very least are all accounted for.

Oh and Goldballs is in Spiderman Miles Morales edition.

Pixie too

I think that picture is pretty old and not updated at this point

I don't understand why Magneto and co haven't destroyed the mist or destroyed the Inhumans for not containing the mist yet.

This is genocide, pure and simple.

Only because they think they're mutants.

Because attacking Inhumans is what killed Scott Summers.

zippy link plz