Ultimates preview

why does rocafort have to leave the book with the relaunch to go draw shit

Well that was solved pretty quick.

>Hi my name is Kenny Rocafort and I don't like drawing backgrounds
>Look at my crAaAaAaAzy panels though!

maybe they are putting him on something else

btw that was the last page

He uses the same exact paneling style for every book he draws. Some sort of pseudo technological bordering that has no variation. Shit is getting old.

This is my first Rocafort book so I thought it fit pretty well into the themes and style of this one.

Shit, I hate Carol as much as the next Hulk but I don't think directly assaulting her unprovoked while she's in charge is a good idea. Especially with fucking chairs and desks? Really?

It would be easier to release the briefcase lady and quietly leave than to raise the alert of everyone in the goddamn room of defiance.

Aw fuck

So how long till Rocafort becomes marvel exclusive

I don't have a problem with the paneling as long as he doesn't go too crazy. Plus most panels are just black borders so I don't get tired of his techno stuff. But the white backgrounds are terrible, especially in this series. With all the white space and him leaving the book it makes me feel like he is cutting corners to keep schedule.

>t'challa- "these niggas"
I want to see how Ewing writes BP so far he's been a background character in this book

Oh good, Monica can kick America's ass and everybody can shut up about that first issue's showcase.

He's going to be an artist on Inhumans vs X Men

Only the zero chapter. The rest is done by the guy who is doing death of x.

wait mix up Leinil Francis Yu is doing the rest

T'challa will interfere

Jesus Brasher just snap her neck already

where's based Bob when you need him

He's coming back to DC for Rebirth wave 2. :^)

But everyone is so pretty

>Comics
>Forever

I hope not, he sucks.

>Team of black people with a white stronk woman leader being pushed
>based Latina is the best black person

>comics
>ever

Seriously, how in the absolute fuck is Carol going to walk out of this event not looking like an insufferable bitch and in any way appealing to mainstream audiences in time for her movie?

Didn't GW Wilson hint that the event would end with a time paradox?

Or did I miss that getting debunked?

I haven't read any of this since just before Civil War 2 started. Has the event completely derailed and ruined the series, or should I keep reading?

Because she's 100% right.

The first Civil War issue was Bendis cleanup duty. It managed to make the fight in the main book actually make sense.
Subsequent issues have been good, but it's still part of CWII.

>Only a white woman can lead this team of minorities because white women have the least privlage

Sorry who is black guy who isn't black panther?

jesus fucking christ, there are so many fucking things wrong with that cover, I don't even know where to start

Blue Marvel. 80-year-old black antimatter-powered Superman.

So is that Marvel's Dr. Light?

I now love Hispanic America girl. Who is she? I'm going to buy her volume 1 just out of appreciation that someone shit Carol the fuck up with a chair to the face. I usually enjoy Danvers, her trainwreck of an existence and poor life choices can be entertaining, but she is as obnoxious as fuck in this event.

Briefcase lady was already freed by Nightcrawler, wasn't she? Or did that actually re-arrest her when they decided it was unlawful for SHIELD to detain her?

Alright.

Chavez is winning me over.

Just how powerful IS America, anyway?? Were upper limits of her energy output ever established?

I mean she nearly knocked the Blue Marvel on his butt and he can give the Sentry a fight.

I think that station has been passed.

This is a 'Civil War' and that means the main characters are horribly warped.

Doesn't automatically mean time will be changed. Ulyssess sees the most likely future. But his visions have been averted several times, which means his power does not account for himself. Seeing the future is paradoxical anyway.

...Who, which Doctor Light, and in what way?

alternate Carol replacement, Mind Wipe Carol, Secret Invasion Sekret Skrull twist, all just Ulysees dream

As powerful as she needs to be. She harnesses the energy of Marisunia through extreme Lesbian dancing to overcome whatever is in her way.

You shitlord.

bet she didn't see that coming

She is supposedly a Superman analog with teleportation powers from another reality. Shown capable of reacting to light speed and moving at light speed. Never got any clear indication how strong she is though.

she is fast but not light speed
She is pretty strong but hasn't done anything close to brashear or hulk level.

Guess we are about to find out.

>cover didn't lie for once
Damn.

That black woman on the right. She's wearing the same costume, safe for the leather jacket.

She can turn into different forms of energy.

Ah. No, that's Monica Rambeaux, the second Captain Marvel. She can turn herself into any kind of electromagnetic radiation, and some other kinds as well, even neutrinos.

So kind of like Doctor Light, I guess.

Miss America, of the Young Avengers, which was deeply mediocre.
She may be getting a solo at some point, but doesn't have one yet.

>which was deeply mediocre.

And gay as hell. Like, literally.

Don't worry user, America will still look sexy when Travel draws her.

She's a Wonder Woman analogue, you mong. She's even from space Amazon and inexplicably wears red white and blue.

Mainstream audiences don't read comics so it hardly matters.

Did this artist have a stroke? I mean what the fuck is up with this shitty faces. They all look strung out.

>She is supposedly a Superman analog
No? She's a flying brick with teleportation powers but she's hardly a Superman analog.

If anything, she's a Wonder Woman analog.

What? The faces are great. The fuck are you on about?

Who'd win in a fight between Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman and Blue Marvel/Black Panther/Miss America?

She have didn't them before leaving her home. She probably just dropped on to earth, saw that america was represented by the red white and blue and went with it.

You don't see speech bubbles on covers much anymore.

I'm 99% sure they're going to release the woman and she's going to be a sleeper Hydra agent and suitcase nuke a city.
Carol will be "I told you so"

I love how Black Panther has no other choice other than pose there like he's above it all because he knows he's severely outclassed by everyone in the room.

>Dat chairshot
Alright, for the first time ever America did something to win me over instead of acting like a petulant brat
>Immediately punches someone on the same side of her
I appreciate the consistent characterization, at least.

Batman if prep time.

Well, he was trying to stop her and until this point he was team Carol. The choosing sides cover, and ultimates 8 cover make it look like he still is on Carol's side.

I like how T'challa does nothing and just watches. Sums his feelings about all this shit up pretty good.

Sure, but given the context leading up to it he was firmly arguing AGAINST Carol and got punched only because "You can't tell me what to do" and "Lesbian" are her only two character traits.

I thought 'Murrica was Bi.

>You can't tell me what to do
It was because he was trying to stop her, why wouldn't she resist.

I think she is like wonder woman, as in, came from a universe/dimension in which there were only lesbians.

She's a lesbian hispanic black woman, she's unstoppable in SJW comics central

Say you pick a fight against two bigger guys, and your bigger friend tries to step in and stop it, do you punch him in the face? If so, you might be an asshole and should get that checked.

I think they might delve into MAC still being unstable after the fight with Thanos in this issue.

They aren't friend though

She tried guys while experimenting and didn't care for it

That was incredibly satisfying.

10/10 for MAC
>mfw BP just stands there looking down at them

That T'Challa is reaction image worthy.

Funny how in the main books and some tie-ins T'Challa is treated like Carol's lapdog, but here Ewing writes him the way he should be.

I do like that all of the Ultimates are acting like Carol is off her rocker on this one.

Poochie can do no wrong. She can also beat up the whole team if she has to. Just you watch, Poochie is the best, most importantest character ever, and the only bad thing that can happen to her is mild inconvenience when people can't handle that totally non-sterotypical latina tough girl sass. The fact that she came down against carol itself proves that Carol is wrong about the whole thing, because poochie is never wrong.

She's basically cross-dimensional Cable, only more diverse and therefor more right

"Okay guys are you with me or against me?"
"GONNA HIT YOU WITH A CHAIR I'M AN ADULT I'VE SEEN REALITIES WHERE THIS HAS GONE WRONG AND HAVE NOT MENTIONED THIS BEFORE!"

>Civil War paying off America's plot in the 0 issue.

Ewing's so good

>>This briefcase could destroy us!!!
>>Because is empty
>>Kino cover not lying

2meta4me

I really, REALLY wish there was some act of humility coming for America. I really do.

>muh multiple realities
>muh doing this since I was a kid (ie less than a decade)
>muh short-temper

This stops being endearing after a while and starts coming of as down right BRATTY. She's an emotionally stunted child with zero respect for other heroes because the super-power lottery was kind to her.

Monica, PLEASE push her shit in. Heavily.

Superman (with effort)
Black Panther (with extreme effort)
Wonder Woman (with little effort)

Superman and Batman stomp while Miss America uses a strap-on with Wondy

>MAC
>Stronger than Wondy

What the fuck makes you come to that conclusion?

>strap-on
>implying America is a futanari
lesbian dimension that somehow produces offspring.

she has Superboy Prime power punches

>implying America isn't a futanari

>she has Superboy Prime power punches
She has an ability that lets her open portals but it's not due to being so strong she can literally punch through them. She's standard brick tier, Inhumans can fight her evenly.

All she has to do is punch Diana into another reality, and punch her way out, and leave her there.

Dude knows how to weave in event shit,

I guess, but assuming Diana for whatever reason can't stop herself from being pushed through one or following America back out after she is, that isn't exactly winning a fight. It's delaying it until Wonder Woman finds some dimensional hopper to hitch a ride back with.