What did he end up doing for the rest of his life?

what did he end up doing for the rest of his life?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jr8ai/i_am_paul_schrader_writer_of_taxi_driver/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He drives

but I mean was he happy? is he "better"

Most likely stuck with his taxi driver job, slowly getting angry at the city again, and going on another rampage this time either ending in death or prison.

hunting vampires according to this

This is objectively Scorsese best film

jodie foster

Probably offed himself the very next day

what do you mean op? he is dead. He died, and what we saw at the end of the movie was his visions

silence is his best film pleb

I didn't look at it that way but that makes sense. In reality he'd probably get jail time

Posting on Sup Forums

straight from the writer

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1jr8ai/i_am_paul_schrader_writer_of_taxi_driver/

>The epilogue is not a dream sequence, it's just the restarting of the movie. I've always felt that the last frame could be spliced to the first frame and the movie started all over again. However, you are right to say that good movies leave themselves open for interpretation.

None of that shit at the flophouse happened. It was just a fantasy he had while ____________driving a fucking taxi_____

was he the original Sup Forumsfag?

so what he's saying is that he will do the whole shit over and over?

He was an /r9k/ and /k/ cross poster, nobody on Sup Forums has the balls to actually go on a rampage

yeah which is why the music becomes dark again

Yeah, in the commentary Scorcese put in that last scene where he looks at the mirror to show that Travis is still unhinged, and hasn't really been redeemed or cured in any way.

If you consider that the story is loosely based on Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground, this isn't surprising at all.

Time is a flat circle

My interpretation of the ending is that you're supposed to be left to your own devices to figure out what's next for Travis, which is just as scary and dark as the movie itself. Does he clean up and move onto a respectable life? Does he stay where he's at until retirement? Another violent outburst? Who knows?

>loosely based on Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground

the loosest reach

senpai Sup Forums just bought and APC to screw with antifa rioters with

Paul Schrader himself said it was an influence. The connections are obvious. Travis Bickle is the underground man. It even has the famous "hooker with a heart of gold" pseudo-redemption story Dostoevsky is famous for.

Do you think Scorsese regrets getting Reagan elected?

Underground man would never try to realise his fantasies, that's why he's so pathetically funny. The whole episode with that officer he tried to bump into is what would happen. Travis is an antihero, UM is a worm, a pest.

>being such a shitskin pussy that you only have the guts to scream "praise kek" from the inside of an armoured vehicle

Yes, you're right that is the chief difference. Underground man is the archetypal superfluous man. Travis actually takes action at the end.

KUNDUN!
I liked it!

>HAHA STOOPID POLLERS DONT DO A THING THEY JUST SIT BEHIND A COMPOOTER
>HAHA STOOPID POLLERS ARE GOING TO FAR ITS NOT FARE THAT THEY GET THE BIG TRUCK
Just ignore all of the times where the kekistani faggots beat the shit out of antifa in the streets of some of the most liberal cities in the country.