Um you guys

Um you guys...

>The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien (might be in development at WB)

deadline.com/2017/07/the-next-game-of-thrones-ready-player-one-comic-con-list-future-franchises-1202134325/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh wow that's actually zzzzzzzzzz

NO GOD NO

no.

i thought christopher had those rights

Almost certainly bullshit, no way Christopher Tolkien will approve it after he got Jewed over Lord of the Rings: (((officially))), LotR trilogy has yet to make a profit, hence the Tolkien estate has made $0 out of it.

The moment they said they were making the Hobbit into a trilogy EVERYONE should have seen this coming

>muh 6 silmarillion

that is going to be literally impossible so I'm not worried

plus no matter how bastardized it was the average viewer would still absolutely hate it

>Silmarillion
>runtime 1 million minutes

The article is a list of franchises studios might be interested in. I guess?

Stay the fuck away from Malazan. I can't even imagine how watered down an adaptation would be.

>There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away

But they don't have the rights and Tolkien will never sell them after what happened with New Line Cinema

literally unfilmable

>LotR trilogy has yet to make a profit, hence the Tolkien estate has made $0 out of it.
lmao how the fuck did that happen

>book of the new sun
no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

This
Its a little too abstract at times for a production company like warner brothers to tackle

Hmm, it's nothing until they get the rights. Which I doubt they will.

Just how horrifically Jewified would a modern Tolkien adaptation be?

Would all the Elves be black and Morgoth a Blonde haired Blue eyed white male?

If Snyder is directing, Diablo would be GOAT.
G O A T
O
A
T

With jews you always lose

yes, that's exactly what it would be, you can go back to your board now.

Yeah well you can blame JRR for that who essentially sold the rights for booze money.

>all these VG adaptations

Why should the Tolkien estate make money off it? It's not like they fucking did anything to make the films. Chrissy is the ultimate hack who has spent his entire life riding the coattails of his father.

>Elder Scrolls is derivative as fuck on purpose. Would be pretty stupid to do a movie of.
>The first WoT book would actually make a good 10-part TV series. The rest suck

No it isn't.

They don't have the rights.

Christopher Tolkein has stated he will never sell them.

Get out.

kike

There isn't anyone alive with the vision, the dedication or the restraint to make this work, even if it were on the table (it won't be until CT dies).

i laughed

who

gives

a

flying

fuck

Ive never read it, can someone redpill me on the silmarillion and why it wouldnt work in a theatric version?

it's like a Middle Earth history book, not a contemporary novel

it spans millennia and hundrends of characters

>Diablo
>Fallout

I think it could work, condense it down so we get to see the EPIC battles, add some romance, bring some diversity to the cast to appeal to modern audiences. It could be a huge hit.

What it would work as is an episodic History Channel show, not feature film

according to my understanding, it would be like trying to make a theatric version of the bible. Perhaps some individual stories may work but trying to adapt the entire text would be almost impossible. At least with biblical stories they are, for the most part, common knowledge or at least people recognize the main elements of them. With the Silmarillion you wouldn't have that.

That would be shit

Give us Extended Extended Editions with fixed CGI in 4K

>Depressed Synder making a Diablo movie

Oh fuck me that would be a good

Kino is back

>silmarillion
>not Children of Hurin