King Arthur: Legend of the sword

>Oi, I've gotta a right proper idea: let's make an edgy and gritty reboot of the Arthurian Legend
>Go on then
>Let's make King Arthur a minor crime boss
>But that's not edgy enough, so let's make him live in a brothel
>But don't forget that this is a fantasy movie so we have to cram in contrivances such as 300m tall elephants, fireballs and giant snakes in there, as well
>Is the tone completely ruined yet? No? Ok then let's make everyone a chav
>Oh, did I mention we're going to cut away every time anyone finishes a sentence?

What a mess. What the fuck was Guy Ritchie thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRZPqunSnNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>edgy

but the lady of the lake scene though

Pretty much the only good thing in the entire movie.

>cut away every time anyone finishes a sentence
I have to watch this now. It'll be nice to see a movie that's non-boring at 1x speed.

I liked Arthur being a minor crime boss, I'd watch a movie about him and his mates doing criminal shit

It was made with videogame players in mind

What else do you expect from Guy "Quirky Gangster" Ritchie? All his movies are the same,I love him but that is true. If the guy directed Harry Potter,it would be about Weasley twins and their shenanigans.

there's also this autistic tantrum

i tried to watch it but after 15 minutes i gave up.

what
the
fuck

This is by far the worst movie I've ever paid to see twice.

They literally got the guys who did mocap for The Witcher 3 to do the fights.

>character talks about a situation
>flashback plays
>oi, thats not wot happened m8
>flashback rewinds x2
>in a dark fantasy setting.

>so we went to see Mike
>Which mike? Mike the spike, short mike, like mike, mike tyson, be clear arthur, which mike?

Who thought this dialogue was a good idea?

dude, gangsters xDDD

it wasn't edgy lol
if anything the original legend was more "edgy" with incest, rape baby Mordred and cuckoldery

the film was just a bad fantasy with some gangster scenes here and there

Even in fantasy movies they still have that faggot haircut

> minor crime boss from a port city
> somehow more competent in military matters than the resistance, whose members were former knights

get with the times lefty

He isn't shown to be more competent in military matters. He's just better than them at stealing things and causing property damage, which actually makes a lot of sense for a crime boss. IMO, this movie fell apart when it tried to be high fantasy. The "dude it's King Arthur but he's a chav lmao" thing would have made for a completely average but still entertaining movie, like Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes movie.

f-fuck off, it was kino

this flick was ultra garbage
I cant name a single thing I enjoyed
it started with Uther seemingly being badass for 1 minute
but then he jumps around like some anime ninja and one shots da powerful mage and immediately teleporting back
this set the tone for the next 90 min or so
and where the fuck was even Merlin?

bottom line: watch the Excalibur flick from the 80s instead, it has Oscar Schindler and Cptn Picard in it

lol

It was a glorious clutsterfuck of a movie

I kind of liked the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=FRZPqunSnNg

I didn't hate it that much. It was fun and entertained me the whole time. I agree that it would have been better if the king plot wasn't there.

Probably a 6, 6.5/10. There are way worse flicks out there.

>It was fun and entertained me the whole time
Were you really entertained when the mage delivered her lines with all the enthusiasm of a teenager apologizing for shoplifting while their father stands behind them?

>I've ever paid to see twice.
What the fuck man, why?

you forgot
>cast literally the worst actor in hollywood for the lead role

I was expecting Robin Hood to make an appearance.

robin hood is actually in the once and future king.

>we want the CoD playing GoT watching audience
like wth was Richie thinking?
I get that there was some boomer exec farting out this terrible amalgamation of themes
but I cannot believe that the creative people involved werent full of self-loathing for being involved in this project