How the hell did they manage to conquer Hightower in just a day without even any siege weapons?

How the hell did they manage to conquer Hightower in just a day without even any siege weapons?

Moral failure

how many fucking threads do you need?

because D&D wanted them to for the plot and also nice bait

>Hightower

It's Gardentower you pleb

Is the Tyrell army so weak?

Why did they thought that shopping a generic castle on a windows xp wallpaper was a good idea?

Bad writing.

They've always been, really.

With the largest population, army and wealth they've failed to ever conquer any of their neighbors ever.

*Highforest

The same way joker snuck in hundreds of explosive barrels into hospitals, boats, and warehouses. The plower of plot.

>two major, plot-changing battle scenes completely crammed into to two 5 minute scenes comprised of two big CGI shots and 3 people getting stabbed with a spear

Is this show, dare I say it, fucking shit?

were the tyrell's outnumbered?

The Tyrell vassals all went over to the Lannisters it seems. Still doesn't explain why they couldn't hold the castle when the Lannisters didn't have siege.

I imagine you'd stop giving a shit and embrace death if your attempt at a rebellion fizzes out, your friends, family and children get turned into green dust, your household legacy is wiped from existence, and you look outside and see thousands of motivated human beings hell bent on physically burning the remnants to the ground. Human beings tend to simply give up after enough bullshit, especially when you're a leathery dinosaur

D&D said in the behind the scenes that "the Tyrells weren't known for their fighting so it wouldn't make sense to show a huge battle" or something along those lines.

Motherfucker, you don't become a lord of all that land without having a halfway competent army. A siege on Hightower could take a year or even more based on how much food and troops they supposedly have. They don't even need to be particularly skilled or weathered, just knowledgeable of basic siege defense.

it's Floweropolis

they left the door open

To be fair most historical sieges that ended in a castle falling were because someone opened a gate for the invaders.

If the Tyrell bannermen are mostly going over to the Lannisters, it isn't implausible to believe someone opened a gate and let them in.

forgot to lock the gates lmao

>armies build siege engines and then march with them for miles
Jesus Christ are you people fucking retarded
That sort of stuff was erected at its location of use

Tyrion built their castle.

what siege engines?

>[citation needed]
Opening the castle gate isn't as easy as opening the door to the loo. Not to mention that any medieval castle that's worth something would have multiple gates and portcullis.

>[citation needed]
>agree with me by mentioning multiple gates
Yes, bright eyes, they'd usually open one gate (of the many a larger castle would have) to let invaders in. Are you ESL?

You brainlet if this was a proper siege they wouldn't be marching in formation to the castle and then assault it. They would be digging trenches and building fortifications around the castle while also constructing siege weapons and then slowly getting closer and closer to it building more stuff until they could use their siege engines and storm Hightower.

But we don't see any of this happening in the show. Which is strange because this happened in the siege of Rivertown and Stannis ordered his men to do that when he tried to besiege Winterfall

The real problem was that they made bids for power by getting balls deep with Renly, and then the same play AGAIN with Joffrey. They should have married the smirking whore off to a more competent and friendly local lord, and worked on building home defenses so they didn't get fucked when the war of the five kings drove the nation into anarchy.

The stupid old bitch with the hat fucked them all.

dude have you not played Medieval Total War 2? Jaime just got a spy inside the castle and he opened the gates

>Opening the castle gate isn't as easy as opening the door to the loo
umm no sweetie, did you not see how 10 good unsullied men opened the main gate to casterly rock? it was just a wooden gate with one wooden log "bracing" it
get BTFO

Yes castles have multiple gates around the walls, what meant was multiple gates and portcullis in a single corridor like in the picture. You can have as many as five gates in there, probably more. It would be harder for a single person to open all the gates without anyone noticing.

not to mention murder holes and boiling oil and shit

how long does it take at foot to travel from kings landing to highgarden?
because cersei told the banker she would get him his money in 2 weeks, and since she was banging jaime the morning before, that would leave jaime 14 days to go to highgarden and capture it and come back assuming his army was already mustered
which leaves only one possibility which is that the gates would have had to literally be open when he arrived

Just shut your brain while watching it

It's always been shit.

bump

Well all the Tyrells banner mens where with Tarly. Or most of them.

So who is there to hold invaders?

> two big CGI shots

it was a lot of full cg shots and for sure was pretty expensive. but I fully agree that it is a pitty to not have that battles showed a bit more detailed, especially the gardentower was disapointing short.

When will we get the scripts?

How the hell does everyone manage to teleport entire armies around the world?

>he's never been on Sup Forums when GoT was airing

fucking newfag, go fuck yourself, you have no power here.

What about the unsullied attack on the rock?

>D&D said in the behind the scenes that "the Tyrells weren't known for their fighting so it wouldn't make sense to show a huge battle" or something along those lines.

Literally everything DnD says is trash, they killed Summer and threw away Nymeria because they bite too hard into the Dragon budget.

D&D don't understand what a castle is for.

>boiling oil meme

fucking Sup Forums

Reminder

Most historical sieges ended when a negotiated settlement was made between the two sides after months of both sides literally shitting themselves to death or starving.

Aside from the vegetation I don't see what's wrong? Lots of those real castles in France in the picture were built after the age of the castle and during the age of the fortress.

Should also add that the negotiated settlement usually only came after word came that the relief army failed or wasn't coming.

Good thing Randyll and Dickon are going to fucking DIE because they're FILTHY WHITE MALES.

Golden roses dude, they don't know how to fight they even admitted it

underrated, this deserves its own thread.

They're really good at fucking, though.

Also, wasn't Garlan Tyrell an exceptional swordsman?

this is horn hill, the keep of the tarlys, compare it to highgarden which we've been hearing about for 7 seasons as a rich majestic place brimming with life surrounded by fertile fields. d&d turned it into a lame castle in the middle of nowhere

this

>inb4 they spent all the money on the CGI Dragons and Giant Ice Zombies for ep 6 / 7

it's not like they're the reason the lannisters won at blackwater or anything

How did Jaime go from King's Landing to assembling the lannister + tarly armies and taking highgarden all in one episode?

>be torn away from your family as a litte child because of the horrors of wars
>after years upon years you are finally reunited with your sister
>tell her without any context what so ever that you call yourself"The three eyed raven" now and that you can apparently see anything and everything
>when she confusingly ask you what fuck you're on about you start reminiscing in detail about the night she was married away and raped by a psychopat

what did he mean by this?

and not just this they only did 7 episodes this season

>tfw ep3 and ep4 could have been back to back lannister siege champs

That is incredibly stupid. Why would Tyrell soldiers go through a significantly different training than Lannister soldiers? I mean, I get it when there's a big cultural difference but Lannisters and Tyrells are the same fucking people geographically and culturally. It's not like Lannisters are born and raised like Dothraki or Wildlings or something.

How did Euron go from King's Landing to destroying the Unsullied fleet halfway across the continent at Casterly Rock in one episode?

>in just a day
Timelapse? Just like Jon suddenly appears at Dragonstone which is probably months of travel from Winterfell => a harbor => Dragonstone.

Siege ladders and such could have been built on-site.

Highgarden in the show is a shadow of what it should be. It should have three rings to protect the inner castle to stop this type of shit.

The dragons have been eating their budget since the things were old enough to fly, and unfortunately they take priority over every single other character or scene because the Yaaaaas Slay Queen must have her plot device.

Technically he's not shown in the assault on the unsullied fleet so he may still be in KL.

Still doesn't make much sense though.

He's bullshitting you, the Tyrells were obsessed with tournaments and chivalry, while the Westerlands are just... Not really known for their armies at all.

His capital ship was shown pretty clearly, I don't reckon he'd let any small-cocked bastard commander that beauty.

Yeah I agree it's stupid either way.

Fucking teleportation all over the goddamn place.

>fans of this series need to actually be explained such things.

jesuz, this is pleb tier if I ever saw it.

I have to admit I didn't mind that at all. I'm sick of big battles by now it's getting tiresome and after the battle of the bastards what the fuck could you do besides dragons?

But he's just saying what the show itself implied.

>and raped

>sex with husband on wedding night
>rape

Literally impossible

>Why would Tyrell soldiers go through a significantly different training than Lannister soldiers?
Depends on how much gold you spend on your army. Drilling troops is considerably expensive but will result in a significantly increased combat efficiency; in Tyrion's voiceover he said that Tywin himself built the army so you can probably imagine that they're professionally trained.

are we going to ignore the fact that the unsullied were overhyped in the show? I mean they've sucked at everything so far. even lannisters who drink and fuck are "stronger". the fuck?

There are too many inconsistencies.

For example the unsullied had set sail for casterly rock in episode 2. Now in episode 3, Euron first goes to KL which is the opposite direction, then still somehow arrives in time to burn the unsullied fleet just as they are attacking the castle.

It's bad writing.

Apparently Episode 4 has the biggest budget.

I also hate the ship teleportation thing, size and travel times never seem to remain constant in GoT. How they fuck do they fit two massive navies inside Blackwater Bay/the immediate Dragonstone area (which also has 3 fucking dragons patrolling) without them clashing? The Greyjoys allegedly sailed halfway to Dorne and a massive Ironborn fleet just caught up with them in the middle of the night.

fields of fire and dothraki screeching and murdering the shit out of jamie's forces. can't wait.

yet tyrion's trial took an entire season

>dothraki
the ones trapped on Dragonstone without ships?

D&D logic, baby. sky's the limit.

>trapped on Dragonstone
doesn't she have like tens of thousands?

They won't even fit in Dragonstone and where are they going to feed that kind of army?

Dragonstone has been abandoned for a while, there ain't anything around that shithole that would sustain that many people.

Dothraki are uselesss without their horses anyway, and Dragonstone is notoriously barren and infertile. How are they supposed to feed all their horses? Logistics are fucking boring though so it doesn't matter, except when it does

>eating rocks and dragonglass

>it was a lot of full cg shots

But not really.

> and for sure was pretty expensive

DABID defence force please go. I've seen better shit done in the 50s with matte paintings. You're out of your fucking mind if you think those scenes cost anything.

In fact you can go on Youtube and see people recreate the landing on D Day scene from Saving Private Ryan using the same digital overlay force multiplier they used to create the 10 seconds of armies shown in the TV series.

And Youtubers work for free.

hack writing powers+ budget saving powers

To be fair this is 100% on Gurm for not finishing the books

>10 good unsullied men

The literally had the 10 GOOD MEN line in the show and I almost threw something at the screen.

It's good to show contempt for your audience.

>tyrion not getting scolded for insulting women when he's talking about whores and impregnating bitches near da quuin

It turns out cutting your balls off and lowering your testosterone doesn't make you stronger

>which we've been hearing about for 7 seasons as a rich majestic place brimming with life

And even in the very episode they imply that the sacking of Highgarden is what will bring the wealth that she will pay off her debts with.

It's a static shot of a castle in the background. It's not like "it cost to much to CGI it" is an excuse. You could have painted the fucking thing.

At least imply there's wealth there. But no, it looks more shitty than a majority of castles already seen in the show. And the interior somehow has a completely different look than the utilitarian outside.

it was only a model

He used the teleporter Jon used to get to Dany.

I can conquer hightower in a few minutes if you give me 9 good men

This was the Tyrells first fight in a while, they fucked around with Renly, fought Stannis for 2 seconds then fucked around in the capital. Lannisters have been fighting non stop since Rob started marching south

Play fighting doesnt earn you xp for wars

>Volcanic soil
>infertile
How come that fat fuck is so ignorant?

Maybe the timing is all fucked because we're actually now watching Twin Thrones without any announcement of the change and D&D have now just decided fuck it, it's time for a fully non-linear, de-constructed plot.

We're all getting LYNCHED by stealth.

Don't know, but his world, his rules. Lorerwise Dragonstone isn't known for growing anything in particular, it's entirely reliant on getting supplied.

Well in the books there are plenty of villagers

>le magic makes it barren!!! XDDD