Why don't millennials watch TV or support the film industry anymore? Hollywood is literally on life support now

Why don't millennials watch TV or support the film industry anymore? Hollywood is literally on life support now.

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/hollywood-has-a-huge-millennial-problem/486209/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HoSGPQ80Vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>even retarded millenials know better than to pay for movie tickets to watch capeshit #73
Future's bright

I'm gen x and I got screwed over by the conversion from vhs to dvd. Suddenly my movie collection, player, and amp were outdated. Now I just pirate all my movies. Fuck disks and players and drm.
I also used to be able to watch movies in quiet little theaters. Now I have to go to megaplexes full of kids and ethnics and shitty movies.
It's far cheaper to put together a home cinema and steal movies, so that's what I do.

bad entertainment and better elsewhere

Pirating is not stealing.

I just watch old Hollywood movies online and if I like them a lot buy them on blu ray.

New Hollywood propaganda sucks. Last film I really liked was The Revenant.

>ridicule people that buy stuff as simpletons, retards that waste their money
>surprised when people start pirating stuff instead

Imagine being that delusional.

>on life support

they wouldn't be throwing out 30mil dollar paychecks to actors if they were on life support.

they just keep complaining about it forever because that's the image they're looking for. you're either the poor victim of piracy that needs to be supported or you're the greedy villain that steals money from the customer.

At the end of the article the writer admits it's just clickbait and that Hollywood sells more tickets in America/Canada alone than all the big 4 sports leagues.

soe is cute

didn't even open that shit. "10(5) reasons why...", "this is why....", " ......has a [...] problem" are all clickbait titles. I sometimes wonder if there's some shitty AI that dishes out those articles but I doubt a machine could produce something so disgusting.

Millenials have Shitflix and piratebay, if they're desperate for mediocre shit for now.Unless you're some backwater hick in China, you demand more than capeshit or reboots of old hack shit to be entertained.

Hollywood is actually making a shitload of money by producing pure concentrated garbage with not a single original idea. But just like Jerry Seinfeld pointed out in his joke, the jews that run Hollywood won't tell you that business is doing extremely good, they tell you it's doing bad so they can cry about having to pay too much taxes and justifying closing torrent sites to make a few more bucks on top of a mountain of billions.

Reminder that if you don't remember 9/11, you're not a millennial

To 18-20 year olds who call yourself Millennials, die.

Where did Seinfeld say, or imply that? I would really like to hear that.

In my country movie theaters are practically a monopoly and ticket prices have doubled in the past ten years while purchasing power certainly hasn't.

99% of the stuff I pirate I wouldn't have ever bought anyway soooo no?

That isn't what the joke meant.

youtube.com/watch?v=7HoSGPQ80Vc

1. That article is over a year old.
2. Hollywood is not going anywhere. Every other movie you hear how something has broken box office records. It's all media bullshit to get suckers (like OP) to think there is a problem when there clearly isn't.

Hollywood isn't geographically going anywhere, but its revenue it coming from places like China, mostly.

nice bait

Because in the current year why the fuck should you pay for exclusive tv shows? I just pirate all my shit desu
T.millenial

hahaha, millenials! You can't own homes or live the life of comfort of your elders, you suckers!!!!

Piracy is for little kids and losers.

If Sup Forums taught me one thing is that shitposting about movies is most cases more entertaining than actually watching them.
They can't win the war against the internet, they should accept their business model is obsolete.

Then what did he mean??

Wonder Woman:
Domestic: $395,443,706
China: $90,078,029
Stop blaming China for stupid burgers feeding that beast.

Soe?

If I'm baking bread and giving it away for free am I stealing income from bread-jew?

Oy vey, pumping out propaganda actually costs money!

*was

sheever > soe

>2017
>paying $10+ for linear entertainment

based millenials i would say

>current year
>paying money for anything that can be accessed for free on the internet

Did you ever stop and think, that maybe spending hundreds/thousands on a movie collection like ((they)) want you to, maybe wasn't such a good idea after all? I never understood families of the neighbor's kids, whose houses I walked into, and see hundreds of VHS tapes etc. You do realize that you're only supposed to buy movies that you really like, and plan on re-watching? You weren't supposed to build your own Blockbuster at home.

to anyone who hasn't heard it, the joke is pretty much
>two non-jew business men meet on the sidewalk, one says "How's business going?" and the other replies "Great!"
Then Seinfeld asks how you can tell they aren't jews (the joke is that a jew would always act like business is awful)

is seinfeld ourguy?

>if I pirate hard enough I'll become rich
so this is the power of piracy

You said it, comrade!!! Damn Commies and their piracy! Paying Jews = Freedom.

the internet provides whatever you want and even when you are just watching crap its more useful in my opinion
i have not used it for some 5 years

Who said anything about paying? Shoplift like an adult, manchild.

this is a trap, right? looks like a trap...

>implying that's sheever
>implying anyone can beat pre-tattoo soe

If movies were any good any more I'd feel my money was well spent at the theater.

But Hollywood hasn't given me anything that hasn't felt cheap and shitty or overly pretentious and boring since Mad Max Fury Road.

>why don't you pay for 10th spider man, 20th king kong, 30th resident evil, 40th fast&furious etc

fuck you hollywood

SHIT HOW DO I AFFORD MY FOURTH YACHT NOW?!

>Why don't millennials
>t. millennial

>Don't spend money and maybe you'll move up in the world you irresponsible loser
>Why aren't you spending money? The economy is shrinking because of you greedy cheap asses
Modern capitalism in a nutshell.

This is why Hollywood is gonna go after China and emerging Asian markets. They'll see any old shit because they have no taste.

This. the film industry is a luxury and because capitalism is running out of steam, less peasants have a budget for luxuries.

media is changing too as more and more are sick of advertisements and propaganda like marxist feminism from jewish media like reuters and hollwood and instead prefer to produce and consume their own, which is why we are on Sup Forums.

The TV industry has no one to blame but themselves as they've splintered into at least a dozen paid streaming services and no one is going to pay for all that shit just to watch the shows they like when they can pirate them for free. The movie industry, likewise, is also to blame because no one wants to go to an overpriced theatre full of people that should be gassed to watch some braindead remake of a movie that used to be good 20 years ago when they can just stay at home and watch whatever the hell they want for free.

>get a vpn
>unlimited entertainment options
>inb4 paranoid

I like having a vpn, fuck off /g

how is reuters jewish?

It just is. it is owned by jewish interests. I thought that was accepted on Sup Forums

Its the same as oil prices
Some scientists working 4 Shell etc say the ceiling has been hit so prices sky rocket even though they are sitting on enough to last a 100 years

Using your logic I guess it's okay to counterfeit currency?

streaming and torrenting video is fast and cheap and convenient, much more so than any other way to get your fix
here's a comparison that'll hopefully make it make sense: when Vanilla Ice made "Ice Ice Baby" and used a slightly modified backing beat taken from Queen's "Under Pressure", and sold it as a new song with no credit given, was that stealing?

yeah but if you couldn't pirate stuff, would you still have not bought it?

>hating on Netflix

Probably because they like their homes and their televisions more than theaters.

>you're only supposed to buy movies that you really like, and plan on re-watching?

recording films that were shown on TV to VHS was a big thing in the '80s and '90s, and people rewatched movies a hell of a lot more back then given that they couldn't just go and download a new one in half an hour.

I like how vpns got popularized just as the MPAA gave up trying to fight piracy with currently existing laws.

>Stop making good movies and television
>People stop watching them

whoa bro

I thought the majority of movie income hasn't been from theaters since at least the 90s

kys idiot

Get a real job, pal

>I thought the majority of movie income hasn't been from theaters since at least the 90s

Where the hell do you think it comes from ? DVD sales ?

I would really like it it if hollywood made made more movies and spent less money on them. Obviously they don't know what anyone likes but they still insist on sinking loads of money into these big hitters. Since this big hitters need to make big profit they have to play it safe to grab as many people as possible.

It would be nice if a movie wasn't such a big deal. If it was something that could play around and take risks. Whether it succeeded or flopped there would always be a bunch more.

I don't think people realise it but they can live with less then a thousand digital effects and three big stars a pop. They can would be happy with one big star and two sense with any kind of cool effect.
And if they don't think they can the previews can always lie to them.

But cheap movie once a week for a cheap ticket sounds great. If going to a movie can be something like going out to eat with a few friends millennials would be all over that. It needs to be accessible.

The films are bad and the tickets are too expensive.

>Boy, I can't wait to see [prequel/sequel/threequel/remake/reboot]!
>Oh, ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot? Yay!
>ANOTHER Star Wars that is repackaging the OT? YAY!

>check the site of the cinema theater from my shit town
>Cars 3
>Spider-man
>Despicable Me 3
>Transformers
Here is the "millennial problem".
P.S.: They aren't the problem.

Blow money on gizmos and fastfood instead.

Greedy jews killed it, not millennials.
Nobody wants to spend time on garbage filled with propaganda and infinite amounts of ad's anymore, especially when you have alternatives.

You'd hell be sure I'd watch a 90-minute Coca Cola advert.

Radio used to be the main source of entertainment.

I would never have bought that Ferrari if I didn't steal it. So it's not stealing really mirite?

You didn't produce the movie or game you are pirating though, dumbass. False equivalency.

If all these neckbeards created something pirateable and hoards of nerds started pirating it, you know they'd be pissed.
They lack the ability of empathy

>They aren't watching our products anymore.
>I know what to do, lets listen to that sjw crowd, they are very vocal and passionate crowd, I'm sure they will be a safe audience.
>Lets bring back the old classics, then. That works everytime.
>¡what do you mean they didn't like the back to the future remake with a female black doctor and a gay marty mcfly, its YEAR.!
>¡What do you mean the sjw didn't watched neither because there are not enough non binary disabled trans muslims characters.
>This is clearly Drumpf's fault

>he thinks anyone is bragging about being a millenial
Lmao

I thought VHS made them more money than theater proceeds, and DVDs did briefly
I mean theaters have been in decline since before you could reasonably download movies

>I would never have bought that Ferrari if I didn't steal it. So it's not stealing really mirite?

You are not stealing anything when you are watching pirated content, nothing is removed from someones possession.

And of course the average person would not be able to afford buying everything they can and do make copies of for free. Of course it's not as if the money people don't spend on things they can copy just disappear, instead they use it for physical goods and services they can't copy, which in turn are likely to stimulate the job economy ten times more than putting it in the pockets of greedy jews who charge you crazy prices for the priviledge of streaming 1 1/2 hour of video.

Piracy is the perfect equalizer against the media cartels, give me decent pricing and great convenience and I will pay, closest thing today is Netflix.

If it allllllllllllllllllllll wasn't pandering bullshit then I'd toss 'em a few more bucks.
>these things aren't for US anymore, brothers and sisters.

Why? Because they know it's all shit. Because they have better things to do than go see some bad film for money that could be spent on a cup of Ben & Jerry's; probably better things than most people on this board. Because on some subliminal level, they know it's objectively more worthwhile to pirate everything instead of wait for a specific date or subscribe to a network that might not have anything they want more. And because has been true for decades now, when literal children have been having the Batman vs Superman debates before this board came to be.

Congratulations, Sup Forums! Despite what you like to think, deep down everyone really is as jaded and cynical about the media as you!

why would i spend money to watch capeshit #1415253, bastardized remake#4325241, propaganda movie #3124311 or some garbage original movie that's not worth the storage that's wasted on it?
i only go to the cinema once or maybe twice a year, sometimes not even that

The problem, as I see it, is that every producer and executive wants that get-rich-quick formula that can guarantee a box office smash for minimal creativity.

Remember when a whole bunch of capeshit after The Dark Knight were dark and brooding? Remember how nowadays, everyone's trying to make a cinematic universe with varying amounts of quips in it? Also consider the Ghostbusters reboot was lambasted by normies, whereas Hollywood's little echo chamber of a bubble keeps making out the whole SJW thing to be more of a big deal than it actually is. Ironically they're just like us: A bunch of bitter, histrionic whiners with very specific opinions, the only difference being they're better at pretending theirs matter to the rest of the world.

is right. The problem isn't millennials, Hollywood is just reaping what it sows.

i can either choose to play a video game that i can enjoy for hours on end or i can waste money on a ~2 hour movie that i'll probably completely forget about after a week or two

I never thought I'd see the day where someone was telling people they weren't old enough to be Millenials. I feel old and also you are a huge faggot.

I mean when you think about it Sup Forums is just as obsessed with privilege and >muh social authority as tumblr, reddit etc. It's just that it defaults to thinking precedence matters instead of oppression or upvotes or whatever.

god damn it, she used to be so cute

she was top tier cute before the hair cute some years ago

no idea how she looks these days tho

for the most part I'd say they don't care either way, they'd just rather watch YouTube and stream Game of Thrones, be it from HBO's thing or Netflix or some shady site that's probably still hosting Bonzi Buddy

>Netflix = 12 dollars, endless entertainment
>One movie = Like fifteen dollars per, 2 hours of entertainment
The prices for the entertainment industry don't line up at all anymore. Don't even get me started on paying 25 dollars for a bluray that I could rent from redbox for like a dollar

>You do realize that you're only supposed
Stop it there, Reddit.

1.) There weren't alternatives like streaming services, so buying VHS was not weird or against any "rules"

2.) If you were smart you rented and used a little bit of electric tape

3.) they weren't 40 dollars a fucking pop

4.) suck this dick, little faggot

>millennials are killing x industry
>raise minimum wage so you can afford to buy things? are you crazy?

Why aren't millenials buying my new book, "Why Aren't Millenials Buying My New Book?"