Does this movie contain the best unsuspecting jump scares of all time?

Does this movie contain the best unsuspecting jump scares of all time?
>Check the roof top scene and fields scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4RGtC2S22Z0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

absolutely, m night shamalamadingdong does it again

youtube.com/watch?v=4RGtC2S22Z0

I remember this scared the shit out of me.

Only a very talented director can do such a solid film as Signs.

What the fuck happened to Shamalayan?

Threadly reminder that the "aliens" in the film are actually demons.

There is where I first learned that Brazilians are a bunch of screaming monkeys

No, but it is one of the best unintentional comedies ever made.

M. Night gets a worse rap than he deserves. His movies were all great up until Lady in the Water, but even that was pretty well directed and acted. After that he really did nosedive though, The Happening, The Last Airbender, and After Earth. It's a testament to his skill that he's actually starting to comeback from a shit streak like that.

I thought The Happening was okay

I think his biggest problem is the writing. He knows how to set up a tense scene visually, but he fucks up in the concepts so what was supposed to be tension actually becomes unintentional comedy.

this is a fine, on-topic thread and there is nothing wrong with it :^)

you should totally delete it then

no

Agreed. He has been returning to form. I wish they continued the Shyamalan Chronicles. Devil was good (written, not directed by..)

I always wonder how can the same ppl that did such films like LOTR, Alien and The Matrix fall so low.

One possible answer is that it's not just one person being responsible for the film as many think but rather everyone involved does their job flawlessly.

Post the actual jump scares, no spoiling the image.

>its demons

>Unsuspecting jumpscare = jumpscare with no build-up = shitty jumpscare

Yes.

They're not cheap, they're perfectly builded up and have amazing payoff.

Which cannot be said about the ending, but up until that momment, Signs is amazing.

Not true at all

I guess this caught everyone off guard. Everyone expected another vague, blurry sighting, they expected the movie not to reveal the aliens until some big moment, and there you are, with a crystal clear shot of it completely unexpectedly.

Some of the best tension ever created desu.