Chef

Okay, this movie was great. One of the few times a film has actually felt "comfy" to me, I think because it's one of the few films that truly has no conflict.

But I don't understand why this scene bothers Sup Forums so much.
youtube.com/watch?v=gbdUGdxX7ww

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ufj6CeqOTJo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zmj5BV16Toc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=PeUurFkhqx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked the bit where he autistically screeched 'molten'

j0on faverou is a fat piece of shit lgbtq+ faggot with no taste and terrible direction

he's litterally the mod of r/movies of television and film

Because /ck/ told us it should and we want to impress them

That was its flaw though. There is no conflict. His song kinda doesn't like him. But he's divorced but banging ScarJo, his latina ex-wife comes crawling back to him. He writes one fucking tweet and has hundreds of customers the next day.

Fuck you. It wouldn't even piss me off unless you realize Jon Favreau wrote, directed, produced, and starred in a film where he is perfect.

It's because it's a fucking grilled cheese.

This movie sucks, too.

but HAVE YOU SEEN CHEF?????

fuck this film. he didn't cook the grilled cheese like a real chef would've.

Is that Igor or Grichka?

>His song [sic] kinda doesn't like him.
What, his son loves him. He just wants to spend more time together. Which they do.

>Fuck you. It wouldn't even piss me off unless you realize Jon Favreau wrote, directed, produced, and starred in a film where he is perfect.

That's what makes it great though. This guy is so rich and famous that he was literally able to make a film in which he jerks himself off for two hours. Living the fucking dream.

"I'm a fucking meme."

What did he meme by this?

Is it just me or did the food critic look EXACTLY like Jim Sterling?

The entire first half of the movie is about Favreau's experience making Marvel movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ufj6CeqOTJo

Has he said anything about this?

It's weird, he basically launched the MCU himself by doing an actually amazing superhero movie, then he did one sequel and I think that was literally the end of it.

Jon easy one the cheese.

>kid bites into the sandwich
>it sounds like he just bit into a piece of celery
Anyone else find this weird? It's a fucking grilled cheese.

did sombody say cheffff?
youtube.com/watch?v=Zmj5BV16Toc&feature=youtu.be

Didn't even watch the video. Why do people think these retards are funny?

you said it yourself cause they are retards

Fuck you for not replying to me, I'm replying to myself to make up for it.

>That scene where he wakes up his sous-chef that's sleeping in a shitty car
>that symbolizes Favreau vouching for RDJ early on with Iron Man 1, because Marvel was against that because of his drug past and he ended up getting paid less than Terence Howard
>Favreau even goes to a movie theater with his son to watch Iron Man 2 (you can hear that laser blast sound effect) with the most bored expression possible.

He has acknowledged Chef being about this in a interview but of course he can't outright say or confirm that. Even though that's what a lot of it was about because he still has ties with Disney and wants to keep that.

Iron Man 2 had a super rough production though, Favreau wanted to use Demon In a Bottle storyline and kept getting push back from the suits. Even Mickey Rourke spoke out about that.

“[W]hen I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought… You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau, that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors [to the charater], not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.”

“[It’s] ****ing too bad, but it’s their loss. If they want to make mindless comic book movies, then I don’t want to be a part of that. I don’t want to have to care so much and work so hard, and then fight them for intelligent reasoning, and just because they’re calling the shots they… You know, I didn’t work for three months on the accent and all the adjustments and go to Russia just so I could end up on the floor. Because that can make somebody say at the end of the day, oh **** ‘em, I’m just going to mail it in. But I’m not that kind of guy. I’m never going to mail it in.”

“If they let you play the bad guy with other dimensions other than one-dimensional. You have to fight for that though, to bring layers to the character. Otherwise, if you’re working for the wrong studio or let’s say a director that doesn’t have any balls, then they’re just gonna want it to be the evil bad guy. […] So, if you’re working with some good studio guys that got brains and you’re working with a director with a set of nuts that’ll let you incorporate that then it’s fun. Otherwise, you end up with what happened on ‘Iron Man.'”

i refuse to reply to you cause youre mom gay

>john memevreau
>good
is everyone just pretending to like this movie?

Second reply for myself, yum yum.

That sucks. I keep hearing about these early MCU movies and how people had a vision for them but the execs just wouldn't let them happen. I mean, apparently it worked out in the end because the MCU is hugely successful but it sucks that these people tried to make better movies and just got knocked down.

Weird thing is, the recent Marvel movies actually HAVE started to have some depth. So I dunno why they didn't just do it in the first place. Wonder if I can find any of this stuff in the deleted scenes.

You can.

youtube.com/watch?v=PeUurFkhqx8

Nice. Thanks for the link.

It could have made for a great movie, but Marvel doesn't want to Iron Man to be drunk because it set a bad example for kids or some shit.

It's like in that scene from Chef posted above, either you cook what's on the menu and serve them the same shit because that's what people have been coming to Marvel's restaurant for years or you can fuck off and be a creative in your own time.

Just look at how many directors dropped out of Black Panther before one finally stuck, some even spoke out about the Disney/Marvel's process. Look at what happened on Ant-Man.

James Gunn lucked out with Guardians of the Galaxy because it seemed like a low stakes thing at the time and he had minimal interference (aside from having to work in Thanos.)

you sound like an edgy 15 year old
All of those movies are propaganda. Eat it up, bitch boy.

Which is funny because they were happy to show Hulk almost having sex in his solo movie. Apparently that's A-OK for kids.

The GotG thing is sad too. They give someone freedom for once and it turns out people love it and it's a huge success. So what do they learn from that? Nothing, they meddle.

What the Ang Lee one or Norton? If the former then that's because it was made by Universal Pictures (they own the movie rights to The Hulk) pre-dates the Disney buying Marvel and for the Norton one that was the first real MCU "tie-in" before it actually became a thing.

was it autism

Sir you forgot your complimentary hat.

ON WEED!?!?!?!?!?!???????

Actually it was in the Norton one. So yeah, even more surprising. And the only reason he stopped is because it would have increased his heart rate which, of course, would have been catastrophic for Liv Tyler.

>Guardians of the Galaxy

While it may be based on a comic, it's not a comic that anyone other than tier-1 ultra nerds are familiar with, compared to the usual batman/superman/spiderman comics.

GotG comes off more as a space action / adventure fantasy, rather than a comic book movie, which is why it's actually pretty entertaining.

I have to say GotG has been a welcome breath of fresh air after Star Wars going to shit in the way it has. Means there's one sci-fi space film I can actually look forward to.

That's exactly what I like about it as well, it's in its own universe and is allowed to be its own thing while technically still tied to the whole MCU bullshit and isn't weighed down by it yet
That too.

CHEF