LotR

Why did Peter Jackson cut out the Barrow downs story line in the movies? The sword marry gets from there and stabs into Witch King's leg in RotK is the reason the witch king is able to be killed. This is removed in the movies and marry uses a generic sword. Why did PJ do this?

its not a generic sword ... its given to merry in lothlorien by galadriel

It's not a generic sword, it's the sword Galadriel gives to him, known to be magic.

I DON'T KNOW

coudl have had a throwaway line in the first movie with aragorn passing them out when they make camp at weathertop, since he knows who they're up against, brought weapons specifically to help defend them.

BUT NO

I don't recall a gift scene in theatrical version.

Well, he also didn't convey the point that "he's not going to be killed a man" doesn't mean "women have the magical power to kill him", it's just a prophecy.

the reason is that hobbits are literally nazgul kryptonite (as explained in the silmarillbilion)

>theatrical version
Does anyone care?

don't be mean in comfy lotr threads, that's just not crciket

Barrows means introducing Tom Bombadil which is pure fanservice to book readers. 95% of moviefags wouldnt have a fucking clue what the hell that weird ass guy was meant to be or what he contributed to the story.

this. Including every little detail would make the movies literally 40 hours long and probably just confuse the average viewer

because who gives a fuck, that's why

if you think a magical thousand year old sword that was specifically made to kill nazgul is any better than "i am no man" you are just a raging tolkien autist, because they are both extremely stupid

>Including every little detail would make the movies literally 40 hours long
that sounds great to me

to me too, but it is not realistic, sadly. After all the movies were also made to be big blockbusters and had to sell loads of tickets and they wouldn't have done so if they ended up confusing everyone without an in-depth knowledge of the universe.

Because Peter Jackson is a fucking bigger hack than George Lucas and has no idea what he's doing. The two fat bitches he had """helping""" him were even worse. LotR is one of the biggest happy accidents that ever happened in film history and it was all in spite of PJ.

>caring about logic is the same as being autistic and forced feminist bullshit is the same thing.
Who dropped you on your head?

To be fair Eowyn says something similar to "I am no man" in the book

>theatrical version

>Why did Peter Jackson turn a beloved book into a CGI-driven Hollywood milch cow

Was this your first time at the movies?

Looks like meat is back on the menu boys.

He left a lot out for time purposes.
Maybe in a fer decades they'll remake them as a show and have everything the book has it.

Muh knights of Dol Amroth