>no we're on dunkirk sir, we're standing on it
>we're not in england?
>no sir
>jesus christ

>I can't see bollocks

why didnt they just swim there?

lazy limey fucks.

the oscar

Surely they had a field headquarters in real life instead of standing on the pier all day

The big guy

>commander bananas make london whole again.

One guy tried in the movie and went successfully over to dover, when he arrived he "heil hitler'd" them from the opposite site which killed all brits morally sitting on their balls at dunkirk

>When that fucking mong said "I'll be useful sir"
I knew he was set for failure yet I was not dissapointed by how pathetic his death was

Don't bully George

TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TICTIC TICTIC TICTIC TIC TIC TIC

>You will never fly a Ju-87.

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
he

Warthunder is free

>WHERE'S THE BLOODY DUNKIRK?

The fire.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FUCKING SPITFIRES GET OUTTA MY AIRSPACE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he "heil hitler'd" them from the opposite site which killed all brits morally sitting on their balls at dunkirk

He was swinging the nazi salute until everyone realized they were fucked you nigger

what happened to the frenchie in the end?

I stopped being able to recognise who's who like halfway through the film

He was pulled out of the dangerous oil leak and held onto the fishing boat afaik and was from there on forgotten

I'm south American and I thought it was weird all the actors were brunettes with dark complexion, all the british tourists I see are much lighter skinned and haired people on average, pretty weird they all looked the same

Now in English please.

That was not the frenchie, the frenchie drowned trying to leave the boat.

Who cares if it's Nolan's best movie, who even thinks like this. Doesn't that distract you from the entire point of this film, to want to place it on a sliding scale?

yeah that's what I thought, wasn't sure if it was him though because it was, well, underwater

That was the main boy

The frenchie always took precautions. He never went into the belly of a ship. Was he really not able to survive the battle of dunkirk?

Fuck I had two underage chicks eyeballing me the whole time, interrupting my experience.

So frenchie died?

yeah it was him, you can see the english dude calling him Gibson before climbing up the stairs, plus we never see him afterwards, only the english dude adn harry styles

that scene was weird. in one minute the movie went from "holy fuck he's french, what are they going to do about him" to "welp, he's dead"

He's on me!

what a waste

This meme going to be so gay please stop it before its too late.

You saying we should ditch?

>tfw you ask your partner "was crashing this plane part of your plan?" and you think he's waving to you meaning "yes" but actually he's not waving, he's trying to get out because the water rises brother
that was a good plot twist tbqh

Why the fuck does Tom Hardy do the Bane voice in every role after TDKR?

memes

I'm on him

lost

>TELL ME ABOUT PILOT
>WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

was a metaphor for how the english decided to fuck france after tricking them into a fight htey couldnt win

The definitely re used the same shot of the bf109 getting hit in the engine and smoking 3 fucking times during the movie

Really?

So I've only seen Dunkirk quite recently, and I went to read some old threads about it that I missed, and everybody is circlejerking about the "mind-blowing" non-linear narrative and whatnot.

I mean, I understand that there were three timelines and they didn't match exactly which made it confusing at times (BRAVO NOLAN), but wtf did people find so amazing about this?

The unrelenting tension. The psychological fear and horror from the bombing/drowning scenes. The amazing sound design. The dogfights. The Stuka sirens. The perfect framing and composition. All the big set pieces. The claustrophobic boat sequences. No usual Nolan flaws like constant exposition and poor close quarter choreography. Rylance's performance. Big guy in a mask in a plane.
In short, kino.

and tha jammie scenes maayn

I went on a reddit thread about it and people were literally saying "I didn't get it until the third viewing" and shit like that.

so yes, I think for these people the narrative is mindblowing.

I think they handled the tone pretty well with the music, sound design and "plot progression": shit just kept getting worse and worse, you can't catch a break.

Then it started to get a little boring after I realized the entire movie was basically Titanic featuring planes. The amount of boat-sinking and dog fights that were supposed to be "high tension" where only two characters end up dying (one from a fall) was just silly.

It kinda forced viewers to pay some attention like only 4 out of 10 minutes could be spend looking at your phone without getting slightly confused, this is baffling for american audiences.

the flight plan

you don't get to bring frenchmen

for the first half of this movie I thought the lone survivor the old British dude rescued on the capsized ship was the first character, and the timeline was just fucked up

no. The scale and judging it compared to all his other works are afterthoughts. I'm not autistic like you

Why did the boy tell the PSTD guy that the kid was gonna be okay?

I initially thought he was supposed to be german because he didn't speak

Who else put the mandatory sandbags in front of their seats when the stukas came down?

Stoicism. He sucked the anger up and told him that the boy is alright so the shellshocked PTSD soldier doesn't off himself right there, he spares him the weight off another soul.

don't worry, no flag for them

I jumped on the ground from my seat and covered my head every time I heard the Stuka siren. I have cinema PTSD now, thank Nolan.

>not running to the silverscreen antiair fighting against the air thread

*upvoted*

my cock
*starts jacking off*

you forgot your tripcodes you fucking scum

let me try again

>Who else put the mandatory sandbags in front of their seats when the stukas came down?

>American education

Nothing. Nobody here is trying to confront you with anything. Believe me I went through this. Stop the stimulants mate. If you don't believe me than ask me for anything.

The Nazis were truly the Beta uprising.

>FRENCH AND BRITISH NORMIES GET OFF MY MAINLAND REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What parts of the moviea actually impressed you?

I liked the shots of the capsizing ship that were attached to the ship, making the sea look like an impending wall. It was a cool effect.

>He says this while comparing real life incidents to frog memes.

The very first Stuka beach divebombing. That shot of him lying down and the bomb explosions getting closer and closer with the other brits flying left and right.
A true experience.

Maybe it was just because I saw it in IMAX, but I appreciated that the planes were actually just shy of unbearably loud. Having been to airshows where they did low passes (the Blue Angels in particular seem to strive to make their audience piss themselves, the cunts), it added a level of authenticity to the experience and made me connect with the soldiers on the beach more.

Just marathoned the first 30 minutes, when does this movie get good?

If Nolan made an entire film of just Stukas divebombing shit I'd easily pay to go see it in IMAX

About 31 mins in

>tfw no Rudel biopic from Nolan

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulrich_Rudel