What did they mean by this?

What did they mean by this?

they are different places

KID my shed is bigger than highgarden

big cuckshed

>:(

Name a comfier seat than Bear Island

Highgarden is the seat of the reach and is better for defense

only reason house tyrell got BTFO was because their vassals abandoned them and there was no real commander to lead their army

also they didnt expect the lannister army

10/10 would feast

i kinda gave up on paying any attention to the show with how bad it has gotten, why exactly did the tyrell's get destroyed so hard? highgarden is the SEAT of the their power, i know it was a "surprise" attack but could nobody really notice the incoming army miles off and muster any troops?

for the most economically powerful and well fed kingdom as of right now, they got assblasted by literally maybe 800 lannisters? 900? they didn't even have any cavalry that i could see, or at least not enough to make a difference - no siege weaponry, nothing, it's like they just strolled dozens of miles to highgarden in a single afternoon and just took the castle with no fight

SHIT SHOW

>they got assblasted by literally maybe 800 lannisters? 900?

It was estimated to be somewhere around 4000 to 5000 troops on screen.

They spent all of this season's budget on the dragonb owl so they couldn't bother depicting the Lannister army as it should have been shown. As indicated by

Casterly Rock was worse. It didn't even match how it is depicted earlier in the show. I just want the fucking thing to end soon so they can't fuck it up any further:

>1 is shitty rule of cool pseudoroman meme shit
>the other is realistic

>>House Tyrell
>>Wealthiest House
>>Probably the most pissed off house after the destruction of the Sept by Cercei
>>Army 404's

>>House Lannister
>>Broke
>>Been fighting a nigh continuous war in the Riverlands for several years now
>>Somehow conjures up a massive, well-equiped, freshly rested army and ninja's up on the castle with almost no resistance

god damn it really didn't look like much to me, makes more sense now but there is still the issue of siege engines and troop variety, wish they covered the battle at least with a quick montage or SOMETHING other than just "lol heres an army... aaannd they won xD"

>depicted earlier

What crack are you smoking. We've literally never seen the rock until last nights episode.

The Lannisters had the Tyrell bannermen on their side. Pay attention you cuck

That just makes it even more retarded

I don't even try to bring logic into this anymore, that ship has sailed after last season. Cersei should be like one of those pretend roman emperors that had nothing but the city forces on their side, but since D & D love their cartoon villains they had to make her OP.

How so?

There's no consistency with the size of the army. We're being told the Lannisters have ~10k men now, yet had six times that number at the outset of TWotFK? Are we honestly supposed to believe the Lannisters have lost 50k men as casualties or due to attrition? That's an atrociously managed army if it is the case.

THEY KNOW THE LAND BETTER THAN THE OWNERS OF THE LAND EVER WILL
DABID

Bets on which dragon will bite the dust first

That happened forever ago nigger
Sam's da and Jaime had a nice little chat
Then he cucked her
The Tyrells were also amazingly bad at actual battle, as indicated by Olenna and Jaime's dialogue
Lrn2payattn

>implyig DandD give a single flying fucking about medieval warfare, or realpolitik, or interesting characters, or compelling story lines, or anything that made the initial seasons good instead of doing anything to please the hordes of middle class urban 20 something basic bitch normie fans with cheap "YOU GO GIRL!" moments

It's just a model.

>destroy centre of religion and head of religion for most of your land
>sudden influx of recruits

>Fight for the targaryns even though the king was mad and they were losing
>Tarly is loyal to the end
>Suddenly decides to join the lannisters

makes perfect sense

The Stormlands had 100k plus that have all vanished.

By comparison during Earths medieval era, a losing side would lose 2-10% of its army.

There's no such thing as good military strategy in movies. Had it been real life there'd have been spies in the military who'd have known about it and sentries miles out who'd be able to send up smoke signals or whatnot.

They basically left the door open and bent over barrels.

For a big name house that is warden of the north, the Stark family lives in a tiny castle.

Randyll doesn't want to side with the people who brings raping Dothrakis to his shores. What of it? Everyone has their limits

So the rehashed northern plot where loyal men join the other side because of some wild men. Bravo

But destroying Westeros' Vatican is fine lol

Lots of cgi Coming up goy undead giants and bears aren't cheap.

Looks like Skyrim

Northerners are literally shit farmer tier

It isn't public knowledge that the Lannisters were responsible for that.

It was a tragic accident

>mfw the impoverished seat of a relatively minor northern house looks better than the seat of the richest paramount house in the land

Apparently morals work a little weirdly in the Reach than in the North. Your sworn lord, his daughter (the Queen) and his beloved son can get blown up by the queen mum in a violent mix of terrorism and sacrilege, and you can just shrug that shit off, especially when that queen mum is staring down a dothraki horde, an army of the most famous cockless killing machines and THREE FUCKING DRAGONS.

But oh well. Lannisters seem cool.

>her excuse for losing was literally "we didn't know how to fight"

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

I figured its sort of like the Karstark situation with Robb.
Im assuming theres really only 2 or three lordships in the reach worth a damn, Tyrells and Tarlys. The Tarlys had Randall, the only competent military commander in all of the reach apparently, so most of the other bannerman likely sided with him over Ollenna without much of a fuss leaving only a portion of the Tyrell army to contend with at least 3/4 of the Reach and the Lannister army.
Ollenna talks a lot of shit but she clearly was an incompetent ruler if she squandered her massive economic advantages she had over literally everyon eelse.

Viserion will be the only dragon to die

The vale,twins, whatever castle the blackfish was at, all look nice. The wall also has nicer castles that no one even lives in.

why didn't james just use the few minutes of painless life that old bag had left to torture her? if i was him, as soon as she mentioned that she killed my son i would have pulled my dagger and just cut up her eyes and face real bad

>commit countless atrocities
>murder anyone on a whim
>BLOW UP THE HOLIEST CATHEDRAL ON THE CONTINENT, KILLING THE QUEEN, A BUNCH OF NOBLES, COUNTLESS CLERGYMEN AND A POWERFUL RELIGIOUS LEADER WITH ALMOST THE ENTIRE CITY ON HIS SIDE
>all the people, nobles, and soldiers just go along with it and Cersei is the queen now lmao
>dude, lmao, just betray your liege lord for "the crown", Olenna is broken and rebelling for no reason
>dude
>nobody notices an army marching across the Reach lmao
>lmao the Tyrells are completely undone when some Lannisters walk up to Highgarden which is now a tiny, unremarkable fort that looks like it could garrison a few dozen guys at most
>dude lmao

Well most of her army joined with Tarly/Jamie.

Her personal troops hadnt ever fought before.

>Fortress in the bread basket of Westeros rolls over against an opponent with ZERO siege capabilities in about fifteen minutes
Also, how is it that no one at Casterley Rock ever remarked on the conspicuous manhole cover right in the middle of the hallway?

>"im still alive because i never listened to MEN"

>gets btfo by men

Your mom's asshole

Explain to me how the FUCK long-distance travel works in GoT.

It used to be that it took forever to travel from one kingdom to another, whether by foot or by ship or horse. But especially since the last season, they've gone full fucking retard. The epitome of what I'm talking about is stuff like how in the last episode, Jon Snow apparently magically transported instantly from the North to Dany's castle. And apparently he was able to do this so quickly that he arrived BEFORE Dany even heard word about her fleet getting BTFO by the Iron Fleet.

I get that they're trying to pick up the pace and finish things up, but goddamn this is rustling my autism. You can do this without dumbing it down to full-retard levels.

>The Stormlands had 100k plus that have all vanished.
that was Reach+Renlys Stormlanders

op btfo

kys faggot

>conspicuous manhole cover right in the middle of the hallway?
They were used to pouring shit down it, not expecting shit to pop up out of it

>We're being told the Lannisters have ~10k men now,
When?

remember when Castle - Shots used to look like this?

>remember when all the freys got mysteriously murdered last week?
>lol who?

series went to shit a while ago
they threw logistics out the window , you praised it back then, you are only now realizing hte pleb shit you were praising is actually shit

1-3 were during prime of series, 4-6 was shit

>Wow, they were all poisoned to death by a master assassin who is yet to be apprehended and has a grudge against the architects of the Red Wedding
>Oh well
>*drinks wine*

Remember when the show used to be good?
>sigh

it's been like this forever though (but i agree its gotten worse / more obvious over the seasons), the timeline has always been all over the place, especially with Littlefinger teleportng around Westeros. Before they used to have a couple of "traveling" plotlines, while certain other characters would move around super fast. It''s always been messy, right from season 1.

But yeah again it's way, way more obvious when you have entire armadas and what not appearing out of no where. I also remember the Sansa coming back to westeros and killing mr frey during like one episode felt really rushed.

Can't wait until she randomly shows up again to deus ex machina her next victim. Jesus Christ this show is complete shit, I wish I could just give up but I know that fat fuck is going to die before he finishes the books

>tfw don't even care about the show at this point but still watch it just so i can shitpost and browse Sup Forums without having to avoid spoilers

Yeah, that's what I mean. There's always been bits and pieces of it, but it's gotten exponentially worse since last season (the frey thing is another good example)

The pacing has just been dogshit all around. How many seasons did we have Dany wandering around doing fuck-all in Essos? How many seasons did we have Ramsey and Theon doing nothing? How many seasons of Jon Snow wandering around with Wildlings?

The biggest problem with GoT overall is that the only episodes that seem to matter are the opening of the season and then the climax during the last 1-2 episodes of the season. They space it out for "big" things to happen at these points, and then the rest of each season is just filler, more or less. I can't stand it, but I still keep watching this shit anyway.

Fuck, I should've stopped watched after season 2.

Exactly. It's the same way I felt with Dexter. Last good season was the fourth, but I kept watching all the way through just to shitpost on Sup Forums and because I had already invested time into it, and I kept hoping that each season would be an improvement, just for it to be even worse than the last one.

they should add some more factions to spice things up, its all getting a bit stale now

how about a huge army of summer islanders show up?

I actually gave up on Dexter halfway through the Lumen season, I guess I'm just Stockholm syndrome'd into game of thrones as much as I hate to admit it

It was a tragic accident.

You made the smart choice, because that was the time to bail. It only got worse and worse from there.

The issue is that each season would start off strong, so you'd think "oh wow, this seems to be setting up something good" and then a few episodes in you'd slowly start to realize it was even worse than the last time. Total "sonic cycle" syndrome.

Remember that entire season where arya sold seafood and what's his name was needlessly cryptic and then nothing at all came of it, but then it kind of did because arya later became a badass assassin after surviving getting stabbed in the gut and falling into a river but then got healed by soup?

2011-12

im telling you
the hound + arya is the best writing/ best acted characters

just ignore the rest, hound + arya will be god tier

Honestly this. I don't care about "muh Tarley alliances". House Tyrell is one of the most powerful houses in Westeros. They managed to stay out of most of the War of the five kings, kept their reputation and honor and is a well respected and overall strong house. Meanwhile the lannisters has been in constant fights, are broke, in dept, fought countlass wars, dragged their name through the mud and fucking blew up the sept with the heir of highgarden and beloved queen margery in there. Along with dozen other importan political figures.

i just do not believe that shit would pass, even with the commonfolk. House Tyrell would call theirs banners and they would answer without hesitating for one fucing second and King's landing would be under sieg "within a fortnight".

what made Robb's demise so great was that you could actually track the evidence when you rewatched episodes and see all the shit he did wrong, it should be the same for Cersei and the Lannisters by now.

They should have started the show in 2015. That way they'd probably have TWoW out in time for the show catching up to that point. This would improve the writing and dialogue, which the kikes running the show are woefully shit at.

They'd also be compelled to find an actress other than Emilia Clarke to play Dany. As bangable as she is, she's just really not that good an actor. Some other cast would change, but that doesn't bother me. None of the actors have been standouts with the exceptions of Davos, Sansa, Olenna, Tywin and Joffrey.

The last two seasons have been somewhat salvaged by having one or two belter episodes to make up for shit seasons, but it won't cut it this time.

The obsession with comic-bookish girl power bullshit seriously drains me now. You can have, and there have been, strong female characters without reducing them to the Sand Snakes level, or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode. We know GRRM has feminist tendencies, but he also seems to respect the fact that in a medieval-inspired setting there's a certain limit to how much power females can have.

I'll still keep watching though, as others have said there's absolutely no chance the fat fuck is gonna finish it before his arteries seal shut. Does he put fucking butter on every meal or something?

was going to post this

flip your brain to the off position bro

Honestly, just stop watching this trash.

You're forgetting how Arya managed to cross the narrow sea and somehow make it to the Tully's castle in 2 episodes.

Frey* whoops

I hope the white walkers kill everyone.

This.

End this garbage feminist fan fiction.

Perfect example. All that time going to Bravos, doing fuck-all, finally becoming an "assassin"

And all for what? Just to go teleport back to the Frey's castle (where she had already been right after the red wedding) and poison them by using a mask. Was there seriously no better fucking way of coming up with a way for Arya to kill the Freys without all that horseshit?

its pretty much a high budget soap opera by this point

>The obsession with comic-bookish girl power bullshit seriously drains me now. You can have, and there have been, strong female characters without reducing them to the Sand Snakes level, or having lame ass lines like the shit Olenna told Dany last episode.

This stuff started becoming painfully obvious starting with last season, where the writing with off the rails of GRRM's books and the (((writers))) were free to do their own nonsense.

ffs, last season might as well have been an extended Hillary Clinton Advertisement. "Isn't it time for a strong woman to lead?"

Which is why I say I should've stopped watching after season 2 (hindsight being 20/20 and all)

The thing about being a soap opera is that it only works if you care about the characters. Except the problem is they killed off all the good characters long ago, and we're just stuck with the leftovers. I'm in too deep, and while I don't give a fuck about any of the characters still around, here I am still just watching to see how it eventually ends.

>still just watching to see how it eventually ends
I'm holding out hope the knight king stabs the last dragon in the face, straps on some skates and the world just devolves into an undead beer league hockey tournament

That would be ideal, although I'll just take ANYTHING so long as it involves Dany getting BTFO out like the cuntish mary sue she is.

At this point, I'm not longer being fueled by a fondness for any characters. Rather, the only thing keeping me going is that I hate all these shitstains and want to see them die.

2bh i'd accept jon being the sadsack mumblecore king of everything

Dumb & Dumber are really asking too much these days.

>turn your brain off bro
>warp your brain off bro
>stop thought from fucking existing in your head bro

Jesus Christ there's only so much you can ignore. I don't know why the fuck I keep watching this shit anyway, probably because you just want to get it over with already.

The white walkers seem like a purifying force right now. There is nothing worthwhile in Westeros, just annoying cunts and petty revenge.

>I'm in too deep
Just pull out. I haven't watched for a few seasons, and it feels great.

Yet here you are

>Tarly's randomly betray the reach because jamie had a 2 minute conversation with one guy
>All the bannermen want to get in on some treason
>The lannisters also had red uniforms made for the reach bannermen in like a week
>Nobody in Highgarden noticed the mass desertions

Nothing about this entire plot makes sense other then to kill off a faction because normies find thinking about more then 3 factions to hard.

Also given the fact the lannisters had no men or money when this season started why didn't House Tyrell just march on Kings landing solo seeing as how they had the biggest army in westeros and all the money.

I can't even tell what their end game is. You watch things like the Dany scenes in Mereen, and you see how she's portrayed as a wonderful liberator facing an insurgency, even though it's actually painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that all she did was totally fuck that place up. But did the writers intend to make it look like Dany was actually a bad person who fucked everything up? Because they seem to write things for an audience with room temperature IQs, so I seriously question if it was there intent to make it look like this.

Some people think the writers are trying to subtly do this thing where they make her look superficially good, but actually a smarmy entitled cunt who can't rule worth a damn. But then you see what they say about her in their behind the scenes / analysis stuff, and I seriously think this is all 100% unintentional, and they actually meant for her to be totally and unironically a great person all-around.

Tyrell army should be around 5 to 10 times that, since they weren't exhausted by recent wars.

so.. the white walkers are their universe's version of Ebola-chan?

Maybe they'll go off on some cyclical history stuff where the white walkers destroy everything, then the children of the forest come back, and the the "first" men colonize the world again

Lannisters had legitimacy and to oppose them they'd need a new source of legitimacy. If they just went "fuck it" and took it by force that would kick off a whole new War of X King(s), where X is however many kings decide to throw their crown in the ring this time.

Ramsay used TWEINTY goodmen
Tyron used TEN goodmen
how many goodmen will Jon use to capture a wight?

Where the fuck is Dorne?

Is there nobody in Dorne, who wants to fight the Lannisters? Or Dorne really was that fountain and three tents in the desert?