Japanese mechanical pencils

I want talk about japanese mechanical pencils with you.

what is that?

this is "SMASH"

japanese mechanical pencil

how does it work?

you don't know mechanical pencil?

I want to murder every species of japan

mechanical pencils are hella gay

This, what Sleeping Dogs said.

>ティ。英語先生

What?

You heard what I said you JET faggot

I collect pencils. Show me what you got.

>ティ。クレアトゥラ

Is getting into JET really that easy buds

as easy as getting into your moms pussy

I happen to prefer Mechanical pencils over regular ones, I still carry a Zebra M-301 just in case I ever need a pencil while im out. (and a G-301 for when I need a pen)

What’s the size of mechanical pencil leads do you use?

Are they any different?

>Current year
>Outdated writing impliments

0.7, it's the most common here along with 0.5

I like to use 0.5 but I hear some people recommend 0.3. Is it commonly available in Japan? I mostly only see 0.5 in Korea?

Generally 0.7 and 0.5 are the most widely available in most places, IIRC japan has 0.40 and 0.30 seems to be pretty common form what i've gathered

What size is the leads?

My bad I actually use 0.5

I think maybe I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen 0.7 lead here. I got one of my students who collects mechanical pencils a 0.7 set from America and she says she only uses it for special occasions because she doesn't have anymore 0.7 lead besides what I gave her.

REMINDER: Japan has stolen all inventions from the west.

There is no such thing as "japanese mechanical pencils" and the Japs are lying to you.

Huh, here most stores sell 0.7 when it comes to cheaper plastic pencils and all other "nicer" ones are 0.5

All of them are 0.5mm leads

Most of Japanese use 0.5, 0.3, and 0.2(most common thing is 0.5). I use 0.3. Japan has KANJI(Japanese characters) which has many strokes. That's why most of Japanese uses not 0.7 but 0.5, 0.3, 0.2

What makes it japanese?design?

It was a cheap set, but it was unlike any mechanical pencils she had seen in Korea since it looked like a normal yellow pencil. She commented about it when she first saw me writing with it after I came to Korea. It was one of these papermate non refillable sharpwriter pencils.

japanese company made it.

It's funny. I can't say anything about this picture.

only color

neat
>0.2 mm
fuck i want me some of those

>japanese company made it.
jap company STOLE it

stealing =/= making

No need to sperg out, we're talking about japanese made pencils, not japanese inventions.

No-one's fault that nobody makes mech pencils like the japs

i had a japanese teacher in middle school that really hated mechanical pencils.

this picuture shows one person's stealing design. not japanese companies

Why do you think they are making such good pencils? Because America is blocking everyone else from the market. Do you think nobody in Mexico can make high quality stuff?

Try yourself and see you will get blocked from the market by Amerimutts or by filthy Russians even inside of your own country.

yes, some of japanese teachers hate it too/

Why is that?

This is a picture of suspicion of plagiarism by (Kenjiro Sano ) Japanese designers created by Japanese.

Why did you (German flag) find this picture?
Please tell me.

they think children can't lean correct writing, and correct writing pressure with mechanical pencils.

German ones are way better. I have used this model for 20 years.

this is realy cool mechanical pencil

It has been a while simce I used one. They're really good for sketching because you get silky smooth thin lines. Might get one soon

I've always had these pentels, they're good.

In my school you weren't allowed to use mechanical pencils until 5th grade or so. And you had to write cursive with all capitals, indentation lines and punctuation marks in red pencil.

That is strict.

This is the main mechanical pencil I use. It's German, despite the Japanese sounding name. It's made out of metal so it's nice and heavy. Lead size is 0.5. Cost 15000₩ or ~14 USD.

One thing I like is that I can unscrew the top to make the tip retract into the pencil, keeping the tip safe. This stops the lead from breaking off when I put it in a pencil case. It's also very easy to take apart and put back together quickly.

Probably the only thing I don't like is that the eraser is very tall but very soft. I tried to erase something the first week I got it and ripped the whole eraser off. Now I can't take off the eraser to put in more lead.

Wow, I forgot the image. Sorry.

>image upside down
Nothing goes right in the world.

Somewhat yes. I went to an elite school.

so, you are smart. cool

super cool mechanical pencil!!

Not really, I'm still kinda dumb. I'm very forgetful and lose focus easily. Pretty much all I have is thanks to my parents propping me from behind with their money/influence. Elite school, job connections, private university, etc etc.

Japanese stationery is really good stuff. I have a Kuru-Toga pencil, a few kinds of pens, and some Maruman notebooks with nice paper in them. The notebooks have perforations that actually work, so you can tear out the pages neatly. American notebooks sometimes have them, but 90% of the time, the paper just rips in whatever direction anyway.

only a silly jap would make a thread about mechanical pencils

why?

I prefer ordinary pencils over mechanical ones. But if I’m to name my most favourite mechanical pencils, these are the ones.

Kuru-Toga is the most popular pencil in japan. The most popular notebook is Campus notebooks. You should try it once!

I forgot the pic.

Real dumb gays can't thank their parents. You are small man. I respect you.

You meant smart man, right?

Wooooow I made a big mistake. yes, I meant smart man. not small man

You're like the first person to comment about this thread being strange.

I like mechanical pencils.

>writing with a pencil ever
Just cross shit out d00d.

They are pretty standard in Taiwan desu.

What about my rotring?

occidental pens > oriental pens

>pens
But we're not talking about pens.

Mechanical pencils then, the set has both

I want to talk about penis.

I love mechanical pencils OP.

My favorite is probably the Castell XF Spring Tip 0.5, it uses a traditional mechanism I believe, but it is by far the smoothest pencil I have ever used.

I recommend you also try the Zebra Delguard 0.3 and the Tombow Monograph. I really liked all three of those.

My favorite pencil brands are Tombow and Castell, and I have NEVER had a good experience with Ohto pencils, they are bullshit

rotring pencils are overpriced af
rotring has undeserved brand recognition, although I will admit their pencils feel very solid
it is better than the kuru toga or anything by Ohto though
if you want to buy a more premium mechanical pencil get the TWSBI

You don't seem very convincing.
Name one occidental mechanical pencil brand you like.
I will try it out when I have the chance.

also OP for the same price as the pentel smash you could get the kerry which is an infinitely better pencil

or this pencil

Faber-castell Grip 1345.
I never specifically preferred it but the pencil always somehow found me through all my life. Today, I know every mechanical detail of it. I can repair one within 30 seconds. I already know all the possible failure points of the pencil. For example, the most likely failure in long use: The place where the back and front sections screw together? The screwing part of the back section will crack eventually. I usually do a layer of superglue or ducktape to the front of the back section to strengthen it. The pencil is very repairable compared to other pencils I had.
One flaw of the pencil, it doesn't accept long leads because the eraser bit brakes the excess and that will create a mess and jam the system. You need the break the excess of a long lead beforehand. The integrated eraser is a bit of a gimmick frankly. I prefer it not being there at all so I could fit long leads. The eraser it comes with ends fast and after that, the part is useless because I never found any spares. Even if I did, the eraser that comes with it is meh and probably would've been less economical than a real, black Faber-castell eraser.

Oh hey I think I know someone with a mech pencil like that

I thought it has some additional functions that's the reason why I asked how it works, if it hasn't them than I would choose normal pencil

Post some sites with cool high quality Japanese gadgets OP?

it's not a strange thread, it's just free of memery which i'm not used to
the actual japanese posters tend to not to shitpost as hard as most countries from what i've noticed

I like to pretend mechanical pencils were syringes and "inject" myself with them.

I thought it has some additional functions that's the reason why I asked how it works, if it hasn't them than I would choose normal pencil

step aside best pencil coming through

I see. This mechanical pencil is comfortable to write than normal pencils, because it’s well balanced.

What the fuck is this thread about

Very nice, Nippon, I love my Pentel Smash, lightweight, inexpensive and comfy to right with.
I have tried many, but this pen stayed with me

Imported one from Japan.

Japanese mechanical pencils

>German ones are way better.
dont think so, these japanese ones I had felt more thought through

Your integral mark looks like S

I use ramy safarai on daily basis