Big Little Lies
Oz
Big Love
The night of

that's without even blinking-

I forgot, Westworld of fucking course.
And this
>tfw night of may be hbo's most underrated show

The Leftovers is garbage, so just clearing the air.

Rome.
GOT (the whole fucking thing)
True Detective (S1 only) S2 was crap.
The Sopranos
Deadwood (so good)

>GOT
stopped reading there.

Larry Sanders Show
Sopranos
Deadwood
Rome
Curb
David Simon

>GoT whole thing
>leftovers is trash
Spot the pleb.

They're all good, as long as you remember to pirate the shit out of anything they produce, JUST to fuck with them at this point.

The Night Of is the greatest thing they've done in a ages.

One of the most surprisingly well shot, well acted, well written things I've seen in a long time. They kept it short, tight, and taut.

Absolute kino.

Here is my top 10. DON'T FUCKING JUMP DOWN MY THROAT, THIS IS MY TOP TEN:

1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. The Larry Sanders Show
4. Deadwood
5. Six Feet Under
6. Curb Your Enthusiasm
7. John from Cincinnati
8. The Leftovers
9. Enlightened
10. Treme

>Curb Your Enthusiasm
>The Sopranos
>Life and Times of Tim
>The Ricky Gervais Show
That's all I've seen on the channel, any recommendations?

I fucking forgot Life & Times of Tim.

Remove Treme. Sorry David Simon.

I just subscribed to HBO. I saw Rushmore was streaming so I decided to watch it, only to discover they chopped the sides of the movie off to fill the whole screen. This is unacceptable. Netflix and Amazon don't pull this shit. Does HBO usually do this? If so, I think I'll watch The Night Of and then cancel. $15 a month is way too much if the movies are chopped up.

wow this is the first time i've seen someone else mention life and times of tim
love that show

Google it to see if there are options for that. Id cancel too if they don't give you screen ratio options.

>GOT (the whole fucking thing)

Why did they take it off Youtube? Why isn't on HBOGo? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

They fucked up Speed too. I think it's a licensing issue; HBO pays low price for pan and scan copies of movies and bankrolls their original series with the savings.

I recently watched it on HBO here in the US and it was fine.

Were you streaming it, or watching it live? I subscribe through Amazon, so I wondered if it's possible that Amazon fucked it up, but I started a thread about it, and two other people said they experienced the same thing with Rushmore being in the wrong aspect ratio.

what would a fan of the leftovers tell someone who couldnt even make it through the first episode because it was immediately obvious the show was just gimmicky lindelof bullshit?

Justin Theroux and Christopher Eccleston play very powerful characters.

Six feet under, curb, and Sopranos

You made it further than I did. I lasted until episode 5 and just couldn't take the pretentiousness any longer. I lasted that long because it was made by HBO and was hoping that it would improve. As for S2 of True Detective, I actually got to episode 7 before dropping it.

Adding Mr Show and Flight of the Conchords, surprised they've not been mentioned yet

season 2 is a million times better than season 1

First post best post, but add sopranos.

>ELDER GOD TIER
Rome

>GOD TIER
The Wire

>GOOD TIER
Game of Thrones S1
Curb Your Enthusiasm
True Detective S1

>ALRIGHT TIER
Game of Thrones S2 - S3
The Sopranos

>OVERRATED TIER
Six Feet Under

>SHIT TIER
Westworld
True Detective S2

>OH SHIT NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER
Game of Thrones post-Joffrey's death

Rome, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Deadwood are essentially bulletproof to all but the biggest contrarian fags.

>I think it's a licensing issue; HBO pays low price for pan and scan copies of movies and bankrolls their original series with the savings.
Really? You think it's that much more expensive to get a version that shows the sides of the movie?

>Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, and Oz were all airing on HBO at around the same time
Truly the golden age of television.

jesus you're a pleb

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

>all these posts
>no carnivale
Y'all minds is clouded by the demiurge

Rome.
Still holds up after 10+ years.

Enlightened is incredibly underrated. Just watch it already. Laura Dern is great in it.

I recently tried watching Carnivale as it has a lot of elements I generally enjoy/find interesting. Something about it just doesn't hook me though. I don't know if it's a lack of interest in the characters? The mystery of it is interesting enough. It hasn't really been mentioned yet some maybe someone else has theory as to why it wasn't a major hit for HBO.

ROOM 104, an amazing anthology series from the minds of Mark and Jay Duplass. Catch new episodes Fridays at 11:30 EST only on HBO!