twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crashing with no survivors

Film was ruined by the last 20 minutes.

t. every sane person except anglo scum

how did he turn the plane around if he had no fuel

he started the motor again offscreen with the reserve-reserve

*still glides happily ever after*

>what are flaps

Do you retards think planes instantly plummet to the ground the minute the engines stop?

well if it can shoot down a stuka while being a sitting duck it surly can elevate into the sun and fly back to the UK

>underrate the power of Tom "Large Lad" Hardy
truly a hothead

*ignores enemy fire*
just let me sail over the channel mane

>the fire rises

It's a very special move, it's called bad editing.

How birds do it? Fucking magic

was getting caught part of his plan?

Dunkino is the best faggot filter

ww2 pilots glided more than 15 miles in a dead spitfire

of course.

How did he do a 180 and shoot a divebombing stuka as it was descending at what? Several hundred km/h?

I believed propaganda once too.

It's far fetched but not impossible

Sacrificed maybe 20mph and 50 feet of alt. Why didn't he do that again to land on the british territory though.

He was at high altitude so he could turn and you can see him gliding low at the end.

Getting caught was part of his plan

Because he couldn't, way too low, that's why he couldn't parachute either. He could either crash into the sea to the left or crash into the town to the right. Landing a Spitfire into the sea is a risky task in on it's own, let alone landing a gliding Spitfire with the engine off safely to the sea.

>a thread on Sup Forums is full of """"""""educated""""""""" Americans that think a plane needs fuel to operate the flaps

with an active motor maybe... you lose almost 200mph when making a turn, especially an active turn towards an attacking enemy

he opened some portals
all spitfires can do that

ITT: waaaaaah I know more than the whole group of experts and historians who were on set, aswell as actual Spitfires which were flown in the movie waaaaaah please listen to my wikipedia and youtube knowledge waaaaaaaaaaaah

>mfw I never flew a plane irl but still know more than those KINO faggots

>Most of the film time is spent on the soldiers
>Make them unlikeable, avoiding combat and trying to jump the que while others die
>In the end they fail at everything and almost die, but are saved by the secondary characters

>Big pay off/victory at the end is the comic relief character being called a hero/ the pilot getting captured

>comic relief character
What?

I legit expected when we were told the Germans were about to flank the beach, and the soldiers were hiding in the Trawler on that flank. That they'd come out, surprise the Germans and save their country men.... instead they just kept hiding the whole time, then sunk.....

George, did nothing but spill tea, fall down the stairs and then get called a "hero of dunkirk' according to the local newspaper

How that a comic relief character? Where should the audience laugh? His pointless and senseless death is just the juxtaposition of the soldiers equally pointless and senseless death on the other side.

Getting out of that Trawler would be utterly stupid and retarded, they would all just basically die immediately because the germans were already shooting at it and that dutch fag blew their cover.

Why not look out of the holes in a fast fashion to see where the shootings came from (they came from the water, so it means it wasn't germans but envious brits shooting up shit)?

Why didn't he land on the beach (ok he might crash into the lines of Bongs) or on water in front of the beach? He could just evacuate with the rest like that.

>why not look out of the same holes where the bullets are still flying in
Are you an actual retard? They were scared to even just plug those holes with their fingers, let alone fucking peak out of them you absolute turboautist

he needs to make sure his plane isn't recovered by nazis, he's was a big guy, for UK

see It's already shown how dangerous landing a Spitfire on water is, let alone a gliding one with the engine off

What's you problem? When everyone is equipped with guns it's important that nobody fires upon their own people, the concept is called friendly fire. It's fundamental that you see and stop the fire, be it enemy or friendly thorugh your own concepts.

Not that guy but you're obviously a little slow. They approached the trawler from the left saying they're out of the perimeter now. The shooting then comes from the direction they were walking towards. How could that be their own guys then?

... and even if it was the krauts. why hide into your position and not see where the enemy exactly stands? The royal army was royally fucked but not through the germans but genetically in their brains.

It was not friendly fire you braindead autist, why the fuck would brits who are waiting to be rescued shoot up a fully working boat on the beach? And they are shown walking a long distance before entering that boat, out of the safe perimeter.

>It's fundamental that you see and stop the fire, be it enemy or friendly thorugh your own concepts.
No, it's fundamental to survive, If just one of them got out of the boat early on the whole boat would just get blasted with shots.

Please stop M8 you are embarrassing yourself now

>what are I have no idea how a plane works

you can still manoeuvre a gliding aircraft, you just lose a shitload of altitude in the process

>what are gliders

>needs characters to be likeable
>comic relief
Spotted the disgusting fucking pleb

>why hide into your position and not see where the enemy exactly stands?
Because then they would all DIE you sub intelligent ameritard. The whole point of that scene was that they were pretending like the boat is completely empty and waited for the tide so they can try to sail away, not to try to ambush a couple of fucking germans, that would be completely retarded because the other germans would just come and kill them all at once at that boat, the most easy target ever.

BUT THEY FLED FROM A GHOST YOU MORON!

?

Is this some advanced abstract 4D reverse baiting or?

>why the fuck would brits who are waiting to be rescued shoot up a fully working boat on the beach?
because they were fighting a ghost..

What the fuck are you trying to say? Do you need to take your meds user?

It's throughout the movie you idiots. Never was a german soldier seen or even shown. It's because there was no enemy but the brits still fled. I get my meds now

The germans were not shown because the film is shown completely from the brit perspective on that beach, and we as the audience, just like the soldiers on that beach, never see the germans up close.
Please take your meds user before you start spewing more bullshit itt.

because the french were holding them further away

they were fucking fast firing their guns when they "detected a spy" didn't they?

No one fired a single shot at him, and he was not a spy, just a based froggo trying to survive.
I don't even understand what does that have to do with the post you're replying to.

I meant getting their guns ready with firing up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transat_Flight_236
>In about 19 minutes, Piché and De Jager flew their plane without power some 120 km (75 miles), further than any passenger jet in history.

>a """"""educated"""""" Yurotard insists a spitfire has enough velocity and lift to glide down a huge stretch of the beach, 180, glide back to kill a Stuka, and then glide down another huge stretch of beach, without stalling while also adding extra drag by manually cranking the landing gear and making a near perfect 3 point landing, after having taken fire far earlier in the movie
Deserved a nuke t b h.

Flaps arent controlled using the power of your feet moving 10cm, they need fuel or electricity to function.

Well they need hydraulic pressure which can be created by using a hand pump, same setup pilot used for landing gear.