The dullest franchise

Is this the most meme villain film industry has ever produced?

He wasn't produced by the film industry, so no.

Dont mind me, just waiting for the pasta.

Voldemort was a good villain until they gave him a physical body

pasta when

This

>Giving your faceless, feared and dreaded villain a physical presence that was defined by the mannerisms of a well known actor

Fucking horrible idea. I like Ralph Fiennes but Voldemort should have been unrecognisable and with a different voice

Sorry that I am not constantly monitoring the front page for threads discussing one the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Movie Voldemort isn't quite the same as book Voldemort, though. He was still a colossal dumbass in the books, but he had a certain charm that he lacks in the movies.

He's a pretty bad villain (no pun intended). He's the embodiment of the most cartoonish view of evil. The only way to make it more cliche would be to give him a twirly mustache.

>Voldemort just falls over dead in the final duel with harry after getting hit with his own curse.
I wish the movie had kept just how much he died like a bitch.

>literally taking this idiot's design seriously

i feel bad for the makeup artists

I always wonder: what aspects does HP series represent for British cinema?

Actors and actress are certainly represented.
But what else? Is it fair to say that most British movies look like HP in some way?

I know right, you can literally see the border between face and makeup.

that brittish teeth

The one made by a mexican is actually the only one thats actually like a british film or pre2000s television show

>watch first two
>think they are retarded
>"but user, they get way better later in the series"
>watch 3,4,5
>not much better
>"but user, the early ones are soooo much better"
>"you really need to have read the books"
The whole series is an illusion where you think the other part is better than whatever part you're watching

The first 3 are perfectly fine. Nothing too offensive, comfy movies and a pretty cool world and characters.

After that it starts to take itself way too seriously and the comfy factor is completely gone after the fourth one

based dullposter

DUDE WIZARD NAZIS LMAO

The whole basis of the series is black and white, good vs evil. That's probably why he came off so one demensional.

I was calling it the dullest pasta in history before I got the irony. There's really nothing about it that makes for a good pasta and is nothing more than a forced meme. It's embarassing.

"No!"

Is this legit? I love JK now