'Dunkirk' Confirmed To Be Racist

>What a surprise that Nigel Farage has endorsed the new fantasy-disguised-as-historical war film, Dunkirk. Christopher Nolan’s movie is an inadvertently timely, thinly veiled Brexiteer fantasy in which plucky Britons heroically retreat from the dangerous shores of Europe. Most importantly, it pushes the narrative that it was Britain as it exists today – and not the one with a global empire – that stood alone against the “European peril”.

>A vast, all-white production such as Nolan’s Dunkirk is not an accident. Such a big budget film is a product of many hundreds of small and large decisions in casting, production, directing and editing. Perhaps Nolan chose to follow the example of the original allies in the second world war who staged a white-only liberation of Paris even though 65% of the Free French Army troops were from West Africa. Perhaps such a circumscribed, fact-free imagination is a product of rewriting British history over the past decades, not in the least by deliberate policies including Operation Legacy? Knowingly or not, Nolan walks in the footsteps of both film directors and politicians who have chosen to whitewash the past.

>But why is it so important for Nolan, and for many others, that the film expunge all non-white presence on the beach and the ships? Why is it psychologically necessary that the heroic British troops be rescued only by white sailors? What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets? What would alter if some of the soldiers offered namaaz on the sands before rising to face the advancing enemy for that one last time?

archive.is/8ds1z

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
indiewire.com/2017/07/dunkirk-historian-everything-christopher-nolan-got-right-1201861872/
historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/dunkirk/
firstpost.com/entertainment/dunkirk-why-india-cant-watch-christopher-nolans-imax-war-epic-the-way-he-intended-3856921.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So it's not historically accurate... So what? People expect white people

oh god it's just a movie sanjeet

>What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets?
Well, it would become inaccurate for starters.

Why do colonial niggers hate Brexit? Out of all the people who benefit from it are them because now ole Limey needs to import more of his former colonists instead of white Euros.

>So it's not historically accurate
It is historically accurate. His entire angle is fucking bizarre. Why is the liberation of Paris in 1944 and the "Free French Army", composed of forces based outside of France (because it was formed after France fell to the Nazis) in any way relevant to a British retreat in 1940?

>What would change if brave men fighting at Dunkirk wore turbans instead of helmets?
They would be retarded.
Also there were a few completely historically correct true black colonised african negros in the french troops in the film.

>"historical movies should be accurate!"
>"no I don't want to see brown faces in a WW2 movie, I don't care if they were integral to victory"

Why are alt-right fuckwits so stupid? Sup Forums has gone to shit. Are you just upset that the nazis lost?

She has a point. Nolan has a problem of only ever casting white bodies in his films.

Explain in a few simple words what's stupid here

I'm only familiar with Nolan's Batman movies and Inception, but the Batman movies did have Lucius Fox and I think Inception had an Indian guy.

You're responding to bait

That's literally 2 minorities across like 10 of his movies. Maybe he does have a problem with race.

> Millions of whites dead
> "what matters is people of color"

Might as well spit on every memorial in britain.

Maybe you're right. Idk if I'd call it a problem, but it is an odd pattern. Maybe it's because Nolan is from the UK, which is like 90% white. In the US, 1 out of every 10 people you see is a black guy, but in the UK it's like 1 out of every 80.

I like how the guardian waited until after writing an article praising themselves for not getting triggered by Dunkirk to get triggered by Dunkirk.

that's probably the next step of their master plan

there were black people in the french army in this movie though

Why do you people deliberately follow these sources just to post here? Fucking losers

>britain as it exists today
>lacking in indians and africans
Has this nigger even been outside?

WTF I didn't know the movie was a metaphor for the Brexit.
Bravo Nolan, I'll give a chance to your movie.

If the film has indeed removed non white faces from the story then the 'whitewash' charge is entirely fair.

The BEF in France was made of white guys.

Shut it goyim

But the film hasn't removed white faces. The British Expeditionary Force in 1940 was white. Colonial troops played a role elsewhere in the world. And the movie did show some blacks fighting for France in the movie.

>BEF
Black Entertainment Fraternity?

There are blacks in the film you ignorant brainlet

The film should have depicted all races. The British still have this fantasy that only white people suffered and won the war, whereas the war could hardly have been won without colonial help.

Sunny pls.

>British Expeditionary Force
Oh
That BEF

Pajeets have Bollywood, they have no right to complain about a lack of media presence.

You missed the more important point about the underlying psychology of the film. There were people from many countries at Dunkirk, they all played their vital parts and should have been represented. It would only require a few minutes of broad Glaswegian dialogue for the film's audience to recognise the role played by Scots. Similarly, a short scene showing Muslim squaddies praying, while a larger group of other squaddies crossed themselves during a brief service, would present the audience with the collaboration between faiths for a greater good. Films are about stories and symbolism. Some posters have cited numbers (90% were white, kind of remark), which is only irrelevant if the symbolism aims to portray homogeneity. It is well known there was no homogeneity of origin....only of purpose.

Yes I'm sure Asians, Native Americans and Eskimos fought at the beach of Dunkirk in 1940.

>problem

The "Free French Army" was a band of rapists and jackals that killed civilians and looted their homes everywhere they went, precisely because they were africans.
In the Italian campaign the allies had to execute them because they kept raping women.

Maybe the Scots and Catholics angle, but I'm not sure that there were many, or even any, Muslims in the BEF. Definitely in the British army as a whole, but not that specific force.

It doesn't seem like you understood the point. There were more than enough non white faces at Dunkirk that their omission, for a film of such budget, is deliberate, and that omission has consequences (as would be a lot easier to understand if you were non white).

Black Enforcement Facility

they'd all be dead, sanjeev.

>Turbans instead of helmets
Good idea, get your turban on and I'll bullseye you with a rifle.

>Films are about stories and symbolism
>"symbolism"

just fuck off you surface-level tourist crossposter casual

>There were more than enough non white faces at Dunkirk that their omission
Not in the British forces. The French forces, sure, so it's a good thing that the movie did show non white faces fighting for France.

>as would be a lot easier to understand if you were non white).
But I am non white.

The author is complaining about a few hundred Indians of 300,000 troops not making it into the movie. Despite the movie being about the personal experiences of a handful of people.

>There were people from many countries at Dunkirk
Source me on that one m8 because the BEF wasn't the fucking colonial army

>without colonial help.
You're right, the United States really won the war for them.

Just a movie?

Try Googling the issue (as I just did) and you will discover this is a major news item in India. So they are reporting and providing commentary on current events.

You don't agree with the commentary?

I'll admit to having my own doubts about this criticism of this film, although the underlying point about the under-representation of the commonwealth troops in dramas about the last war is a fair one.

But no matter - we should challenge ourselves to think critically about our world. It is not there to simply reflect the views we already have. If that's what you're after, then maybe reading a different one will provide greater satisfaction? .

Black Entitlement Faction

This. Fuck white people.

>and that omission has consequences (as would be a lot easier to understand if you were non white).
Non whites should behave like guests in our coutnries considering they benefit from all our sacrifices and invention without giving anything in return other than cheap labor and left-wing votes.
You're free to go back to your country where they'll rape you then eat you while wearing your mother's skin.

My great uncle was in a soldier in ww2. I find it incredibly frustrating that as a black soldier from Jamaica, he and many others like him are rarely represented in anything to do with the war. So much so that a teacher actually told my cousin that there were no black people fighting in the war. Thank God that my family know our history and can pass this on to our children.

Whether or not it was realistic matters not as the film was shit and only Redditors will enjoy it including the Sup Forums /r/thedonald types.

We need more ww2 movies on the North African conflicts tbqh.

>India
POO
IN
THE
LOO

youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

I was about to book tickets for the film but read Farage's endorsement and promptly cancelled.

‘Dunkirk’: A Historian Reveals What Christopher Nolan Got Right, and It’s Almost Everything

>The French might be miffed, but World War II expert Michael Korda was very impressed with "Dunkirk" — and he didn't much care for "Saving Private Ryan."

>Christopher Nolan’s unconventional take on the war film has earned high praise from critics and audiences alike, but perhaps Nolan’s most impressive fan is historian and author Michael Korda, who called “Dunkirk” “very courageous,” “impressive,” and “absolutely wonderful.”

>Korda, whose book on the battle of Dunkirk comes out in September, recently told GQ what he thought of Nolan’s latest, and how his unique approach told the story much more accurately than most war films. (Such as “Saving Private Ryan,” which Korda called “a slightly artificial docudrama”). Korda attributes the film’s accuracy to Nolan’s minimal exposition and lack of central character or fictional story. “You get the experience of Dunkirk without the artificiality of scenes in which you see Winston Churchill talking to General Ismay. There are none of the usual cliches of war films in here,” he said.

indiewire.com/2017/07/dunkirk-historian-everything-christopher-nolan-got-right-1201861872/
historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/dunkirk/

So you think pajeet news articles know better than historians and the actual survivors who were there themselves?

Most sikhs voted out.

I'm thinking of doing the same. I don't want to associate with wankers like him. Even the idea of brexshit happening still makes me feel sick and embarrassed by this country.

Can someone show me photos of nonwhites at Dunkirk?

Because every picture I see looks like this

I feel like the "huge African and Indian presence" is entirely imaginary

Having read the for and against Dunkirk, I think the message is clear: it wouldn't cost anything more to include more non white faces in the film and it would be more inclusive.

It would have been a nice acknowledgment of the non White's efforts in the war.

There were some black French soldiers.

SINGH BTFO

B-but muh diversity

same

also based black man armond hates it so it gives me another reason to not watch this shit

Lots of people from all over the world fought in all kinds of battles.
This movie is about the Brits in Dunkirk though.

"A matter of life and death " managed to acknowledge the racial diversity of the allies in a single panning shot.
Im sure a column or two of Indian soldiers, or a black face amongst the crew members featured wouldn't have been that hard given the thousands of extras Nolan sourced.

I swore I saw black people in the French army when they were trying to get on the boat to England

adapting your posting style huh

This

>and you will discover this is a major news item in India
Because Indians have an insane complex when it comes to Britain and perceived inferiority towards the west. Look at Indian comments on fb about anything western, or that silly "India in 2030" video. Not even Americans are this hypersensitive.

>celebrating a retreat in the first place
>MUH RAF
>MUH CHURCHILL
>MUH BULLDOG
>MUH NEVER SURRENDER
>hole up in your little island for the entire duration of the war, only beat italians(FUCKING LOL) in Africa and boast about it

Fuck off, if it weren't for America you would all be speaking Russian right now, Brits holding any kind of pride about WWII makes me laugh.

>they all played their vital parts and should have been represented.
un, no sweetie, the movie doesn't exist to represent all the races and genders, it exists to tell a story.
Forced diversity doesn't help anyone.

But brits were rescued by all white civilian sailors
The percentage of non-whites at this actual part of ww2 theatre of war was insignificant as fuck.
Does it hurt their asshole so much that a big budget movie about whites killing whites lacks poo in loo or something? Film your own shot, like the sipai uprising or I don't know.

Imagine, spitfire flies, the pilot takes of mask. Instead of big guy bane, it's the amd pajeet. This would be laughable. It's like expecting a t34 being driven by idris elba.

Not a brit

>recerse image search
>"photo of a captured French soldier"

>Fuck off, if it weren't for America you would all be speaking Russian right now
That's a massive exaggeration, none of the former Warsaw Pact states speak Russian except for the ones which historically were part of the Russian Empire anyway.

>Brits holding any kind of pride about WWII makes me laugh.
The Brits provided invaluable material support to the Soviets (on a much smaller scale than the US did, but still) and played a critical role in destroying the Luftwaffe and the Kriegsmarine. They even contributed to the Manhattan Project.

You know, when we defeated the marxists in the 89's, i suggested that we should execute all of them, to rid the Earth of their cancerous presence, so that they can never continue their campaign of destruction, but nooo, other were like user let's not be like them, let's show human face etc.
And now this shit. Fuck it, i hope that the West will burn to the last white fuck, and if they run to hide in my country, I'll be there to shoot them myself.

And if there is some cocksucker who wants to tell me that I read too much into it, reminder that Al Quade magazine has issues a statements advising their suicide bomber to not target minority groups, because the MSM and leftist will try to sweep it under the rug and make excuses.

Goatfuckers in the desert knows what's up, yet fucking western baizuous try to pretend ignorance.

Call me when people start complaining that these guys aren't properly represented in WWII films

Why tho?
For niggers feelings?

>The percentage of non-whites at this actual part of ww2 theatre of war was insignificant as fuck.
Well, at least in 1940. By '44 and '45 there were a lot of blacks and asians running around from British/French colonies, and of course the US army had a lot of blacks too.

wtf I hate rural and suburban retards now

L M A O

"French"

>this is a major news item in India
Poo in Loos don't even have a 70mm IMAX theatre
firstpost.com/entertainment/dunkirk-why-india-cant-watch-christopher-nolans-imax-war-epic-the-way-he-intended-3856921.html
Shows how much they're "interested" in this movie

>i suggested that we should execute all of them, to rid the Earth of their cancerous presence
How on earth would that work, anyway? Just drag university professors out onto the streets and shoot them?

I'm still waiting for a movie about the ethnic Jews from important families who served Nazi Germany, and who had a loophole specifically designed for them in the Nuremberg Laws (it was common in Imperial Germany for impoverished Prussian nobles to marry rich Jewish families to maintain land/status). It would be a genuinely interesting story, the moral conflict those guys felt must have been insane.

>Mr. Popo was on our side
No wonder we won

>Brits holding any kind of pride about WWII makes me laugh.
Hahaha. All they did was stand alone against the Nazis for years. They sacrificed an empire and half a million people, had their cities torched, and got in debt to the US for the rest of the century.

The Guardian have been deeply disturbed by Dunkirk. They're trying to take it down from all angles. Anything British is deemed to be poisonous.

Read it as feces on the thumbnail

Slavs sacrificed more. Like, way fucking more.

I don't get it

Again, find a single picture of some indians or blacks in the brit army on the beach of Dunkirk.
Even if there was 5 or 10 of them there, that's 5 or 10 in a +300 000 army. Now why would Nolan have to put those 5 in a close up or medium close up if they were just as any other regular soldiers? Why single out those men on-screen other than to get diversity points from the lefties?
There were a fair amount of blacks in the french troops and Nolan has shown that, but in the british troops fact is that 99% they were full white males and singling out other races just to show is retarded.

>He's a Jew

Wow I am completely shocked by this.

>It would have been a nice acknowledgment of the non White's efforts in the war.

When someone makes a movie about North-African campaign that acknowledgment is more than welcome. Dunkirk is not that movie, time or place.

>sunny singh

>university professors out onto the streets and shoot them?

Umm, no sweetie, university professors were long dead, because marxists executed or sentenced them to uranium mines when they got to power. Something that western upper class college marxist fucks never seems to grasp.

Oh wow what an incredible coincidence

>Umm, no sweetie, university professors were long dead
University professors in Western Europe and the United States were long dead?

>because marxists executed or sentenced them to uranium mines when they got to power
Oh so you're talking about marxists in the fallen communist states. How exactly would you go about figuring out who was a real marxist and who just went along with it?

I honestly could care less if there were black or Indian in the film or not. The fact that they didn't really show them doesn't change anything for me with this movie.

>writing a whole article to state how absolutely not mad you are