What can I do now that I have EU citizenship?

Hi Sup Forums, just got a passport from a country in Europe. I was wondering - what are some benefits of that?

Practical benefits include:
>cheaper rail passes for citizens
>possibly easier to get into colleges (i'm already graduated though)
>the obvious ones, such as indefinite live and work

what else is there?

>what else is there?

You can post mutt memes I guess?

i can do that anywhere tho
t. finnmutt

i feel bad for whatever cunt is stuck with you

You're protected by the EU with its regulations on a lot of stuff
You're in Schengen, so you're free to live and work everywhere in the Union
And all the general advantages you have living here, free healthcare and stuff

>You're protected by the EU with its regulations on a lot of stuff

aren't foreigners living in the EU protected also?

I'm not sure. I think some of them only apply to EU citizens

right on, thanks

If you live in the US, with an American citizenship, no matter how many other citizenships you have, you submit to US laws. Being an European give advantages only if you live there in Europe. Btw, which nationality did you get?

For most of it, yes.

the hell did you just say?

something really stupid even for a frog

I said that being European in the US doesn't provide you the protection of European's laws.

most of the "benefits" require you have your residence in the country you gained citizenship with

It actually makes sense now that you say it.
But do americans actually have any tangible benefits in other countries just because they are from the US?

Its ok tbqh , we wine allot about the EU but its generally a good thing
prove me wrong

of course
if you get arrested for political reasons the embassy will try to get you a bail

Neither, but I assumedfrom his flag OP is still living in the US, my point is just to tell him he can't expect any benefit from his new citizenship if he doesn't move here in Europe.

any country will try to protect it‘s citizens from what they feel is unjust prosecution by a foreign state though

This isn't exactly the same, diplomatic protection is given by every country to protect its citizens outside.

I know that americans need to pay or declare taxes even when they are not living in the US. Not exactly a benefit though.