How well-known is this guy in your country? What do people think of him?

How well-known is this guy in your country? What do people think of him?

How often do you clean your room?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKyMH5orIE
youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8
youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There was a big feature about him in the second biggest newspaper a few weeks back, so I think he's sort of popular. Also his book is number 1 in non-fiction.

Peterson is massively overrated. Practically nothing he says goes beyond common sense but his fans eat it up like profound wisdom.

He's just a 21st century self-help guru.

Peterson right? Is he right or left wing? I see him plastered all over /lit/ and both sides seem to hate him.

Roughly speaking...

>not even a Sup Forumstard
>just wanted easy (you)'s
>make the first thread about him
>8 replies
>some other faggot copies my thread and puts some lame title 2 hours later and gets 300+ replies and introduces Jordan Peterson to the alt right

I think you're understating his importance.
Common sense or not he's literally one of the only people saying what he's saying and fighting the SJW/PC mafia.

He's a boomer cuck meant to stop people from joining the alt right

Can't even answer the JQ despite telling kids to "SAY DA TROOTH

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKyMH5orIE

I don't know him

Only the far-left and far-right extremists hate him. He is a rational, classical liberal centrist and individualist. He is opposed to collectivism and authoritarianism on both sides.

Look up horseshoe theory.

Entirely unknown.

>fighting the SJW/PC mafia

He's pushing young people away from racial collectivism and towards individualism

Under his control we'd enter Brazil tier just as fast as the Left

No of course, I get that, I'm just saying that he's overrated. It's great that he's gaining general popularity instead of some marxist.

He also isn't the only one, just the only one with credentials and enough political sense to avoid certain topics.

imagine actually taking this equivocating sophist seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8

>nationalism is being proud of your nation

I'm tired of retards pushing this meme, nationalism is loyalty to your nation and natural tribal relationship, it has nothing to do with being proud of anything.

No idea who this is.

Unknown.

absolutely not
i dont care who he is
i clean my flat weekly and its never a mess

bump

Who?

He's a famous public person who is an intellectual that goes against the pervading popular culture's take of how people should live

youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54

He was interviewed on our main news channel at primetime

>JQ

You have to go back Sup Forumstard.

I watched a video about him talking how you should not underestimate yourself, clean your room and set yourself goals. That's basically what everyone says.
Is he popular here because he said something against extreme SJWs? ()
That's not a high bar.

>you will never hatefuck Cathy Newman

Feels horrible guys

>people aren't hearing enough encouragement
Just ten years ago, you were hearing "believe in yourself", "you're special, you can do it" EVERYwhere.

The main thing that interests me about him is how he's able to articulate universal ideas through the use of archetypes that fit throughout human history and also link that together with evolution.

literally who?
never, my mom does it for me

Fuck off.

Why are they doing the white power hand symbol?

hes a moderateky smart guy but he's pandering to the fucking huge crowd that hates sjws

If so many people hate sjws why do they rule popular culture and sentiment?

>only people saying what he's saying and fighting the SJW/PC mafia

you realise this is just a marketting ploy, the whole 'SJW/PC mafia' and 'fighting against it'

its all a way of making money.

The media and university elite aren't representative of the general public burger.

>money
That's why I say he's overrated. The man makes tens of thousands of dollars on Patreon every month.

So he's important for fighting people with mental illnesses? Wew

>The man makes tens of thousands of dollars on Patreon every month.
There is nothing wrong with this

>That's why I say he's overrated. The man makes tens of thousands of dollars on Patreon every month.

I think he's overrated because he's like a fake jung who just rambles on about bollocks.

He thinks that running a regression with survey data on personalities will have strong predictive power, which any economist/statistician will tell you is probably not the case. Same goes for his reliance on evolutionary psychology which is far from an established science as far as i've read.

And finally, whilst i agree people should be free to say whatever they want, he's at this point clearly playing up 'anti-SJW' card for their beta bux.

I also find it sad that a lot of people will listen to him, over other psychologists/psychology podcasts/blogs. There is a wide breadth of the discipline which neither starts nor ends at what he's saying. I've found very nice psychology blogs where the speakers seem to have a pro-SJW stance on some topics (which if necessary i just interally agree to disagree about), but are very informative about the basic theory and practice of clinical psychology. I find them much more informative than this guy rambling on about christian myths, communism and how it relates to what our ape ancestors did as children and how that tranlsates to my bedroom's state of cleanliness.

SO, CHANNEL 4 - THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH CHANNEL 4. IT'S NO JOKE. LIKE- IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE- OK, SO LET'S SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, AND YOU FEEL IT'S NOT THE GRADE YOU THINK YOU DESERVED. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE COME DOWN FROM THE TREES AND YOU'RE LOOKING AT A SNAKE. THE GUY WITH THE BIGGEST STICK WILL BE PRETTY POPULAR WITH THE LADIES, MIGHT I ADD, BECAUSE HE'S THE GUY THAT'S FIGURED OUT HOW TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE. AND YOU'RE SITTING THERE LOOKING AT THIS GUY, OK, AND YOU THINK TO YOURSELF, THAT LOOKS DANGEROUS. AND IT BLOODY WELL IS. WELL YOU HAVE A CHOICE. AND BY THE WAY THE FIRST MONKEY WHO LEARNED HE CAN HOLD A STICK IN A RAIN STORM AND MAKE A FIRE STICK, THAT GUY WAS PRETTY POPULAR WITH THE LADIES TOO AS YOU CAN WELL IMAGINE. WELL SO YOU HAVE A CHOICE. YOU CAN DROP THE CLASS, HELL, YOU CAN DROP OUT OF UNIVERSITY, DROP OUT OF SOCIETY, DROP OUT OF LIFE. IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE EH. AND BELIEVE ME, BUCKO, THAT IS NOT. A ROUTE. YOU WANT. TO GO DOWN. IF YOU FOLLOW IT ALL THE WAY DOWN, YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE RESULTS OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE.

Never take anyone who uses Jung's theories as anything more than interesting writer's tools seriously. Politics be damned.

hell jung is fine in and of itself.

but someone combining jung with evolutionary psychology and basic statistical inference techniques, its a slippery slope eh. and believe me, bucko, that is not, a route, you want to go down.

You got him down exactly

its a copypasta.

spot on