Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

I usually laugh at movies that flop, but this makes me sad. After the disaster that was Jupiter Ascending, the boring rehash of The Force Awakens and the never-ending wait for an Avatar sequel, Valerian was our last hope at re-igniting the space opera / sci-fi adventure genre.

Why is it that space and medieval fantasy films are such difficult areas to be successful in?

shouldn't have casted a Fridge and a numale as the main

because the (((critics))) said it was bad so all the mindless sheep think its bad, just stick with disney marvel and star wars films lmao
and if you want you can wait till december to watch all the disney child studio oscar bait films

that's a shoop you piece of SHIT!

Because "fantasy" movies are fucking gay

yea but she has no hips or a woman body.

I like a flat tummy though.

>City of a Thousand Planets

you get reddit gold for being the first to mention that a woman looks like a fridge. the more you do it the cooler you are.

what has reddit to do with this?
she is legit ugly

>what has reddit to do with this?

Repetitive posting thats designed to get points or trigger people.

1200% Reddit gold for you.

totally not shooped eh?

>literally NO curves

sound like you're the reddit expert here. maybe you should go back?

why her face so fugly?

Like you wouldn't blast 1000 planets with jizz if she looked at you.

Because I could hardly imagine a less likeable pair of lead actors than Dane Dehaan and Cara Delivigne.

no I reject fridges and sloped neanderthal heads.

>has to wear a belt to simulate hips

looks like a retard

>this is a 10 in bongistan
lmao

implying you wouldn't

I wouldn't get it up for such ugly woman

I just want to stare into her eyes as we masturbate at each other

>Valerian was our last hope at re-igniting the space opera / sci-fi adventure genre
I think Guardians 2 did it pretty well. I'm not sure if I would call it a space opera necessarily but it definitely fits into that list it basically did everything Valerian did better.

The real reason you should be sad is that Valerian is literally the only summer blockbuster that wasn't part of an existing franchise or attached to the biggest studios. It just re-affirmed that Hollywood should not take any chances and invest everything in safe movies.

Why is everyone pretending girls with the body of a prepubescent boy aren't insanely hot? Are you all gay?

>Why is it that space and medieval fantasy films are such difficult areas to be successful in?

Because people who make these films are more interested in making money than making a good film. Barring that, they just have poor taste and don't know what the heck is a good movie. Besson is kind of old and seems to have lost his touch.

For whatever reason, some directors (e.g., Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas) are really good in their younger years and then turn into schlockmeisters in their old age.

Valerian needed a strong director who knows what a good film is, is interested in making a good film, and has the financial backing and authority (casting, script, etc.) to make a make a good film

>tattoos
>loves ghetto culture
>is not really even super hot as a super model is supposed to be. (there was a previous thread where someone posted a pic of claudia schiffer, a woman hot enough to turn straight males' penises into fully automatic sperm rifles)

George Lucas was never good. Just because the prequels were abysmal doesn't mean he wasn't always a nerd writing terrible fanfic about laserswords.

that was me

lmao @ that uggo

Lucas is a really tough call. Had he just retired after the 1980s were over and not made the garbage he's made since, he would be considered a pretty great director. If I remember correctly, he showed enough promise as a very young film student to have gotten some sort of funding or award when he was still as USC or wherever he studied film.

Lucas' contributions to media are undeniable, though: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, THX, ILM, and even Lucas Arts (they made computer games.)

I just can't call him a 100% hack because he somehow was able to turn out some really good films: American Graffiti, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, portions of Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade. If Lucas really was utter shit, he'd have a filmography closer to that of Uwe Boll or Michael Bay.