vimeo.com/64987176
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=udgfHtx2MJk
youtu.be/5Pd_WpyM8iE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think this man made a good point.

kaijukino, i feel sorry for anyone who missed out on this in theaters
the period after the atomic breath scene kinda drags tho

I loved it. When night falls and Godzilla finally makes it to Tokyo, thats just a jawdropping scene. I was surprised and pleased to hear the battle music from Evangelion pop up. Last shot of the film was another holy fuck moment, classic Anno. Its a good 8/10 in my book, leagues better than 2014zilla.

Effects were respectable for a $15 million production.

>the period after the atomic breath scene kinda drags tho
A bit. It becomes a more conventional film after that sequence. However, the characters were interesting enough to make it work.

>movie is called Godzilla
>it's an hour and fifty six minutes of Chinese people talking in an office
It's pure boring horseshit is what it is.

Good, but the back lazors were fucking retarded. What was Anno thinking?

Godzilla has like 18 minutes of screen time in Shin Godzilla. Want to complain? Look at G14. There he only has ten minutes.

This character was just so terrible.

Why do Japs put this snobby, but still humanly underneath type female character in all their productions, from films to shows to anime to manga?

She was meant to be le chic foreign girl.

Nausicaa's God Warrior

I really liked. Using Godzilla to create a half-parody of the Fukashima disaster was an interesting move. I thought it was great how it portrayed a Japanese frustration with their own bureaucracy and a both a distaste but veiled longing for a US president-like cowboy leader.

I think she's meant to represent the vile American lifestyle, but abandons it throughout the movie while she finds her true patriotism.

But it didn't have ebin back lazors.

GO GO GODZILLA!

Too much boring political shite, should've been entirely CG.

This. Nausicaa left a strong impression on Anno. He even made a live-action short several years back about the God Warriors with Higuchi.
vimeo.com/64987176

>This character was just so terrible
Her English was weak. But she wasn't that bad. She had great chemistry with the "protagonist."

Brilliant movie, not really fair to compare it to 2014 Godzilla, as they're practically different characters.

But I prefer the story and design of Shin Godzilla

Nerd girl a cute

Kino. I thought the third act had way too much humans, but after rewatching it, I think it was pretty great to see how the humans try to make a plan to stop Godzilla in a realistic way.

it's the ultimate pleb filter

Would this have been better than the CG?

>how to spot a casual Godzilla fan

Anno and Miyazaki are also BFF's.

I'd give her a personal service If you get what I mean

What are the best Godzilla flicks, Sup Forums?

Destroy All Monsters

Rebirth of kaijukino but too bad the huge momentum the movie created for Godzilla is gonna get pissed away on three awful 3DCG anime garbage

Absolute kino. Best Godzilla film in decades.
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE

I think I haven't saw it and don't know how to.

that godzilla face is genuinely scary

I always like this scene of emergency press conference with sign language

Where will deaf people and their sign language go when the happening happens?

>...Anonymous
>08/02/17(Wed)06:35:37 No.85769661
>I always like this scene of emergency press conference with sign language
>Where will deaf people and their sign language go when the happening happens?
(Screencap)

Pure kino, better than 54, and that's saying something.

Do you not know how to torrent?

how come japan is still able to produce good movies on a regular basis while germany only puts out garbage?

they both got bombed and cucked during WW2

>better than 54
Really? Might be going a little too far there. Though I'd rank it behind 54 (making it second best) or Mothra vs Godzilla (making it third best).

is this the most dangerous godzilla onscreen yet?

if his humanoid transformation went through they would probably become the new dominant species on the planet and probably expand into space travel given enough intellect and time.

Unmitigated shit

>is this the most dangerous godzilla onscreen yet?
Final Wars still curbstomps everything
But Shin is in the top 5 most powerful

>Nausicaa left a strong impression on Anno
Well, he animated the damn movie

only parts

Funimation really dropped the ball with the bluray. Only one special feature that's essentially just a Nerd Crew episode.

>is this the most dangerous godzilla onscreen yet?
He has the potential to be. His mutation, defensive, and reproduction capacities are insane. Remember, he had overcome the exhaustion limitation that he dealt with earlier in the movie. If left alive long enough he would be indestructible and have overrun the entire planet. That's why the UN wanted so desperately to destroy him and quickly. Japan only narrowly avoided a disaster with the skeletons.

It's fucking disgusting and pretty much epitomizes everything wrong with the western Godzilla fanbase. The special features on the Jap Blu-Ray were fucking fantastic but we have to get fucking garbage.

I has the dumb, but I did not get this last scene.
What does it imply?

Both of those are boring shit.
Look for Honda as director. GMK is fantastic too.

hello /m/ reject good to see you again outside your containment board

fuck you

To survive in a world of humans his spawn has to be human. He would create a race of laser shooting xenomorphs with high resistence and regeneration.

Someone needs to get all of the North American distribution rights under one house (they're currently divided between Universal, Sony, Funimation, Dreamworks, Section23, and Kraken, and Netflix). That way a complete collection can be released here and preferably with special features. But I doubt anyone sees financial value in some much hard work.

Dogshit, one of the worse zilla films to be made
Also only plebs think Annoshit anything is even close to decent

>Look for Honda as director. GMK is fantastic too.
Basically this. Honda's last few efforts were a little weak though (DAM, Revenge, ToM).

throughout the film godzilla evolved in response to his environment and threats in it, and in the end he was defeated by a community of individuals coordinating their efforts. so, his next form would've been in response to that

Does anyone have subtitles that translate the japanese subtitles?
I watched it in cinemas and they told me who was every chink, why you fuckers can do anything right?

Holy shit this
Thread is filled with faggots who lap up shit like Shin and put it on a pedestal, even worse than capeshit films

eat shit cunt

cool thanks. I just used to think it was his spawn and that the monster came from a human so they would look like one in larval form

youtube.com/watch?v=udgfHtx2MJk

I've never wanted to hit someone so badly.

That video is disingenuous at best. And G14 is a forgettable bore.

contrarians will tell you otherwise but anno is a good producer of kino

>Godzilla didn't destroy all of Japan in a fiery blaze
>Godzilla didn't evolve into a mile high monster heralding the apocalypse
>The other nations didn't combine their resources to kill it as it trudged through the ocean towards more innocent blood

I didn't get it, bunch of people talking boring and stupid shit. Godzilla was cool I guess.

>I didn't get it
Metaphor for Fukushima, similar to what G54 was for Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Lucky Dragon. It was about the nation of Japan coming together and standing up for itself in the face of an unprecedented crisis. Pay attention to the dialogue and read up on the 2011 disaster. It's really rewarding.

>people that whine about it being a political film when the original was political

Every time I see this picture I think of this

They only used it once.

One of the best films of last year and a total treat to see in theaters. Got to go twice and I had a blast both times.

That isn't funny though. That isn't even Reddit tier it's not even 9gag

It was really weird how Sup Forums hated on it. Then again those people sucked off 2014 like nothing else.

Does Monster ever get as good as it was in the first 3 1/2 episodes? It was pretty good at first then you learn that that kid is literally Sephiroth and it stops being as good

They didn't use it all, actually.

I skipped any scene this horrible actor was in.

I liked it. People say that the anime is too slow, and to just read the manga, but I thought it was paced fine. It has been a few years since I've seen it.
> It was pretty good at first then you learn that that kid is literally Sephiroth
I can't really comment on this considering I've never played FF

Has anyone noticed any differences in the theatrical version and the bluray?
Aside from the funimation subtitles being very simple

If I die in this world
Who will know something of me?
I am lost, no one knows
There's no trace of my yearning

>when you realize that track is from Godzilla's perspective

There's something inherently wrong with your gay little franchise if that's the norm. You should be ahsamed. Go watch something that actually delivers on what it promises like Redman.

youtu.be/5Pd_WpyM8iE

wtf is the ending?
someone explain that that to me please
is godzilla mutating little kaiju or what?

if they had not frozen him he would have started spawning smaller flight capable versions of himself that would span the globe and eradicate all life

It's going to happen regardless which ties into the theme of the movie that the Japanese government never resolves anything at most they just postpone the problem and pretend it went away.

oh yeah, even best boy himself said it's not over.

Here are some of the essentials.

Gojira (1954)
King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
Ghidora, the Three Headed Monster (1965)
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
Return of Godzilla (1984)
Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)
Godzilla vs. King Ghidora (1991)
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) Watch at least a few others before watching this one
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-out Attack (2001)
Godzilla (2014)

I love him so much

Reminder he did nothing wrong

This character was so fucking hilarious to me.

Are there any other Japanese movies that have basically the stock American foreigner from anime but in live-action?

Wrong chart dipshit.

I really wonder how many Japs in the audience were going "wow, such good english!"

YOU AGAIN!

Too much cutting, and some of the characters were too over the top.

I love the imagery and general urgency of the film but it could have been way better if Anno had partnered with another director to handle dialogue scenes.

he better not fuck up 4.0

>godzilla defeated by a delegation of a committee designed to enable a security framework to enable action to be voted upon
>decided to create a committee himself

when will American disaster movies put a sign language report about the disaster

see

>America: Uses Godzilla as an excuse to test weapons on the American population
>China: Chops pieces off Godzilla while it is still alive as food
>EU: Allows Godzilla to roam where ever it wishes, actively protecting it from other nations who want it dead

>india

She actually did a series of commercials advertising a "learn English" service before this film, so probably

> Actually manages to drive Godzilla,off with their collective stench