What happens here?

What happens here?

nothing. we're miserable. we hate our lives and drink ourselves to death. you'd hate it here
this winter we've had like 30 days where it's been below -17c. truly a horrible existence

Corn.
Cows.
Drug abuse.
Wheat.

absolutely nothing of consequence, flyover country in its purest form

>Iowa
Corn. Lots of corn. There's not a whole lot there.
>North Dakota
Middle of nowhere. Native Americans. Lots of fracking
>South Dakota
Corn, sunflowers, Mt. Rushmore
>Nebraska
Lots of nothing. Takes forever to drive across Dry as fuck. The aquifer in the western part of the state is gonna run out soon and fuck over a lot of farmers.
>Kansas
Lots of nothing. Similar to Nebraska.
>Montana
In the east, lots of nothing. In the west, mountains, skiing, backpacking. Very scenic and beautiful.
>Wyoming
Very sparsely populated. Dry as hell. Driven though it a couple times, you can't even find FM radio in long stretches. Yellowstone is in the NW corner of the state, though, which is pretty cool. Grand Teton is near Yellowstone, plus there's Jackson Hole and other mountains scatter throughout the state. I took pic related about 2 years ago, it's near the border with Colorado.
>Idaho
Also sparsely populated. Potato farms in the flatter part. Lots of Basque "muh heritage" in Boise, in fact a lot of people there still speak it. There's a fairly big white nationalist presence in the northern part of the state (buttfuck nowhere). A lot of it is just like in Napoleon Dynamite.

Big empty states full of Northern cowboys and nuclear missiles.

lived in kansas for a year
it was shit

alcoholism, opiod abuse, and relatively poor white people, at least MT/WY, southern Idaho seems better off

Kansas is pretty black around the missouri border

volcanos n sheeit

Replace sunflowers with natives and replace natives in ND with alcoholism and you're a done deal

The whole midwest just sucks, there's Chicago but IMO a city is pretty useless by my standards if there's nothing interesting outdoorsy nearby.

ND is the only state on that I've never been to. I just remember that when I drove through SD there were sunflowers everywhere.

I thought drug abuse was in the Midwest

A good chunk of that IS the midwest.

Anywhere rural

> tfw you'll never live a quiet life in the country

Kansan here, and those in red have lots of farming, also if you have questions about Kansas just ask
What part of Kansas?

>fracking
I've heard there's been a slow down lately, cause of oil prices and many workers from out-of-state are going home.
>You can't even find FM radio in long stretches
What about cellphone coverage? I think I would be scared to drive to places like that desu... They seem so alone and I'd probably be the only non-White person.
>There's a fairly big white nationalist presence
Why is that?

how do I get a loadsamoney oil job in the dakotas

Incest, zoophilia and heroin

I thought the Midwest was the region around the Great Lakes plus Iowa

Why didn't you like it?

basically this

What is Western Kansas like, I feel like most of the population lives in Eastern part? Do Wichita and Topeka feel like big cities? What happens in the counties next to Kansas City? Why are there so many Mexicans in the southwestern corner of the state?

Corn
Cows
Cow sexual abuse

>Cow sexual abuse
well it didn't look like it was hatin it
or whatever that quote is from the cop who caught the dude fucking a cow

>I've heard there's been a slow down lately
Yeah, OPEC purposely out-produced them, but there is still a lot with natgas IIRC. Not too familiar with it.

>What about cellphone coverage?
Pretty dead

>They seem so alone and I'd probably be the only non-White person.
I've heard hit or miss things about being non-white in a place like that. I'm white but to them I'm part of the "liberal urban elite."

>Why is that?
Tin foil hat wackos who want to avoid civilization congregate in places like that.

I'd say the Midwest is everything from Ohio to Nebraska and North Dakota to Kansas or Oklahoma. The great lakes midwest (where I'm from) is definitely a lot different from the great planes midwest (west of the mississippi).

>What is Western Kansas like, I feel like most of the population lives in Eastern part?
Well I'm from north central KS so I'm not totally in the barrens of the west but yes you are correct that much of the is east of the western part of the state.
>Do Wichita and Topeka feel like big cities?
I come from a rural area and haven't been to any major cities like Chicago so I don't know what you consider big, but the Wichita area has a bit over 600,000 people and my pic shows it has some multistory buildings. Haven't been to Topeka as much as Wichita so I can't comment.
>What happens in the counties next to Kansas City
Most are have the suburbs for the city, though KC is mainly in Missouri and a large part of the economic activity is across the state line.
>Why are there so many Mexicans in the southwestern corner of the state?
The 4 counties in the south west used to be owned by mexico, also some meat packing industry is around there

So what do you do in Kansas? Do you plan to move to a bigger city eventually or to another state? How are non-white people treated there?

Mexicans

Is there any name for the specific region I highlighted? Without Iowa.

Not outright but I'd say Great Plains + Prairies + Rockies

the dakotas, nebraska and kansas are still the midwest. if you want to break the midwest up you'd say those + iowa and most of minnesota are the great plains states while the eastern midwest are the rust belt states

>So what do you do in Kansas?
Right now I'm attending college at K-State, as for what others do, agriculture is a big part of our economy also Wichita has some aviation industry.
> Do you plan to move to a bigger city eventually or to another state?
Well after I get out of college ill go where the money is so probably I'll have to leave the state since the state economy is fucked because our former Governor was a fuck up and killed the revenue and forced budget cuts in the area that i'd probably be working in.
> How are non-white people treated there?
I wouldn't say bad, I'd say we are about average in regards to racism so we aren't deep south but we certainly aren't Sweden. Basically I don't see racism often but I'm white so you'd probably have to ask a POC Kansan for a better view

Oh, okay, thanks. I feel like it should have its own name desu, but they may be more different from each other that I imagine.
Why is Kansas and basically all the other states I highlighted (well, except for Iowa, kind of) so Republican? How religious is Kansas?
>POC Kansan
Kek, I think that's gonna take time to find here, what are the most common minority groups there?

The Rockies are a bit bigger. IMO They also include Colorado, Utah, and maybe northern New Mexico.