Sup Forums: Griffith, Stroheim, Flaherty, early Murnau

reddit: Tarkovsky, Bergman, Dreyer, Bresson

Sup Forums: shit
reddit: a slightly darker brown shit

If you don't like it, leave.

>Yeah, I''m a big film buff
>I've watched over 3000 movies...
>...on Netflix

Good taste! But I like Days Of Wrath a lot.

Bad taste! That's Dreyer's worst film

Why? Please expand on this, it's the only film by him that I consider great, passion of Joan gets mentioned everywhere as the best silent film but Foolish Wives is miles ahead imo.

It's pretty fucking dumb and melodramatic even for Dreyer

Surely you have some better criticism for it besides it being "dumb" right?

>Foolish Wives
not even the best film of 1922 let alone best silent flick

People like to pretend they genuinely enjoy Griffith just because "he made it all first".
Well yeah, but everyone after him executed it better.

If it isn't in your top 5 of 1922 idk what to tell you.

Surely you have some better justification for liking it besides "I like it a lot."

Watch more than 5 films from 1922 first.

>they're not available digitally

idk what to tell you

>People like to pretend they genuinely enjoy Griffith just because "he made it all first".
If that was genuinely the case, people would suck off Edwin S. Porter

So what you're saying is reddit likes poetic emotionally impacting visual storytelling while Sup Forums likes technical sterile gimmick show-offs?

reddit fell for the "film is an aesthetic medium" meme

I like him because he made great pictures that literally changed the medium, his films are humanistic and poetic, there's no reason not to like him, unless you have something against silents, but even the talkies are good, unless you don't like 30s Hollywood.
I've seen more than 5 films from 1922, vato.
I like Edwin S porter.
I have, actually, would you like to read it just so you can call it dumb?

what are your favorite Griffith films? where should I start with him?

Anybody that thinks Day of Wrath is Dreyer's best film has nothing worth reading.

Watch the Biographs, some of the shorts are excellent

His features, I think, are largely over-rated although he was a racist so of course he's beloved here

Start with Biographs. But really, if you've seen anything by him and are not convinced, that's a taste problem, and that can't be fixed.

Ok then hide my posts and continue being afraid of discourse.
Start chronologically, I guess it's more rewarding that way, I don't think any of hia films are not as essential as others, check out everything you can find, and if you can't find one, make a thread here and I'll see if I can help.
My favorites would be the greatest question, intolerance, the struggle, way down east and the one that really holds a place in my inner circuits is the mothering heart

Find me 1 instance of him being explicitly racist. Give me 1 good reason why niggers should be considered human.

ah thanks user, I'll ignore the shitposters and follow your advice, I'll start his filmography next week probably
cheers! its so hard to get answers like yours in this board lately

People like to pretend they genuinely enjoy Griffith just because "he made it all first".
Well yeah, but everyone after him executed it better.

So what you're saying is reddit likes poetic emotionally impacting visual storytelling while Sup Forums likes technical sterile gimmick show-offs?

>a big guy
>died because a Filpino boy was simultaneously blowing him and driving his car
Literally /ourguy/

>Sup Forums: Griffith, Stroheim, Flaherty, early Murnau

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Look jimmy, finger strengthener. It even comes in your favorite color!

>jew
No.

Meme aside, Andrei was our guy

what

Autism.

but why? It's funny that OP think Sup Forums is Griffith, Stroheim, Flaherty, early Murnau when people here only talk about capeshit, star wars and whatever is the flavor of the month

Back2reddit

You're a going to die the same fate as Griffith

Gods never die.

Sup Forums: GW Pabst, Rene Clair
Reddit: Busby Berkley

back2reddit is a great response to be honest, I didn't expect nothing but a buzzword on this board

What can you expect of someone who can only criticize films because they are "dumb".

>Rene Clair

Griffith is shit

Tell us why Day of Wrath isn't

It explicitly shows the demonization of mob mentality

>hasn't seen the flick
>acting like your word salad is anything new or special

>Sup Forums unironically liking a jew
Ahoy, reddit!

>I didn't expect nothing
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>It explicitly shows the demonization of mob mentality

Not me.

>I like him because he made great pictures that literally changed the medium, his films are humanistic and poetic, there's no reason not to like him

It ain't me

wow another great reply

Reddit is more your speed, son.

Griffith is reddit tho

No one's arguing that except this faggot

What about this?

It ain't me.

What about the OP you idiot?

nice buzzword, do you know another word little monkey?

IT HAS YOUR FUCKING FILENAME ON IT

KILL YOURSELF YOU AUTISTIC FUCK

Reddit is more your speed, son.

Alot of degenerate chubby/fit faggots talking shit

What type of cringe is this?

Sup Forums is trash
reddit is Alex Jones (trashier)