The Sopranos

The Sopranos really spoiled me for every other TV series, The Wire excluded. All the dramas besides them just feel so flimsy, so pathetic, so forced, so pretentious, and so vapid. I wind up following them all for a time until they either jump the shark or just get sick of how pandering and pathetic they feel, and just wind up rewatching The Sopranos again. Its got infinite rewatchability, I can just watch any episode any time and be absolutely satisfied, and it never felt forced or full of itself or shoddy. God, all the shows that followed it just feel like they are sadly and weakly trying to copy it in some way or another with a different frame, and doing it poorly. There really won't ever be another TV drama series that comes close, will there?

Nice

buzzwords and shitty pasta the post

Watch Mad Men. It's even better than The Sopranos.

Here are some shows that came close for me

>Mad Men (written by one of the writers of Sopranos)
>The Leftovers
>The Wire

It gets my vote for the greatest TV drama ever, and I'm not sure which would even come in distant second (I'm making my first run through Mad Men now).

I only finished watching it for the first time early this year and I've already started a rewatch. Just now watched The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti (S1E8). Everyone hypes College as the best S1 episode, but this one just has way too many gems:
>has possibly the first of the show's iconic dream sequences
>I must be loyle to my capo
>Melfi's family introduced
>Agent Harris introduced
>Chrissy and Georgie digging up Emil Kolar and finding his beard and nails kept growing
>Vito playing not-Vito in the bakery scene

We are for the maani.

this

Deadwood

Sopranos Season Rankings, go

5>3>2>6b>6a>1>4

Why season 4 at the end? Bare in mind I haven't seen seasons 5 and 6, but I see a lot of people putting season 4 at the bottom too.

Furio being fucked up by the writers, Meadow having few scenes and even fewer scenes that actually matter among some other things is my reasoning for it being the least good season of the show. Although the episode where they kill Ralph is one of my favourites.

t. different homo

Yeah, I get that. Furio and Carmela suddenly being in love kinda fell flat, and lack of Meadow was a detriment. Though Ralphie's death episode, and the Season finale were probably some of my favorites so far.

You mean shitty ziti

6>3>5>4>2>1

Best answer I can give you is I just couldn't justify putting it above any of the other seasons. Season 4 is still great television, and its season finale is one of the best eps of the show hands down IMO. "Christopher" is a notoriously bizarrely weak episode (though not without its moments), and I seem to remember the season dragging a bit between Ralphie's death and the finale.

I could see 6b higher than 3 and 5, but 6a also? Nah. If it weren't for the 1-2 punch of Join the Club and Mayham, 6a would be a lot closer to the bottom for me.

The Sopranos was the most underwhelming thing I've ever watched.

Mad Men is the GOAT show.
The Wire is very good until the end of season 3.

This must be bait. 4 is The Wire's best season.

Season 4 was the worst user. Patricians understand that it goes 2>3>1>4>5

Well said. I wouldnt change a bit of it, not even Vito and Johnnycakes

You know what they should make? The Sopranos: on ice

no and not anytime soon either.
noting comes close.
even the wire, for how good of a show it is, it can't hold a candle to the sopranos.
breaking bad and mad men are just vastly inferior memes, with the latter being utter re***t trash.

I thought you said 4 was the worst?

there's literally nothing more reddit than sopranos worship

No user you're just a stupid faggot

read this and just watched a random episode from season 3.

perfect fucking episode, the one with ralphie and tracee. you may very well be 100% correct, OP.

I didn't like how new members of the sopranos crew would appear and some would just disappear. Like that buff guy who Tony beats up after being shot. He disappeared soon after. Where did he go? Where did the fat guy come from? Why was Silvio turned into a cardboard cutout?