Buddy from Baby Driver

>His lover, Darling, gets killed because of Baby getting spooked and failed to do his job
>He later sees that the reason Baby compromised the job and the team is because of his love interest Deborah
>Meanwhile Baby gets to have his happily ever after with Deborah while Buddy and Darling are left rotting despite the stupid shit he did to the team

Buddy (and by extension, Darling), suffered the most in this movie, all because of Baby's stupidity and selfishness. This is the part of the movie that gets me. Apart from being a criminal and threatening Baby's and Deborah happiness, Buddy did nothing wrong. Not saying that what he did is justified but his anger at Baby certainly is.

Bats was a stupid nigger but at least he didn't fuck up the job to the degree that Baby did.

Baby pretty much paid for his happy ending with the blood of his colleagues that he betrayed (literally).

you learn everything you need to know about his character arc by examining his hair a little closer

Why the fuck did he cover for Bats? His bitch wants Bats dead, there is literally no reason for him to side with the nigger

Perhaps he wanted the money from the job, then they'd kill Bats. It's probably why he wasn't initially murderously mad at Baby for crashing the car.

What a lame ass movie

I was rooting for Buddy for the exact reasons you posted desu. I hated how the movie forced Baby as some sort of a hero at the end, while he was a criminal himself and didn't deserve to drive away in the sunset after just 5 years of chilling in prison.

Okay, so Baby overhears Buddy and Darling implying they might kill Bats. Then Bats proves himself to be an unstable psycho by killing the arms dealers. We've already established that Buddy has some sort of paternal or big brother-ish feelings towards Baby. So why doesn't Baby approach Buddy with his concern about Bats? They could've just worked out a solution without ruining the job.

o ew

not surprised though

darling died because she opened fire without being in cover on about 7-10 cops who were all behind cover and guns out. she was a fucking retard, that's a suicide move. baby did nothing wrong

This, Baby is a traitor and a snake.
>inb4 he was a good boi forced into this
He was already a thief before Doc met him.

It seemed to me like the cops were about to light up their new getaway car with Baby and Buddy in it. So she laid down fire to give them a better chance to escape.

They discuss this while Bats loots the gas station.

I don't think when people make movies they put that kind of thought into it.

better way to do that. get in the car behind the door and spray, get on the other side and spray, literally anything but what she did and she wouldnt have had 100% certainty of death

but also this

Yeah, well. She probably didn't think straight in a shootout with half the Atlanta PD. They were bank robbers, not ex-military. Except Buddy, who was John Wick for some reason.

>Doc threatens to kill Baby and his girlfriend if he doesn't work for him
>Baby tries to get out and then later purposely ruins the job and goes back to Doc for some reason
>for some reason Doc doesn't go after baby but gives him a whole bunch of money even though Baby gave him a death sentence among his criminal peers

This is what bothered me the most.

I think Doc was just bluffing. He was a father figure to Baby and didn't want to see him leave the business with this much talent. I don't think he would actually hurt him if push came to shove.

Anyway, who were the guys who came to kill him in the end? Were they associated with the corrupt cops?

the big black guy survived the shootout with bats, he was one of the corrupt cops. he was the one bats first recognized that tipped him off

Baby was the only member of the crew who wasn't some combination of psycho and maniac. His screwups got everyone killed but he never wanted to be there and if it weren't for their own instability it could have still worked out okay. Nobody's really a noble hero in Baby Driver but Baby easily has the strongest character of all of the criminals. He goes out of his way to avoid violence and only does what he does out of necessity and a passion for driving fast, in itself a victimless crime provided you're good at it. Bats got a kick out of killing people and was unstable as fuck while Buddy and Darling while not complete psychos were still capable of killing without remorse and seemingly got into violent crime by choice to fund their destructive and insane lifestyle.

I don't think Baby's intention was explicitly to ruin the job even though he did. I think he mostly did what he did to stop Bats. And Baby probably figured Doc would have abandoned his headquarters after the job went bad, and he was in the process of doing this when Babdy showed up. And he didn't go back 'for some reason'. He wanted his mother's tape.

He has a nine inch cock though.

Baby had a good heart, but he still drove around criminals. Hell, he was a car thief before he even ran into Doc. So while he wasn't a total psycho, he still had an inclination for crime. He quite obviously enjoyed running from the police and only got cold feet when things got messy.

Driving around and outmemeing cops on a freeway at night isn't too severe a crime. Maybe a bit manic but nothing comparable to willingly getting involved in regular bank robberies.

Must be fake. How the fuck does this not show more in lighting and shit?

True, but bank robberies generally go without casualties as well if everything goes according to plan. The guns are usually there for intimidation. So it was weird how Doc hired trigger happy madmen like Bats.

First heist team, best heist team.

>Betray your partners in a job that you fucked up
>Punishment is considered to be a slap on the wrist compared to the grisly fate that your partners got
>Gets to ride away in the sunset with your waifu

What kind of message is this