YOU'RE DOOMED

YOU'RE DOOMED

The child mentioned a check

This is Unironically my favorite Jim Carey movie AND my favorite Christmas movie.

>Santa, what's Christmas really about?
>VENGEANCE
every Fucking time

Dammit. This movie honestly has some good one liners that seep under your skin and make you laugh when you're not watching it.

>carving dat roast beast like

6:30, dinner with me. I can't cancel that again.

christmas kino

So why did Jim's movie work out but Mike's didn't?

The Grinch didn't violently beat any children to death with a baseball bat.

>Jim's movie worked

It's literally impossible for me to see this scene with him laughing and not burst out into laughter myself.

because critics deemed that movie would be the movie everyone would compete on to write the most critical review on that year, like how they do nowadays with Adam Sandler movies and the Emoji Movie, and unfortunately people believed them even thought this a is a comedic stroke of genius

It didn't really work. It was just more... watchable? Cat in the Hat had maybe three decent jokes, while The Grinch had a dozen or so.

Also, The Cat in the Hat had those two annoying children who couldn't act, while Cindy Lou Who was pretty adorable.

The Grinch's story just works a lot better in film than the Cat in the Hat.

>straight man poo

> You're the-the... the
> the, the the... THE GRINCH

Because the Grinch was an actual story with a plot arc, and the Cat in the Hat was a five minute bedtime book stretched into a feature length film

>"That's what it's all about, isn't it? That's what it's always been about. Spics. Spics. Spics spics spics spics spics spics spics! You wanna know what happens to those spics? They all come to me. In body bags. Do you see what I mean? In body bags! I could hang myself with all the drug-filled intestines I've found at the dump! And the addiction. The addiction never ends! "I want mushrooms, I want reefer, I want a brick of coke so I can do it twice, get hooked, and sell my body to buy more!". Look, I don't wanna make waves, but this whole war on drugs thing is, stupid, stupid, STUPID! There is, however, one teeny, tiny Mexican tradition I find quite meaningful...illegal immigration. Now pucker up and kiss it, ICE!"
>The Grinch proceeds to wipe his ass with the American flag while humming "De Colores" as the citizens of Who-Ville look on in terror

This movie was really ahead of its time.

>4 o clock: Wallow in self pity
>4:30: stare into the abyss
>6:30: dinner with me
>7 o clock: wrestle with my self loathing

This movie is not good. The Grinch was never meant to be a 95 minute cinematic experience. The 26 minute animated film was plenty and done way better. He didn't need a tragic backstory about where he came from and how he was picked on as a kid and the story itself didn't need stupid subplots like Molly Shannon trying to have the most lights on her house and a fucking pudding tasting competition. The distinct Dr. Seuss style with colorful, asymmetrical, crooked everything doesn't look right in live action either. It just looks like a mess, and the tiny people didn't look right either. I can't fault Ron Howard for this. The whole thing was doomed from the start.

>and a fucking pudding tasting competition

that was funnny tho

>this movie is not good

No one's saying it is user. But whether or not a film is enjoyable isn't directly related to how good it is

It's odd and unnecessary but you have to admit they got creative with it. I liked the makeup, effects and comedy.

I'm just saying they were never going to touch the animated film from 1966 and there was no point in trying, and not only did they try anyway but they did it all wrong.

Cat... easy on the hat

Whoah, Cindy Lou Who looks like THAT?

Yup. And all her music is objectively garbage

>JURY DUTY, JURY DUTY, JURY DUTY, PINKSLIP, CHAIN LETTER, EVICTION NOTICE, JURY DUTY...
learned what all of those were from this kino

I was sad to see what she became when she grew up. She tries so hard to be edgy with her image and it's just embarrassing, and her rock band is generic 2000's style hard rock. I've heard she's an arrogant bitch too, looking down on people like she's so smart and creative. Just an unpleasant person through and through.

1. Grinch has more interesting world and setting
2. Jim Carey (and the other characters) are a million times more charismatic and funny
3. Grinch has far better subplots and themes

Cat in the Hat is a fine book, but this film is weird and forgettable.

mfw I saw her perform live near me

I unironically enjoy The Pretty Reckless and think she has a good voice

She does try way too hard to be edgy but she cleans up well at least. Can't comment about how she supposedly is as a person but it doesn't impact my opinion of her music or how much i'd like to berry muh dick

Why didnt you save her?

you just know

FOR THESE DUBS?!

IT'S BECAUSE I'M GREEN, ISN'T IT?