What does Sup Forums know about the Franco-Prussian War?

What does Sup Forums know about the Franco-Prussian War?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sedan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Paris_(1870–71)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_the_Marne
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We don't talk about it.
Delete this thread now please

I don't.
Gimme a quick rundown pls

>Germans absolutely embarrass the French

that's it

Lucky cunts.

Just another day for the French army then

>they can't poo in loo
>they can't shit on street
>therefore they shit on us

Oh, it for sure set the precedent of absolute cowardice and incompetence that the French would follow for the next one and a half century

we lost
cryevertiem

Hey, the French army shat itself. Don't be mean to me :(

france stopped being an empire and germany became a thing

>WWII = one and a half century

The Prussians beat up France, took Paris in a siege, and forced them to cough up Alsace-Lorraine. The Second Empire fell and was replaced by the Third Republic. And that's pretty much it.

Short version:
>Prussia wanted to unite Germany but Catholic Germans weren't enthusiastic about it
>Prussia publishes a modified letter from Spain that enraged the French and baited them to attack the Germans
>Prussians claim only they can protect the German people
>Prussia and rest of Germans defeat the French
>Prussia proclaims the German Empire

just another mistake of the 19th century

Spawned this beauty

An irrelevant nation who has been gangraped by all of its neighbours as no business talking down on the nation that fought in Austerlitz or Verdun.

>Netherlands
>Irrelevant

To answer OP's question, I really enjoy studying this war. Moltke the elder has always been a role model for me.

Coming from the nation that le surrendered in the 20th century so often that they ran out of white flags

They are, they could have been in the 1600's but lost the colonial game.
We surrendered to the same army you surrendered to, and we lost our colonial possession just like you did.
The difference is we actually have the greatest military history in the world and the greatest country while you live in an irrelevant god forsaken place. Enjoy your shit food, shit weather, shit culture, shit language and shit landscapes, there's a reason you all come here in droves while the only people who goes to Holland is so they can smoke weed and fuck prostitutes.Well done.

You surrendered as well.

you seem very upset, I guess the truth hurts, but you could always just do like a frenchman and simply close your tabs and le surrender to me

I am upset toothpaste, because i'm proud of my country and rightfully so, you wouldn't understand, you need to have something to be proud of other than being the whorehouse of Europe to understand.

if you're so proud of your country as you claim, then why don't you accept your country's most famous and beloved preoccupations, i.e. surrendering?

>you need to have something to be proud of
So being the financial powerhouse of Europe in the 17th century and fighting ff the Spaniards and Louis the XIV's army is nothing to be proud of?

Also, Madurodam is really cool

Netherlands and France are both great nations, no need to talk shit about each other

What ww1 western front would've been like if the BEF didn't save the day on the western flank in the miracle of the marne.

France under Louis XIV constantly fucked Netherlands' shit up.

The day the Roman Empire collapsed

We were in quite the pickle, since we were in the middle of a massive army reform but the Prussians were quickly uniting all the German states and we needed to at least try to stop them.

The French infantry were armed with the modern Chassepot rifles while the Prussians were carrying almost 30 year old Dreyse needle guns. However, superior Prussian generalship as well as the excellent Krupp breechloading artillery carried the day.

*Königgrätzer Marsch Plays Loudly*
heh nothing personal kid

Not really since if the Germans had taken Paris in 1914, the war probably would have ended pretty quickly without the horrifying trench stalemate for three years. Hundreds of thousands of lives might have been saved.

All I know is that we can all happily agree that pr*ssia is dead and buried. It was a literal cancer of a nation.

I will never agree on anything with a stupid Pole, your nation shouldn't exist.

>Weichsel
disgusting
absolutely disgusting

Also thank greatest liberator for giving you Ostprussia and expelling all of its German population as a free present in 1946.

fuck off colgate

It's badly written but that's basically what I said.
In the franco-prussian war the germans advanced into france fighting a series of battles until a large french army was defeated at Sedan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sedan
After that the germans marched to paris and layed siege to it winning the war.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Paris_(1870–71)
In the first months of the western front the battles were similar to that war until this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_the_Marne
Halted the advance of the German Army.
My comment is meant to be a tongue in cheek nationalist reference to the participation of the relatively small 250,000 BEF force in that battle.

That frogs got btfo

We're the ones who invited germs to Prussia in the first place, so it makes perfect sense to correct that mistake.
>as a free present in 1946.
>free
We've lost almost entire Kresy along with Wilno and more importantly Lwów, a cultural center comparable Cracow. So there was nothing "free" about this deal.