bigfinish.com/news/v/torchwood---series-5---cover-art-and-synopses-revealed

Last series:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5dZhWimfzc
doctorwhotv.co.uk/your-verdict-on-jodie-whittakers-casting-86080.htm
amazon.com/Doctor-How-Illegal-Aliens-Book-ebook/dp/B00IWC40JK
youtube.com/watch?v=IXuDbRgyZSA
youtube.com/watch?v=qK8t4H5BKOk
docs.google.com/document/d/1-unI1jJ596CzLgsVKu1DdwtsH5uXRnUckf-CGVFqRrQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doctor Whore

I'm glad they're coming back to Cardiff.
Show jumped the shark when they got to Miracle Day. I really want to like this but I don't know how they'll handle progressive BBC.

Also, the poster looks like shit. Nothing new.

>I really want to like this but I don't know how they'll handle progressive BBC.
It's a Big Finish production you stupid boardie

which version of the majestic tale is the best one and why it's Capaldi's

it's objectively the original
capaldi's is just decent. sounds too messy and like an unfitting mashup to be the best

dr whomst

Objectively wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=S5dZhWimfzc

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH

I can't get over it with this guy, seriously

My favourite detail was user thinking it was "the poster" when it's actually the cover art.

Sam thing tbqh.

holy JUST

that looks so bad

My name is Girly Letters and you will respect me

tbf they're right about it being shit though

www dot facebook dot com slash andrea.laford?fref=nf

No-one cares.

> BF: How involved was Russell (T Davies, creator of Torchwood)? We’ve mentioned before that Russell oversaw it and loved it. But to what level do we get Russell’s input in this new series?

>JG: Russell has managed to be the most enthusiastic back seat driver imaginable. When we started we had meetings with Titan so that their comic series will tie up with this new series (which it will). We told Russell our plans and he said: "This is all lovely, but how about..." It's brilliant, as we're able to email writers with a document about the series and they go “Wait - this document is written by Russell!".

>Some of the thoughts that Russell had are things we would never dare do. Big Finish normally (rightly) has a custodial duty to the brands it licences - take them interesting, amazing places but, at the end of the day, return them to the garage without a scratch. With Aliens Among Us, Russell’s approach is “Drive it off a cliff! Bring them back, kill them off...” Some of the stuff to come is really shocking.

>This series is ambitious, even by Big Finish's standards! This is a full series of 12 hour-long episodes, and Russell has been instrumental in creating all the fun bits of the puzzle. He’s been so hands on. Answering emails, discussing casting options with Scott… he went to see one of the cast in a play they were touring in, and told us “Oh yes, great choice”. It’s amazing to have Russell over our shoulders. Amazing and scary.

Quelle dommage!

Torchwood: outside the government, beyond the police. The twenty-first century is when everything changes. And you've got to be ready.

This is my Shit Trips contribution please do not steal.

DWSR: outside the set, beyond the internet. The twenty-first century is when everything changes. And you've got to be ready.

So RTD is back for this?

In an advisory role. He didn't actually write any episodes or anything.

doctorwhotv.co.uk/your-verdict-on-jodie-whittakers-casting-86080.htm
wew
e
w

thanks for posting this, I've been trying to remember what his book series was called for a while
turns out his website is down now though

amazon.com/Doctor-How-Illegal-Aliens-Book-ebook/dp/B00IWC40JK
there's a preview of the book here

So they showed 3 polls with three completely different results? Makes sense.

>52%
Well, if it was good enough for Brexit...

3 polls asking 3 different questions. It's interesting to see that while 46.5% said they were for a female doctor, only 13% wanted 12 to be a female one year prior. Either there was a huge shift in opinion or more people are okay with it in theory rather than wanting it to actually happen

Or the polls are unscientific and have far too small a sample size to be useful to draw any accurate conclusions from

youtube.com/watch?v=IXuDbRgyZSA

Is he right, /who/?

do you think he even watches doctor who?

He was right to stop watching Doctor Who, but wrong to think his reason for doing so or the point at which he did matters.

Scaroth reporting in.

youtube.com/watch?v=qK8t4H5BKOk

Doctor How story for shit trips?

>Can't quite look at the camera

He's wrong about everything.

>tfw we never got a wilf/12 old man adventure

kek is this the guy that hated the smith era because people who made fun of him for liking doctor who in the past liked it now

>Not at least waiting to see the show without Moffat

Fuckin' spaz.

>series 3
>the best of nuwho
this has to be bait right?

I didn't watch, but Doctor Who is garbage.

I remember when Smith was still The Doctor and people used to say the show went downhill went Tennant left and now with Capaldi Tennant and Smith got lumped together and now people say the show went downhill when Smith left.

It's a weird series, a lot of the episodes are individually very strong, but the arc doesn't work great, and 10/Martha's chemistry/relationship really doesn't work well, so it's easy to not remember well even though a lot of the episodes are great. Certainly wouldn't say it's the best of the RTD era though, let alone NewWho, but I could see how someone would.

(I haven't even watched the video and am just chucking out random thoughts on s3)

This, it's the opposite of most nuWho because it's poor cast chemistry, but great episodes, where most other series goes in the other direction or is good or bad at both

Yeah, I think it's easier to be okay with it in theory but seeing it in front of you will make you unhappy, coupled with the usual hate over a new Doctor

>there will never be more dalekino

Why is that Dalek wearing bondage gear?

he is the time CONTROLLER after all

still really mad they didnt name that one planet that looks like gallifrey, galiifrey.

Not kino at all. Mediocre filler.

Isn't Miranda Raison, Tallulah from the New York Dalek episodes?

She's a different character in this right?

We had cybermen wearing gimp masks this year, the show is going down a really weird route

Yeah. I think having Tallulah as a companion would be going a bit far even for BF.

What's this in reference to?

What the fuck

>mfw moffat only ever cast white companions

>What is Bill?

*teleports behind u*

Photoshop was a mistake

remember when barrowman said moffat was blocking a torchwood revival

I remember Moffat coming out and stridently denying it as well. Another instalment in the saga of JUST Barrowman.

Is it just me or are the Sycorax just a more tribal sontarans?

And then Moffat publicly said he had no idea what Barrowman was talking about, BTFOing him completely? Yeah I remember.

Doctor Who is dead.

yup. barrowman didn't even apologize for spreading lies, just cowered away. classy guy.

pics plox

He was always more of a sub anyway

Hey guys, I think I've finished the final draft of my 4th doctor/George Lucas story for shit trips.

I added a bit more humor, and changed the title to reference an obscure comic called TV ACTION! Where the doctor walks onto the set of people filming Doctor Who. As such I buried some actual tom baker quotes in to pay some homage to that and tie everything together.

docs.google.com/document/d/1-unI1jJ596CzLgsVKu1DdwtsH5uXRnUckf-CGVFqRrQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Let me know if you guys can think of any last minute changes before Immigrant sees it. Feedback is appreciated.

tfw we never got to see missy conquer gallifrey

Hey guys I know we all enjoy talking about Doctor Who but something more important has happened

Donald Tr

are they finally going to reveal how he beat the satan?

dubs and trump resigns

ump has committed treason against our great count

Hell Bent is a good episode.

ry. He was not legitimately ele

Hell Bent is pretty shit

the doctor falls is better than heaven sent

my

balls

they

its certainly up there

no its at 3pm tomorrow

itch

dubs and heaven sent was shit and overrated episode boring boring SKIPPABLE filler

what is he announcing?

don't know

dubs and capaldi is a shit actor

Is Chris confirmed for never coming back to Doctor Who?

> digging out Eve myles for a big finish shit
> using a 11 year old picture of John barrowman
Wew

>force Earth to accept an alien species on the planet because you feel guilty about your past
>force them into a treaty and ceasefire
>aliens break it and start killing people
>kill a lot of UNIT soldiers and other people
>almost stat total war
>ah ah, it's all forgiven! because I am the Doctor and I destroyed my whole planet except I didn't!
>also did you know this is the 15 time this situation happened?
Fuck this episode and fuck the Doctor

barrowman is self conscious about how grey he's gotten

What episode was this?

>Waiting for the event to go live

What did they mean by this?

he's announcing that he's gonna go to war with britain unless TV's Doctor Who gets cancelled

that they're making sure the cameras are working and that the teleprompt doesn't fuck up

Zygon inversion

Trump boutta announce the troclafane and get executed on live TV

giant martha will save us

delet this