It's a Columbo thread

>it's a Columbo thread

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/14/peter-falk-cia-merchant-navy-food-tales
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ah, thank you sir
>BUT JUST ONE MORE THING

>No he's not under arrest. You are...

>it's a Columbo has no evidence and he entraps the alleged killer with legally dubious practices episode

>Oh thank you Sir, thank you but I have to be getting back to Mrs Culumbo... but.. there's just one thing I don't understand...

>thank you sir thank you, my wife loves you.. thank you... oh just one more thing sir.. why.. does the killers dna that was found at the crime scene, also match your dna? i cant quite get my head around that one sir...

fl
Fuck Alzheimer's

>It's a "Colombo only has circumstantial evidence at best, but the criminal admits they did it anyway" episode

That's why he was the fucking master

Columbo was a wraith summoned by the LAPD to solve high profile crimes.
There is no other way to explain it.

comfiest tv show I have ever watched

I cloned myself in order to build an army. They went rogue.

Accurate.

>tfw finding out he only had his famous shiggy look because he had a glass eyeball

What's with the recent Columbo threads? I've seen a couple in the past few days.

>it's a "the guilty guy starts friendly but slowly starts hating Columbo until he can't suffer him anymore" episode

:(

That was pretty much every episode

So an episode of Columbo

You never wondered why it never moved?

Favorite murder?

>Sir, one thing confuses me. We have video of you killing the man at 6:10 PM, but you said you were eating dinner at 6 PM. How can that be?

First episode best episode. It seemed like the original plan was that columbos wife wasn't real and his dumb guy schtick was entirely fake. But as the show goes on the writers make the wife real and make columbo actually just a goof. Still a comfy show.

Rosebud

I always assumed his eye was focused on justice

I want a Netflix series with Mark ruffalo as Colombo solving crimes iin San Francisco or los angeles

I've seen it go the other way too sometimes.

The murderer hates the overly intrusive detective at first, but the more they realise just how smart Columbo actually is, the more they come to respect him.

That give me a good lauf, Thanks.

I don't.

I think Columbo always played up his eccentricity. It throws people off, because when they see this weird shaggy goofball, they just assume he's a God damn moron most the time. Columbo constantly uses that to his advantage.

>it's a criminal admits to the crime because Columbo keepn on bothering him episode

Is all of columbo good or should I start at a certain point?

>it's a Columbo gets mad at the murderer episode

Leonard nimroy as the surgeon.
Only ep where columbo gets angry.

Yeah I just think that towards the beginning of the series he was more calculating & using the schtick to his advantage but as the series goes on he becomes more of an actual goofball.

Might as well start at the beginning, it's a fairly steady series.

That could actually make a decent cop show. Something in a horror/comedy genre.

It's a detective procedural. There are no hanging threads, and every episode is stand alone.

Pick a random season, random episode and watch. Most of them are pretty decent, a few D's, but all comfy.

The later ones where Peter Falk is old and grey often get into retarded territory though. At least in my opinion.

from the beginning

I didn't care much of the later episodes made in the early 2000's, later 90's, but other than that, I'd say pick anything prior to that.

did he really have a glass eye? i thought he had some forest whitaker thing going, lazy eye or something.

Yeah, the much later -- near the end -- episodes aren't that good. When it got rebooted in 89, the episodes were still great, though.

first episode was directed by spielberg

Fucking newfags don't know how these threads work. Lurk more or get the fuck out.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/14/peter-falk-cia-merchant-navy-food-tales

Are you okay user? What is at all newfag about that?

>Columbo thread puristfag

Take your medicine gramps.

the formula basically never changes, its all good except for maybe the very last few episodes when hes so old and can barely speak.

Well fuck you then cuckold

good eye then because i never suspected and i watched all episodes

I liked him better when he was a gruff Japanese high school student interested in marine biology.

This makes me sad and scared

>that Columbo reference out of nowhere in the hotel episode
Actually got me. How big was Columbo in Japan? I've heard that story that the emperor wanted to meet him when he visited the US but I'm pretty sure it's bullshit

Yeah, he got dementia and literally forgot he ever played Columbo.

Don't be, if you were that far gone you wouldn't know about it anyway.

>Mr.Mayor, the police is asking to dig up a large portion of that large estate north of the city. It's going to cost a lot and they probably won't find anything.
>Why are you bothering me with that, the answer is no.
>It's Colombo, Sir.
>Oh...just do it then.

What else could Colombo get away with because of his reputation alone?

Elaborate setups where the whole police force was staging a play in benefit of catching a killer.

Reminds me of the episode where he completely blew off his weapon proficiency test, and it was other cops who helped him get away with it.

How many episodes featured a white male as the criminal vs a black man?

>Eh just one more thing you fuckin Irish mick bastard

Wow I knew there's bad blood between Italians and Irish but was that OK on television back then?

He was also remarkable as Ramos Clemente.

Any apparent similarity to real persons is not intended by the author and is either a coincidence or the product of your own troubled imagination!

It's sad how predatory photographers are.

t. Jango

>tfw mods didn't give sticky

Did Columbo also have a glass eye, or did Peter Falk's glass eye play the part of a real, healthy eye? Because if it was the latter it wasn't a very good performance 2bh.

Columbo vs kolchak
Who win?

Did he ever fire his gun?

desu I never notice his eye but I guess i'm not really looking

>that ending when they bust into the operating room
so good

Columbo had a glass eye, he mentions it offhand one time that he only has one eye

Favourite Columbo villain? Mine is probably Louis Jourdan

>Mark ruffalo as Colombo
Fuck off.

No.

>Murder by the Book
>Columbo is out played by the villain
>can figure out who the killer is but can't gather the evidence to make his case
>the second murder at the lake is sloppy but he still can't get the evidence to lock him up
>defeated, returns to the widow in order to make one last hail mary before he gets taken off the case
>no big reveal, no eureka moment, he just asks her to talk all night to give him a clue
>he returns to the office to search one last time and finds the decisive piece of evidence because he worked hard and didn't give up, not because of an epiphany and leap of logic
>even his final assessment of the murderer was wrong, Columbo thought he wasn't smart enough to plan the first murder, even though he actually did

Why is Columbo so much fucking better than other fictional detectives who just make wild leaps of logic that are always right? Columbo isn't just a super genius, he actually feels like he struggles at times and deserves his wins. He doesn't have super powers and relies on mind games and back and forths with the murderer instead of coming up with clues from thin air. It's almost as if he's a smart character written by smart writers...

I agree. That would be a travesty.

I don't care much for Ruffalo as a person but he can pull off the look and do the mannerisms (or so he says) and he actually wants to play the role so I'd be fine with it.

a real human bean

He almost did in "No Time to Die".

If Columbo himself committed the would-be perfect murder, is there anybody who could catch him out?

I'm impressed that threads for such an old show always manage to be fairly popular.

Curious, has anyone seen a successful MASH thread on Sup Forums? I love that show and would like to discuss it.

I think Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes are basically about that.

Poirot already did that story.

Stop being a fag and just make a thread if you want to talk about something.

You can't really take anything Araki does as representative of Japan as a whole. He just loves a lot of non-Japanese stuff (hence all the music references) so it stands to reason he would enjoy Columbo.

that's the episode where the murderer is the head of the local mensa chapter or something right?

If it's not successful I have to wait fifteen minutes before I can start a new thread about something else so I'd rather know it's gonna be successful.

how many fucking threads do you want to create exactly?

how the fuck did he look so much like any spic leader

i'd talk about M*A*S*H with you desu

Quality rises to the top occasionally, even on Sup Forums.

>and make columbo actually just a goof

what did he mean by this?

He was always a silly goofball but in the beginning it was more of a calculated act and later the writers forgot or abandoned this and just made that his actual character. Unless you are implying something else. I don't speak meme.

he was a real friend

You've never been in a Coumbo thread before, which probably means you are a newfag.

>Why is Columbo so much fucking better than other fictional detectives who just make wild leaps of logic that are always right?
There are episodes like that. The episode with the private security guy is retarded.

>Coumbo

If Columbo ever did get remade it would be a forgettable bro-tier comedy.