Wolf Warriors 2

>$226M in it's first 6 days in china.

Chinese nationalist propaganda or just a good movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

shanghaiist.com/2015/12/09/monster_hunt_accused_of_fraud.php
indiewire.com/2017/06/china-box-office-fraud-mpaa-phony-ticket-sales-film-industry-1201847763/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yo can a nigga get a link

These Chinese are known to falsely inflate their box office collection cume. There was an article in this issue,I don't remember the website.
Move on, nothing to see here.

im from China, and I can testify China has never made one decent movie

Good for Jacky Wu

>quitting
>the king of masks
>devils on the doorstep
>happy times
>blind shaft

these are pretty good my dude

There are some good chinese movies but chinese do not take themselves that seriously most of the time

I lived in Shanghai for half a year (came back beginning of this year) and I can honestly say that many Chinese are pretty pleb when it comes to TV shows and movies in general. Thing is though, the whole population works its ass off all day and just can't put so much time in watching movies and shows. Fuck, most people watched that shitty Ice Fantasy GoT show while going to work in the Shanghai Metro, that's really all you need to know. There's no deeply rooted movie analysis culture like there is in the west and I feel like Chinese therefore have a lot more fun while watching movies and shows

Would you agree that giving Hong Kong back to China killed the Hong Kong film industry?

I've heard stories of cinemas giving out free tickets to inflate the numbers. There are maybe a few good Chinese movies but most times they must have a feel-good ending and tone to not be censored.

>giving out free tickets

where the fuck does that happen though? even in Shanghai, I never paid more than 4-5 euros for a 3D movie. Shit is inexpensive, even for big city standards

shanghaiist.com/2015/12/09/monster_hunt_accused_of_fraud.php

indiewire.com/2017/06/china-box-office-fraud-mpaa-phony-ticket-sales-film-industry-1201847763/

China is a big place. Shit could happen in Bumfuck, Nowhere. It's less likely in the big citties foreigners usually go to, since those are managed directly by the central government.

>implying Hollywood doesn't fudge numbers and hide advertising cost

B-BUT DEM DANG SNEAKY CHINAMEN

I'll throw in
> a touch of sin
> in the heat of the sun

In the Heat of the Sun may be too Sinocentric for most, but if you want the true Chinese kino watch
>west of the tracks

Bullshit. The chinks made some decent films like Big Trouble in Little China.

I hate china, but some of their wire-fu movies are good.

to be fair, it wasn't that long ago that china was almost exclusively starving rice farmers. You can't really expect them to go from zero to high art in a generation.

The monthly Fantasy/Romance show routine has been around for a while

seems kinda legit but I assume the same happening all over the world too, especially with mainstream movies

>I hate china, but some of their wire-fu movies are good.

why would you hate a country you have never been to? it's actually really awesome, especially if you're a foreigner

Desu is...is this a joke??

You know how the rules are. It's OK when America do it but it's wrong when someone else do it. From nuclear weapons to protect the national companies

their kung fu movies can be top tier sino kino.