Your favourite movies with Christian themes?

Your favourite movies with Christian themes?

SHADILAY! XD

Unironically, Nacho Libre. Also Ordet

The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ
GingerDead Man 2: The Passion of the Crust
Zombie Jesus!
Fist of Jesus
Lucifer
Legion
Gay Jesus
Corpus Cristi: Playing With Redemption

This, but unironically.

Nacho Libre was a beautiful film

Batman vs Superman

Silence.

Fireproof

soul surfer

>actually watching modern christian cinema that refuses to do big budget epics
brb gotta throw up

The Reluctant Saint is catholic kino

sup reddit

I'm not reddit, I just prefer historical fiction over sermons in a car.

You know that's actually pretty solid. It makes a lot of sense too at the end of the film. Remember how they play Religious Man at the end when he's winning? It's a callback to when the song is played at the very beginning. At the beginning, Nacho is forced to enter the service of the institutionalized religion, which does allow him to help the orphans, but in a limited capacity. In the movie, its established that he clearly has a real concern for the orphans, but is constrained by his position from doing anything that can cause a real positive change for them ("Maybe it's time I get a different duty!"). Now consider this Bible verse, James 1:27:
>Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
Nacho clearly understands this verse, because he struggles with dealing with his God-given passion for wrestling weighed against the worldly environment the Luchadores exist in. That's why it's so important that Nacho learns not to wrestle for his own gain, but to provide for the orphans. He puts his own physical well-being on the line to give them a better chance, and remains undefiled by the materialistic Luchador culture. That's why they play Relgious Man at the end again, because now the lyrics are 100% true - Nacho is a "Real Religious Man" for his selfless act.

But what about the new Ben-Hur
And that one with Ralph Fiennes' brother
Or if you still consider it modern the Mel Gibson one

>headscarf
>christian

lol she's probably muslim

also Yahweh is a deceitful schizophrenic fraud deity

Ida
The Three Colors Trilogy

>new Ben Hur
Didn't see lol
>Ralph Fiennes brother
Do you mean Luther? Because that actually was a good movie, as it taught christians that it is better to question than to remain blind and ignorant
>Passion of the Christ
Yeah I guess it was ok. Aside from Judas' story and a whole lot of gore it didn't do anything new.

Andrei Rublev
The Gospel According to St. Matthew
Dersu Uzala
The Tree of Wooden Clogs
Wild Strawberries

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

I didn't notice any Christian themes in the Three Colors Trilogy...

Boondock Saints.

>ywn taint her precious little untouched Christian butthole with your tongue

Feels bad man.

Hacksaw Ridge

woah, I though I was the only one who saw those old saint movies. There was this old movie about don bosco, I remember it being good, but it was so long ago I could be wrong.

It was in White I believe, a subtle but symbolic scene.

Toy Story

giv pure gf

Signs

Constantine
Chronicles of Narnia
Fraility

Zeffirelli's Jesus of course, followed by popekino with jude law and the remake of "the house"

Well, it's not one of my favorite films, but the speech in 'The Tree of Life' where the wife explains the difference between the path of Nature and Grace really stuck with me.

>The nuns taught us there were two ways through life - the way of nature and the way of grace. You have to choose which one you'll follow.

>Nature only wants to please itself. Get others to please it too. Likes to lord it over them. To have its own way. It finds reasons to be unhappy when all the world is shining around it. And love is smiling through all things.

>Grace doesn't try to please itself. Accepts being slighted, forgotten, disliked. Accepts insults and injuries.

Kingdom of Heaven or Silence

Was alright desu don't know why it has so much hate around it.

Did it feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series?

beautiful

So, is it true that all Protestant Christian movies are hogwash for the masses? Your "God's Not Dead", "Heaven is for Real" and whatever Kirk Cameron latest project is?

Huh.

Well maybe I need to watch it again.

The VVitch

Patrician right here

My favorite part about the ending is that he stays at the monastery. If it had been another lame comedy he and the love interest both would have left and broken their vows so they could get married

Cant get any more christian than this movie.

I'd argue that Red has some Christian values too

"No!"

Sure. I don't hold any religious beliefs but I appreciate the values and beauty in Catholic/Orthodox film.

no, but it did feature Viggo as Satan

Jesus christ, kys

Good can't exist without evil to oppose it.

You're one of those "but God does nothing therefore he doesn't exist". What really throws a wrench in the Atheist mindset is that if God doesn't exist, then you're merely letting these bad things happen.

Hitchens, Harris, etc. These faggots have done nothing to rid the world of man-made suffering. They merely turn around and justify it by proclaiming determinism and subjective morality.

Meanwhile Conservatives donate the most money to worthwhile causes.

sup reddit

Ordet