English is truly the muttest language

Why this mutt language became the Lingua Franca of the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

wold.clld.org/
degruyter.com/view/product/41172
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_words_of_Basque_origin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This figure means French have huge advantages to learn English tres bien.

Really make me think

There are no "pure" language

*ahem*

Yes Huang I'm sure 100% of Chinese words are Han Chinese in origin

>Why this mutt language became the Lingua Franca of the world?
Pretty sure it's the other way around. Wh*toids colonised everyone and now everyone speaks english making it a mutt language

sure there is no "pure" language but at least other languages adapt the foreign words until they look like native ones, unlike english treating french words like they're scared and not adapting them to their language, making the awful phonetic system of the english language even MORE complicated and arbitrarial

Kind of, I think that the fact that they use two different systems (one romance the other germanic) make the language still difficult to learn

English was like that even 200 years ago

This

t. 58% romance

Nah English evolved so much that if you build a time machine and talk with a native English speaker in the past, you won't understand shit.

Wasted quints, fucking hell

Depends how far in the past you go you retarded poo, you'd be fine until you hit around 16000's

>16000

Middle English is not that different
Old English is

That's not an excuse for replacing half your vocabulary with loanwords. Just because everyone has sinned at some point does not mean we should not strive to be righteous.

It's half in the sense that it's half of the entire English language. But I don't think you realise just how big the English language is.

Not bigger than any other widely spoken language.

bump

>Loanwords exist
wow

wold.clld.org/
degruyter.com/view/product/41172

>spaniard thinks english phonetics are complicated
kek

Ziur al zaude?

This. Also most langauges are pure in the sense of all of them coming from PIE
Seriously I got picked on by /k/ for spelling faux as foe. Like fuck you guys I don't speak French so why do you expect me to pronounce French words (that even have accent marks) in English.

Yes other countries try to adapt, edcept Greek which just does a direct translation into Greek. Like their words for police and football.

YOUR MOM

Interesting
Good job

>Also most langauges are pure in the sense of all of them coming from PIE
???
Italian is "purer" than english

No, it isn't.

Drop your keyboard paki

After coming out with a whopper like that I expected you to put up a bit more of a fight. Sad.

What's the point to discuss with a shitposter?
If you are smart enough you already know the answer, don't you?

Ur like a little baby.

Watch this

Do you have this chart for other language as well?
Interesting case of study Hungarian tho

bump

>implying english isnt the major language with the most ambiguous and inconsistent phonetical rules for written words

>Seriously I got picked on by /k/ for spelling faux as foe
You should. That's awful

because its a mutt language? is it only windowlickers and ironic shitposters visit this fucking board?
thats exactly the point, more ppl can speak it more easily

This one is Estonian. THEIR language is over 50% Finno-Ugric.

Bastards.

there is not even a correlation between "how mutt" a language is and how many people speak it, see

because the 2 things are 2 different things you dumb junglegypsie

When did colonisation begin again?

Germanized. Btw, same applies to the North Germanic language that have at least 25% Low German vocabulary from Hanseatic times.

Mandarin is basically a Chinese-Manchu mutt language that the Manchus created to administer the empire when they conquered China, enslaved all the Chinese men, and raped all the Chinese women.

>the muttest language
the absolute state of this board

>why is this language made up of the most aspects from parts of the whole world the most important language in the world?

>Mandarin is basically a Chinese-Manchu mutt language that the Manchus created to administer the empire when they conquered China, enslaved all the Chinese men, and raped all the Chinese women.

>>Mandarin is basically a Chinese-Manchu mutt language that the Manchus created to administer the empire when they conquered China, enslaved all the Chinese men, and raped all the Chinese women.

what

>little to no latin

Different pronunciation and different denotation/connotation. Not to mention different grammar. So not really.

So whats their excuse then

>tfw we don't have a chart like this

80% of your language's vocabulary is from Spanish right?

They don't need it.

uwu

Yeah but what can you do.

> 80% of Spanish vocab is of Spanish origin
You mean Latin?

It's exactly because it can absorb so much from other languages that it is easy to learn.
On languages, purer = worse

Definitely not. In fact, Spanish has more Basque loanwords than the other way round and many words you would think are Spanish are actually of Basque origin.
>Basque
>Spanish
Get a history book and a map, Luigi.

I didn't even mention Basque, tf you talking about Paco

¿qué palabras vascas hay en el español?

>pajeet
>dusre zubaano se 'mutt' kehte ho jaise tumhari apni rashtriya bhaasha farsi-arabic aur sanskrit ka ek bara gangbang nahi hai

smhtbh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_words_of_Basque_origin
Basque is also responsible for Spanish having 5 vowels only (least amount of vowels in a Romance language along with Sardinian) and also some old verb conjugations.

Two global superpowers with far-reaching influence spoke English, one after the other. The United Kingdom conquered much of the world and spread its language and culture through imperialism, and the United States used its massive economy and industrial advantage gained following World War II to heavily influence the business world, making English the language of money. These factors would have lead any language to become the Lingua Franca, no matter how bizarre or outlandish it may seem.

Formal Arabic is pretty pure because of its root and morphology system. Some of the few loan words are قانون (qanun) from the Greek canon as in law, فردوس (firdaus) for paradise from Persian but also where the word paradise comes from and a modern example is فلم as in film. They are mostly technical terms from more advanced cultures (often Persian or Greek in origin). Though many English words are used colloquially other than film I think there is a native Arabic word that was made for just about all new technology.