I just watched the 'Over The Edge' episode of The New Batman Adventures cartoon and OMG!!! It's probably the heaviest...

I just watched the 'Over The Edge' episode of The New Batman Adventures cartoon and OMG!!! It's probably the heaviest and darkest episode in a kids cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QjLJ9UAyiUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good "What-If" story, which are always DC's best stories, I think most would agree.

a lil late to the party, but yeah, thats part of what made the show so great. Theres other great episodes like that in justice league

>it was just sex, it didn't have to mean anything!

What did she mean by this?

I'd take that over Bruce fucking her

That I read in Word Up magazine

It was a really sad episode, but exciting at the same time, seeing Harley and Mad Hatter suing Bruce Wayne in billions after discovering he is Batman was hilarious, there is even a Cochrane cameo.

>It's probably the heaviest and darkest episode in a kids cartoon.
watch
Late Mr Kent
Chill of the Night which literally stats with the man getting eaten by rats

>if the Bat is on a spree then Wayne must pay the fee!

You know batman regretted not railing her before that

I love how Arkham Knight took so much influence from it

Really? I should play AK sometime.

If only Batman had raped the Joker, this never would have happened.

DELET IT

Who started this meme?

>Grundy gets his reward.

dude, fuck this
I'm out of this thread
it's too fucking late for this shit

It started as a play on the "why doesn't batman just kill the joker." threads there was a small boom with people doing humorus edits and such but stopped being funny when people ran out of original twists on the joke.

It wasn't poorly done though. They set it up nicely with Barbara getting gassed and it did a good job of developing her as a character

Cochrane's second cameo in the show in fact.

Best episode of TNBA

i miss when censorship was more about the 'reality' as it were, of what happened, and not so much the imagery. you could get away with murder as long as it was a dream. fuck it reminds me of supposedly when transformers was being developed, they objected to the nuclear boogeymannery in the name megatron, sounding too much like megaton.. until they pointed out he was the bad guy, and that made it okay

They did censor this episode though. Timm wanted the shot of Babs hitting the hood of the car to be a bird's eye view but WB wouldn't allow it, so he went with the shot from the inside of the car.

Which he saw as a blessing because it put the viewer in the perspective of Jim, watching his own daughter come crashing down. Far more brutal honestly

That episode made me laugh.
Somehow the same police that is too incompetent to stop criminals turns into a super competent force able to put Batman in the corner.

I guess everything can be justified with "it was all a dream!" but Barbara subconscious is still retarded

Zack Snyder

There's an episode of Fraggle Rock where they're all freezing to death because no one has rung this magic bell at the core of the planet in ages and by the time Gobo realizes the moral of the story, and has stopped the freeze, half the Fraggles have died.
Christmas specials are the best.

Personally I like the "censored" version better.
youtube.com/watch?v=QjLJ9UAyiUg

You're like the only one.

Its not often censorship makes things better.

There's no way Ben would do it. Sodomy is haram.

>OMG!!!
Jeez how new are you

But yeah it was pretty dark maybe not the darkest but up there.

I miss this cartoon so much...

Is Annie ok?

She is a mud shark.

No he isn't

RIP

It's alright for a what-if. The reveal at the end could have been handled a little better maybe.

>OMG!!!

Is everyone just going to pretend like OP didn't say this?

is this really Sup Forumsmblr?

Solomon Grundy

Born on a Monday.

Salt 'n Peppa, Heavy D up in the limousine

She was hit by
She was stuck by
A clay criminal

You win.

OMG user, STFU!!!

The big question of the episode. Who undressed her?

Alfred, As a trained butler He knows when to be discreet

Alfred

I don't think I've ever seen this version. I don't think I like it. First off, you lose the full impact of Tim becoming a straight-up murderer. You also lose the closure of seeing the Joker die. And it's kinda unsatisfying that he was killed by a 13 year old, by basically slipping on a wet floor. And was Tim supposed to kill Batman, or make him "one of us," ie, Joker-ized?
On the other hand, I always had a problem with the 4-foot spear sticking out of a pistol-sized weapon, and straight-up killing Batman seems slightly out of character for Mr. J. He usually enjoys messing with Batman too much to just end it like that. I'd imagine he would want years of dragging Tim around on capers, watching Batman fuck up by constantly trying to save the kid.

I did

Man that part where she gives her dad a rimjob was deep

Joker by that point was disappointed. The mystique was gone once he learned Bats was just some rich kid playing dress up. Better to make it a proper finale before the love starts to fade.

No you really shouldn't