Why is Slade Wilson considered a "supervillain...

Why is Slade Wilson considered a "supervillain?" Apart from the Teen Titans cartoon where he's specifically designed as a total sociopath, has he done anything extremely evil?

Has a cool design.

Before New 52, yes. Now he's edgy Batman.

>"Actually, I never thought of Deathstroke as a villain or bad guy.” Wolfman says in justification of this decision. “I thought of him as someone who was put into a bad situation and couldn’t find a way out so he kept getting deeper and deeper into the hole he was digging around himself.

>"I think one of the best Deathstroke stories was one I did in Titans called ‘Shades of Gray’ where he and Changeling go to a diner and just talk. I think that showed who Deathstroke was. I’m not comfortable with him being a mega-villain. As for how he acted after Terra—well, he was in the early process of redeeming himself. I think of Terra as the manipulator, not Deathstroke. She was his means of getting out of the HIVE quagmire he was in. He was her means at getting revenge against the world.”

He knocked up a 15-year-old.

So he is more anti-villain than anything in general

Truly a hero of the people.

He's a mercenary, refused to save his own son life, later killed said son, fucked an underaged girl, nuked a city, killed the Atom and watched teenagers having sex while high on dead children.
However Slade is hot, so he is okay in my book

He nuked bloodheaven killing everyone nightwing knew

Priest is fixing that

Tell that to fans of Freedom Fighters, I dare you.

>He's a mercenary, refused to save his own son life, later killed said son, fucked an underaged girl, nuked a city, killed the Atom and watched teenagers having sex while high on dead children.
Alright, please post some issue numbers for some of your preffered Deathstroke runs. That tagline alone has me interested.

He's a pedophile

He just described Slade's shitty comic book life for the past 15 years. He used to be a lot more nuanced. read New Teen titans, his first even ongoing(Deathstroke, The Terminator) and the current Rebirth series. He's not evil, he's just an asshole.

Yeah but Wolfman also thought Terry Long's relationship with Donna Troy was #lifegoals and that Dick getting raped by Mirage was something to joke about.

Contract killer. World leaders, public officials, superheroes, etc.
Accessory to the crime of nuking Qurac. Hundreds of thousands dead. Even more chronically irradiated. Somehow got off free. So did Cheshire.
Ordered chemical weapons dropped on Bludhaven. Nearly 300k dead. Somehow was never punished.

Slade drops people right and left, desu. Fucked up Batman in their first meeting, too.

>He's a mercenary
Literally every book he's in
>refused to save his own son life, later killed said son
I'm guessing he's talking about Jericho? Titans Hunt (the New Titans arc, not the miniseries)
>fucked an underaged girl
Terra Incognito and The Judas Contract
nuked a city
Nightwing: Renegade and Infinite Crisis
>killed the Atom
Wallace's Titans run
>and watched teenagers having sex while high on dead children
IDK what he means here. Judas Contract again? Titans East?

>and watched teenagers having sex while high on dead children
Titans Villains for Hire and Titans Brightest Day, one the worst runs ever written

I feel like I am about to have an aneurysm every time I read "But he's quicker where it counts".

Either way a stroke

what the fuck? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE

>one the worst runs ever written
Basically all of the Titans runs are awful.

Marv Wolfman in the 90's?
Dan Jurgens Non-Titans?
The guy who came after Devin Grayson in the early 00's?
The guy who came after Geoff Johns in the mid 00's?
Eric Wallace Evil Titans?
Lobdell's New 52 shit? And that other guy?

Titans are almost universally shit.

Not even the only time he beat the Flash.

>Wally running full speed into a sword

Yea it's already all been said with this comic but seriously. I'm pretty sure his reflexes have been shown to be fast enough to feel a blade beginning to tear through his costume and react in time.

Was this prior to Wally's MASSIVE power boot following Return of Barry Allen though?

Wasn't Titans good in the 80s?

>yfw you'll never nut inside a feisty 15-year old

she was asking for it

LOLLLL

Slade this high school whippersnapper?

Well that first arc did make him a bit of an antihero but i have confidence that will not be a regular thing

>tfw this was one of the first comic books I ever read
>tfw can't read this shit now either thinking it's some serious Deathstroke wank
Honestly I love the idea of Deathstroke being a general DCU villain a lot but yeah, no.

Yes. I didn't list all of the runs there, just the bad ones.

Classic silver age Titans are worth a read.
Bronze age Wolfman Titans are good
Devin Grayson late 90's Titans are decent (the JLA/Titans mini is good)
Geoff Johns Teen Titans repeats a lot of the Wolfman stuff but it's still good.
Abnett's stuff right now is decent

Well if he knocked her up she was obvisuly old enough.

Thats a nice page

you forgot convergence atom where he was made a blubbering bitch by ryan choi who came back from the dead.

DELETE THIS

>testing a theory
Science is a nobel goal

Remember, Priest knows nuance. Priest's Deathstroke is a murderous, duplicitous, wife-beating child abuser and we're only two issues in. His Deathstroke is still human. He still can love, he's not a dog-kicking mustache-twirling cartoon villain.

Whats wrong with it of course deathstrike beats batman in a straight fight.

Wolfman & Perez New Teen Titans is one of the best cape comics of all time

Also he sort of raped raven in the cartoon

You're on the wrong site, tumbler is over there ->

I mean, Flash gets hit by boomerangs thrown by an aussie, so...

Making Slade an antihero is literally the opposite of what Priest said he's going to do

He writes Slade as an awful person through and through

Yes, the 14 year old girl manipulated the 50 year old master assassin and not the other way around

>wrong site
They don't call this board Sup Forumsmblr for nothing.

Wolfman had some very strange ideas....He always wrote Deathstroke in a way that justified him no matter what terrible things he did.

The impression I got from the comic was that Terra was nuts and Deathstroke made her even more crazy.

I'm interested in how Priest plans to handle things.

No he doesn't, you're just too dumb to understand nuance and human characters. Slade is a piece if shut by cir instances, not by choice. He doesn't rape children up the butt for fun or kill homeless people as training but he won't think twice about hitting a woman or actually put his life on the line to save a child he doesn't know. Slade loves his children, but he never wanted them do he never knew how to raise them, couple that with the fact that he's an asshole and you get a really shitty father but since his creation, in the very first issue, Slade is shown to care about his estranged children and maybe he regrets how things turned out but he's too proud to admit that he failed. He's a jerk, but he's not a moustache twirling evil planner, he just kills people for money because that's the only thing he's good at.

>Slade is a piece if shut by cir instances, not by choice.
I'm pretty sure beating your kid with belt is by choice.
>he never wanted them
So is having children

Slade is always written as an awful person but sometimes the writers try to portray him as a misunderstood antihero and ignore the bad stuff he does.

Priest seems to be focusing on how Slade's choices screw over his family.

Nothing wrong with beating your child when he's being cheeky.

Like you wouldn't.

>sometimes the writers try to portray him as a misunderstood
Nothing wrong with that. Writing him as a pure evil planner is dumb though.

If beating his kids with belts was the worst thing Slade did to his kids, they would be less messed up.

oh sure but he's shown to do it before any of the other stuff happens
we're not to the makes it so joey goes mute and drugs/manipulates rose parts yet

Read a fucking comic christ
>he was more evil in my favorite show!
Seriously reconsider your life

I know but Priest haven't gotten to other things yet.

Slade-force

Him being good at planning is part of his character.

I'm not saying he's pure evil but it's really weird when some writers try to blame other characters for him being screwed up.

Nah, he's a fast thinker but he's not really a planner because he has no goals. He's pretty nihilistic, he kills people and...that's it. He doesn't want to rule the work or anything, he's pretty nihilistic in that regard. Another awful thing writers have been doing with him is making him very money hungry, robotically taking contracts and being shackled by them instead of taking or turning down what he wants.

>but it's really weird when some writers try to blame other characters for him being screwed up.
Really doesn't happen often, not as often as him being pure evil anyway. But Slade's a screw up and he's made many mistakes and although he doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeves, he regrets those mistakes.

>tfw Young Justice was the best Teen Titans run created
why won't dc reprint it

It wasn't very good.

He banged a 14-year-old and then used her to infiltrate a team of teens and young adults with the intent of killing them.

Slade is the guy who beats his wife, as written by the guy who beats his wife.

He does horrible things, he's an asshole, but it's not his fault! If only the world\wife\you didn't provoke him into doing the horrible things! It the World's\wife\your fault if everyone would just leave him alone he'd be a good person!

After

He killed hundreds of thousands of people.

Shouldn't the Justice League and every law enforcement agency on the planet be trying to kill him at this point?

The stuff concerning the Atom and the drugs made of children is from Titans:Villains for Hire. Do not read that run, it's godawful

>Dick getting raped by Mirage was something to joke about.

Well, it is.

Priest is also going to address that. There's an interview around where he explains it more eloquently than I'm about to, but basically it's just a result of the heroes respecting the justice system. Slade is able to bribe/blackmail/lawyer his way out of stuff.

It aged horribly.

Good man.

>no seriously trust me, that 14 year old was way more evil than me.

It aged better than 90% of 80s comics

>I might be a middle aged assassin but that 14 year old girl I fucked was the real manipulator!

bronze age comics have aged pretty well in general though

Wait, he cucked BB on the comics too?

>want to read a villain story
>oh suite, comic villain # 45 now has a new series for him
>he's in a bad place, he's family is taken, he'll be rough but fight for the good reasons
FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
WHEN I READ DEATHSTROKE, I WANT TO SEE HIM KILL PEOPLE FOR CASH -without rubbing in my face that said people are hitler-level dictator so it's fine to kill him-FUCK BITCHES AND BEAT UP HEROES ALONG THE WAY

Why do they have to make every villain non evil in their story runs? We have tons of stories about battles fought for good reasons. Thousands.
If you want good acts write a hero doing them, not a villain.
Sheesh.

Fuck no.

This is my favourite page.

yes they have

Shut the fuck up, you child.

>Just like the old man
>in that book by Nabokov

Yes though technically no because it was all a sham in the first place.

No, you're just a sheep.

ok then read Deathstroke by Priest which just started cause he's writing Slade as a complete shitty person and not shying away from it

I'm enjoying the current run, I just fear he shows all the stuff with his kids to have him try to redeem himself and mend their relationship later on.
So far it's fine though.

He won't redeem shit but he won't be shown to be proud if the way things turned out either.

>Terra able to manipulate Slade
That's the biggest laugh about Judas contract.

Yeah I get that they wanted to make Terra a completely irredeemable bitch for their reasons but they did it very poorly.

Just as long as it's mostly killing folks for cash instead of saving himself from old enemies or protecting his family, I'll be good.

Not refuting that he can beat him, just the "first meeting" part.

I always go by the story that Slade is one of the people that trained young batman

The biggest laugh of the Judas Contract was Raven suspecting Terra and not telling the others.

Them's fighting words, m8. Square up.

Pre-FP Slade killed approximately a million people by dropping Chemo on Bludhaven.

He was also never punished for it, which was one of the biggest fucking failures of DC editors to fucking follow up on their own stories. Like, way to fucking make all your heroes look worthless. A guy kills a million people and gets literally fucking no penalty of any sort for it.

didn't Dick beat him up in a hospital bed for a page for that? i think when he was Batman

Marv Wolfman beats his own wife?

>Why is Slade Wilson considered a "supervillain?" Apart from the Teen Titans cartoon where he's specifically designed as a total sociopath, has he done anything extremely evil?
judas contract
he's riding those coattails even now

sword handle is too fat