You know what would be great? MyCartoonList

You know what would be great? MyCartoonList.

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/CartoonList
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

arent most cartoons on imdb anyway?

Why?
There's only ever one, maybe two cartoons worth watching any given season that aren't long runners that will last until you die.
What's the point?

I mean, there are decades worth of old cartoons to review/rate. But hey what's the point of anything am I right guys? Xd

I use MAL unironically but only because its an easy way to keep track of which shows I've seen and to keep context on how good I think shows are.

Does that make me a bad person?

Anime outnumbers cartoons. You have to go through old stuff to even keep a list up.

There are sites that already allow you to review and rate those shows though. What good would a cartoon specific site serve? Why would anyone want to create a new account and shit specifically for that when they could already do it on an existing platform if they care?

I only watch one cartoon.
Everything else I liked either ended or got very shitty.

You're far from the first person to bring that up. Wish someone would make it, for now I have a cartoon-exclusive IMDb account.

Only if you're the sort to actively engage with the MAL community and act like the number of anime you've watched makes you some sort of authority on it like that guy anime_expert_(seen_334+_anime_completely) who used to post on Sup Forums years ago.

No, I also use it to keep track of wherever I was in a long running series since I tend to not watch them weekly. Then maybe a month or a year later I'll suddenly want to get back into it, so knowing where I left off at is useful.

I never even go on the forums or join any of the groups or anything.

There are not nearly enough good cartoons to justify this.

No. Faggots who keep a .txt file with what they watch are idiots, especially when it's easier to just use MAL.

Why do you need to keep track? If you don't remember what you watch shouldn't you just watch it again? This seems odd to me.

I don't know if there are enough cartoons. Or, at the very least a lot of cartoon fans aren't so fixated on curating their collections.

I can say, that this certainly isn't for me something I've ever felt demand for. And I've never seen anyone else express that urge. But there very well could be a demand out there I'm not aware of.

Is there one of these for comics?

There's stashmycomics

>I don't know if there are enough cartoons.
There's a shit load of cartoons trust me.

kisscartoon.me/CartoonList

Here's a better idea.
Instead of creating a site which specifically revolves around cartoons, why not have a site which also provides an ever-expanding archive of comics? Something like "MyWesternList". Yeah, I couldn't come up with a better name.
That way, the aquivalent for anime is cartoon and the one for manga is comics. You'd have your Sup Forums version and your Sup Forums version, to put it simple.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that idea, even with IMDb around; which, by the way, you could also use as an argument to invalidate MAL. Facebook also wasn't that much different from MySpace.
You'd have all of your shit in one place, with a few more options on top of that even, and there would be no need to hop sites anymore.

At the beginning, you could implement a system similar to the one Wikipedia has, which allows normal users to add entries to the database up until the point of the site having gathered a fair amount of both comics and cartoons, ensuring 'rare' and forgotten works to find their way onto the site as well. Afterwards, and to make the admins lifes easier in terms of monitoring vandalism, you could change that system to one in which users will have to request entries via some sort of online form. I guess that's up to the admins of the site.

It is pretty interesting that a lot of these Fandom progress to the point where pure numbers is one of major points of comparisons amongst multiple users. Not any insight, just pure numbers and raw facts.

This is not a sin unique to Anime, video games, comics, movies, have these Fandom as well that a marked by both a cynicism towards the form, and an obsession with pure reflexive consumption of the form.

I wonder if anyone's ever done good Sociological analysis of groups like this? I've noticed that a lot of the tendencies really remind me of severely depressive tendencies as well. I wonder how many of these people would openly self identify as Depressed, with a capital D.

>Kiss Cartoon doesn't exist

I dont know, user, only japan really considered the medium to be 'art worthy' or as a means to convey some sort of message.
I love cartoons as much as the next guy, but a large portion of western and european cartoon history was just shallow slapstick.

Lets be honest here, theres a reason you had that 13y cousin trying to prove to the family that "cartoons arent just for kids".

I really wouldn't rely on an illegal streaming site to keep track of my shows. It's related to kissmanga and kissanime and those to sites has been on Japan's hit list for some years now. If either one of those sites go down everything is probably going down.