The Runaways, a franchise he was heavily involved with, is finally getting adapted to the MCU...

>The Runaways, a franchise he was heavily involved with, is finally getting adapted to the MCU, which he was responsible for bringing to mass success
>He won't be involved at all
Ahahaahah Whedon you fucking cuck

Punishment for not letting Bendis and friends have input in the MCU.

That fucker ruined the Runaways in comics, why the fuck would people want him touching the show? I mean the show is already going to be shit already since it's going to be on hulu written by the creative mind behind Gossip Girl.

I liked Gossip Girl.
Can't be any worse than Arrow or Agent Carter, right?

Joss' Runaway's run was awful so I'm fine with this.

I have a feeling I'll be burnt out on Marvel movies by the time it comes out anyways.

Whedon needs a break for a bit, I think.
He's a talented guy for the most part (Dr Horrible remains one of my favorite things ever), but he needs to get his ego in check.
When he tries to live up to his title as the "god of geeks" and fails (Alien Resurrection, Age of Ultron, etc.), he throws a bitch fit and embarrasses himself.

Homeboy just needs to mellow out a bit and he'll be unstoppable.

If you like Gossip Girl seasons 1-2...then okay, but after that? Naaaaaah. Especially after that bullshit reveal.

Anyone that thinks RDJ, Kevin Feige and Jon Favreau aren't the exact reasons for the MCU's success is a retard.

Whedon didn't do shit for the masses beyond what was already laid out for him.

The MCU is shit without Based Joss tbqh senpai.

Civil War sucked because the Russos sucked out all the fun and I expect Infinity War to be the same. Age of Ultron was a success because of the raw amount of keks and memes it had, the next Avengers movie is gonna flop now that the public saw Civil War and hated it.

Gossip Girl season 5 is GOAT though

He wrote the only decent run that wasn't by BKV though

Good, faggot shits on characters he doesn't like.

That isn't a picture of Brian K Vaughn.

Who is literally the only person who would make me interested in an adaptation of The Runaways.

Don't the Runaways call themselves the Runaways in Whedon's run too? Proving that he completely missed the point?!

Desu the fuck out of here, kino.

>the next Avengers movie is gonna flop now that the public saw Civil War and hated it.

While I personally thought Civil War was pretty forgettable the public sure as fuck seemed to enjoy it.

This. Whedon says you can't make Hulk films because Hulk stories are one note.

Nevermind that the Hulk TV show was successful (which is the "one note" Whedon is talking about) or that some of the best Hulk stories AREN'T about Banner trying to keep the Hulk at bay.

>He wrote the only decent run that wasn't by BKV though
There were no decent runs besides BKV, m8.

I know this is Sup Forums, but this is some of the most shit bait I have ever seen.

AoU was terrible enough, and Avengers 1 was a fluke. I'd hate to see him do 12 episodes. It'd be like watching a 10 hour AoU in slow mo

His run on Runaways was fucking terrible.

Brian K. Vaugn wrote the only good stuff.

They'd be fools if they didn't get BKV to write the show.

I like quips but aoe went way overboard

>I'd hate to see him do 12 episodes

Yeah user, people hate Buffy, Angel and Firefly.

Whedon does his best work on TV.

Firefly is overrated. Was lucky to be cancelled before incoherent worldbuilding would come down crashing.

Never felt motivated to watch Buffy and Angel.

> Was lucky to be cancelled before incoherent worldbuilding would come down crashing.

Did anyone actually watch Firefly for the worldbuilding? It was about the characters, the universe was neat but not particularly deep.

If you were talking about Dollhouse, I could see where you're coming from. That shows' lore was nonsensical and the series was always tying itself in knots trying to justify it.

I didn't like characters that much, never really got a feeling they belonged with each other (This I included as part of worldbuilding umbrella which I probably shouldn't have).

The world didn't come together as alive and coherent, the premise the cast. This was my impression.

>I didn't like characters that much, never really got a feeling they belonged with each other (This I included as part of worldbuilding umbrella which I probably shouldn't have).

Oh okay, that makes more sense even if I disagree with you.

>cuck

my god I can't wait until cuck is synonymous with trump supporters and fucking dies.

>Gossip Girl.

season one and two was okay

Just like Runaways before Whedon

>Never felt motivated to watch Buffy
Don't bother.
It's "Whedon patting himself on the back": the series and nowhere near as clever as it wants to be.

Fuck off.

The MCU was a success before Whedon came along.

Favreu deserves more praise in that respect.

t. Whedon

This.

Fucking Christ, it's like Tarantino into comics and fantasy tropes instead of movies.

Buffy was pretty influential senpai.

it's had to go back and watch it now just because of the 90's-isms and the lack of budget but the DNA of pretty much every major genre TV show big and small that came after took parts of their storytelling from Buffy.

Tarantino and Whedon are nothing alike outside of pop-culture influences.

Unless this is going to turn into "Tarantino is a hack who stole everything" nonsense, which is blatantly untrue even if you've seen some of the films he's taken things from.

Influential is not necessarily good, though.
It was painful to watch in the 90s and it's unbearable these days.

>the runaways, a franchise he destroyed, is finally getting adapted to the MCU
FTFY

The Runaways nosedived so hard that they were put in the god-awful Arcade event that killed off a shitload of perfectly viable relatively new characters.

RIP red skull jew

You think they moved it to Hulu cause
>>Lesbian
>>Japanese lead
>>Black Kid turns out to be evil
The first two are reasons for China to block the film.

I can agree with that to a degree, though there are sections of storytelling and individual episodes I think mostly hold up.

Runaways would be a terrible idea to make into a film, it's literally perfect for a TV show.

I guess Netflix didn't want it because they're all-in on that dark-and-gritty street-level, and that's not really what Runaways is.

>Runaways would be a terrible idea to make into a film, it's literally perfect for a TV show.
Completely disagree.
If you remove the Vampire and C/D arcs, you got an easy film ready to go of the first volume.

See I feel the opposite(and I don't even dislike Joss). I aboslutely hated both Avengers movies and thought they were total snoozefests but I loved Civil War. It was a better Avengers movie than the actual Avengers movies.