/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Slimes of the Father Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=884
pastebin.com/MuYNP8xK
wired.com/2016/08/chopper-just-projected-video-onto-giant-screen-towed-another-chopper/
youtu.be/nGb-2oVDWXk
youtube.com/watch?v=63fRJ12v4L0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeAM1vwEcFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's better

Welcome to /CTG/!

Night /CTG/ See you in the morning

To be finished! Body paint wins

Night!

Looking good, Dabble!

Night F.A.G!

You need to explain how you elaborate your backgrounds.

I love them, something about the colours is fantastic. What is the logic that you use? Any tips on making backgrounds?

A magician never reveals his secret

Show me the forbidden 4kids

Trying to do an animation with main 3 Channel Tans.

It would be way fucking easier if we had character sheets.

Anyone willing to work on them? Jam? The original artist?

Just a body pic of them in front, side and back, and redes for different head positions would be awesome.

I don't feel like drawing but the thread doesn't deserve death yet

4kids playing with Ninja Turtle toys

So I'm reposting stuff

Don't worry TB, nothing it's going to happen. You don't need to report stuff. Get some rest.

HOLY MOLY THATS A BIG PIECE OF STROMBOLI

>Trying to do an animation with main 3 Channel Tans.

Nice dubs.

AND PLEASE DUDE, finish the animation. I'mean dying to see anything like that with our Channel tans. The concept is really good for a TV show.

Good idea. Here's an unused 21st sketch from that comic I never made.

Delete this

We don't have a ref sheet for them but you should check the booru for more ferences, i'm not sure if that helps but wish you good luck.

channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=884

Nah, baby, don't. Let the thread ride a comfy stroll. It'll naturally progress.

>Rest
Toonami is still on

Why does that eye look like Homer Simpson's entire mouth? My stomach hurts a little from laughing, and I can't not stop seeing it.

Been lurking all night but I'm hitting the sack in a few minutes

I could try and make something tomorrow. Just need some simple sketches of all that stuff I imagine. Would you prefer it in the original styles or is the way I tend to draw them fine?

I'm headin' to bed /ctg/. Before I do though, have this! Please ignore that atrocious hand. Great googly moogly.

Sweet dream d00m. Thanks for the dood.

Well, as far as color goes on them, it depends on the foreground. In the image you posted, CN-tan is super-saturated, which is why the background is just black and white. With more natural colors, there's a couple things that I look for. If a character is mostly warm colors, then I'll use cool colors for the background to make it pop, and vice-versa. However, if a character has a mix of warm and cold colors, I'll push one or the other in the background color to establish one over the other.

As for shape, I pick something to draw the eye where it needs to go, while framing the figure as well. Not to post something not Channel-tan related here, but pic related shows what I mean. The shape leads you down the body, and breaks the abdomen into something more visually interesting.

Really though, my backgrounds need work. I need to move beyond using shapes all the time.

Anybody got lewd requests?

Tbs and fox [as] riding on fox dick

G4tv using cheat codes on Disney XD pussy

disney in butt

Milk & Cookies

I want to see Fox Kids and Kids WB have an epic Dissidia-esque battle with their best characters

Fox Kids

Digimon

Big Guy and Rusty

Power Rangers

Monster Rancher

X-men

Spider-man

The Tick

Kids WB

Animaniacs

Earthworm Jim

Road Rovers

Freakazoid

Pokémon

Yu-gi-oh!

Xiaolin Showdown

CN Taking a Massive Dong in her butt.
Bonus if Balls Deep and/or Ahegao

Nice!

More NickMom is always appreciated.
Beautiful work user.

Bump

To repost what was put in the last thread:

I dunno if this will be too lewd for a blue board, but I'd like to see some hand holding between Qubo and 4Kids, please.

You draw a good NickMom, my dude.

It has been delivered you lecherous deviant.

That's pretty fucking lewd my dude

Oh my, the most sinful of lewds, I didn't think anyone would actually take my request. Thanks user, they look so cute together!

Stop this

Huh, not familiar with this programming block.

It was a fan made project to bring back that Toonami feel
Then Toonami promptly came back to life and NeoToomani was buried

It's ties to Toonami is pretty much the only reason it has a tan along with the fact it looked somewhat professional

Let it happen naturally, you dingbat.
Also, make Le Loyon do a little jig to that tune you made.

user, this is a blue board!

Heh, you actually did they request, nice Bishop

Actually, it's good to see an unfinished sketch.

CN-Tan is somehow sluttier than Disney-tan.

Sigh...

Guess who couldn't sleep?

Started on the references, beginning with CN's head since I like to think I keep pretty close to Aipiepo's original design. Attempting to keep it simple for animating purposes. The blue x-ray is just sort of a "hey, if you're curious" thing, don't pay it too much heed.

This might have to be a longterm project. It's just 3 heads, but this oddly took a while to do. Admittedly it could just be me being too anal about it, and I need to be more loose. And there's still a LOT left to do with just CN alone. If animator user is cool with it, I can try and have something more substantial next weekend. Or, if you wanna get to me on tumblr or something, I can give the refs as they're finished; Obviously with personal work and life, I can't guarantee that I'll have all the refs done by, or even during next weekend. But, that's obviously up to you.

Either way, I think my speed for today will have to be comfy stuff. I have a lot of house cleaning to do today, so doing some cute and comfy requests during breaks will be a nice way to spend my Sunday.

My eyes are finally getting heavy, so I'm gonna try and get a little sleep. Y'all have a good morning, alright?

At my country it's almost 12 AM, nice reference to draw CN-tan. It's could be use for the future drawfriends.

I wrote a sequel to that MTV2 lewd fic from last week or a week prior. I'm gonna hit the hay. See you all when I get up.

pastebin.com/MuYNP8xK

Requesting this reaction image with TBS, but with a smaller cigarette

Heres the not ant size file pic reference

I have absolutely no idea for a heartwarming art.

We'll try to Jam.

Oh man that's very professional, I like it.

ABC Family discovery that her main ships aren't canon can be heartwarming

>Mouth can be pretty much any where on the face

That reminds me of the old cartoons with surrealistic expressions, weird but fun.

CN-tan is based in the style of Adventure Time, a simple reference sheet for her would be enough. Pic related it's a good example.

what's wrong with that chick's hair, is that a fucking mood ring?
it started purple and ended blue

I request an image of the main tans doing normal girl things, like selling Girl Scout Cookies, or running their own lemonade stand business

>Would you prefer it in the original styles or is the way I tend to draw them fine?

I like your style Jam, and would be probably easier for you too. If you could do this, it would be awesome.

I had a dream where I woke up and this /ctg/ thread was prunned or deleted

Good to know that was just a dream

That wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare

Oh wait, animator user here.

This is great dude, exactly what I needed. Please, take the time that you need with it, real life must come first anyway, feel free to work on them later too. I already follow you on tumblr, so I will keep a look. Thanks dude, and have a good sleep.

Freeform's hair changes it colors by emotions.

MTV just did something awesome to promote the upcoming VMA's.

wired.com/2016/08/chopper-just-projected-video-onto-giant-screen-towed-another-chopper/

/r/ disney company mom-ing disney channel

>Nick wants to build a lemonade stand.
>Disney comes by and picks on Nick constantly for being less than perfect with their stand.
>Half the episode is the Nick running around trying to meet all her demands.
>In the meantime CN was running a successful carwash.
> youtu.be/nGb-2oVDWXk

that's the most useless and meaningless ad i've ever seen

Which voice actors do you imagine for each one of the tans?

Actually, how voice actors work on this world? Cartoon characters and their creators are real, but what about voice actors?

>implying it's not Disney with a Lemonaid Stand and Nick offering to teach people how to blow bubbles for 25 cents

youtube.com/watch?v=63fRJ12v4L0
Aubrey Plaza - Stoner [as]

Oh my. I'm ashamed how much this makes me like the MTV2-tans more.

>Milk & Cookies
Hah, I got that reference.
Nice draw dude.

Cartoon character only start existing once they are greenlighted by the Network and the channels, from now on they work like real actors.

Their voices are chosen based on the voice actors, but instead of voicing everything that the characters say, they only have to do a sample for their voices, that other people can check and say "Hey, I want this character to sound like this" on their character sheet. So the voice of the character needs to be previously selected and written on their sheet.

So VAs on this world don't record every line, they sell their voices to be used by other characters, and gain a percentage of the money with the show.

I dunno about who voice each tan.

We need a comic based on that greentext.

Imagine Time Warner having an audition with Mel Blanc
>"alright yang pal, shawme what ya got"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeAM1vwEcFg

a simple lemonade stand is not enough for her, she has her own company.

>youtu.be/nGb-2oVDWXk
So CN is Tara Strong?
Nicee

She has her own company, it's all part of her master plan to destroy Nick

No mercy, just business

That's pretty cool. I'm just imagining that MTV-tan actually wants to do something really special for her event and enlists the help of all her siblings and they come up with this crazy stunt.

All the Viacoms siblings are stitching this big "screen" and trying to hide it from their dad who doesn't know what they're doing, fearing he'd say no.

>MTV-Tan, MTV Classic and the rest of the Viacom-Tans are getting prepared with the plan
>They're all sewing, even Spike-Tan
>Their dad walks into the garage unexpectedly
MTV: "Why are you here so soon? Weren't you supposed to be in a meeting?"
Viacom: "It was cancelled at the last minute."
>He looks around at the mess in the garage and all his kids looking at him with guilty faces
>He knows they're up to something
Viacom: "What are all of you doing, and why are there yards of cloth in here?"
MTV: "Umm..."
>A small figure crawls out from underneath the fabric
>It's Nick Jr., who tells him what they're trying to do, using her cuteness at maximum potential
Nick Jr.: "We're trying to do something special for MTV and her VMA's"
>Nick chimes in too, telling her father that they've hit a snag in their plans
Nick: "Everything's going ok, but we need some people to fly both helicopters. Spike said he and G4 can do it, but G4 is nowhere to be found and Spike can't even fly a toy chopper, let alone a real one."
Spike: "Hey!" He's offended, but knows its true
Viacom: "...So, your plan is to promote your award ceremony by projecting it on a giant screen with the help of two helicopters flying close together and with one being laded with hundreds of pounds of fabric?"
>His kids, especially MTV, look saddened that he's going to be mad at them.
Viacom: "Why didn't you tell me sooner? Let's do this and break some records."
>All of the kids look so surprised, they didn't think he ever wanted to do anything this fun and dangerous
Viacom: "Let's show those Turner sluts and those rich bitches at Disney how we run shit."

Those details for her hair and face are very useful.
Honestly it looks very professional and detailed, good work Jam.

Hey guys who's ready for the new Power Rangers movie?

That looks adorable.

i am not, pink ranger has pointy tits. thats weird...
by the way nice pic user

Darin De Paul as HBO singing the wiener song

The 90's kid in me is excited, but the young adult in me is worried because Hollywood ruins everything

>Teletoon at Night: [as], can you hear me?
>Stoner [slurred]: You give me another beer. I'm 21!
>Teletoon at Night: Oh, great, she's drunk!
>Stoner: I'm not drunk! You're the drunk one! Are you gonna do somethin' about it?!
>SyFy: Yeah, I'll do somethin' about it! How about THAT?!
[kicks Stoner]
>Stoner: Ow!
>SyFy: Ya like that?
>Stoner: Do that to my face! What, you scared?!
[gets kicked]
>Stoner: Ow! You did it again!
[Stoner is repeatedly kicked]
>Stoner: You son of a bitch!
>SyFy: This is stupid. Let's kick her out of here.
[kicks Stoner a couple more times]

Bishop, is that you?

That's some good shit user, glad people finally draw some FoxKids-tan.

>who's ready for the new Power Rangers movie?

It's another RoboCop reboot, I don't care to be honest. I'll wait for the torrent.

what gave it away, her sig?

>implying it's not cn-disney-nick with a lemonade stand scamming anons