Talks shit about quips in Avengers films

>Talks shit about quips in Avengers films
>Justice League trailer releases
TFW

>DC movies fell for the quips, child merchandising memes

>Sup Forums not about comics or cartoons, just marvel and steven universe.

Live-action movies aren't comics or cartoons.

Well their dark broody emo shit trailers weren't working. They're desperate for cape bucks.

>only complains when it's dc
>blinded by the hate

God, why did your mom decide to get dental work done instead of the abortion? Oh, well, once you get past the odd feeling of gums, she sucks a mean dick.

when they've been getting destroyed by marvel this entire time at the box office I bet they felt a little more obligated to go that route

Anyone here still care for DCEU? Also, JL is been directing by Snyder. Do you know that it means, right? It can't be good. Let's just wait for reboot.

Cool. I can do it too.

It's a deconstruction of the quip genre

>implying I give a shit
>implying I don't want the DCEU to fail so the comics don't turn into full-on movie advertising bullshit

keep fronting mousecuck

>It's another Sup Forums bait thread on Sup Forums.

Oh, man. Can't wait to hide another one.

Only this is objectively wrong. I suggest going to a board like Sup Forums you'd fit in real well there.

Yours is objectively wrong. I suggest going to a board like Sup Forums you'd fit in real well there.

See, I can do that as well.

re·lat·ed (rĭ-lā′tĭd)
adj.
1. Being connected; associated.
2. Connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage.
3. Music Having a close harmonic connection.

>If something is related to something else, the two things are connected in some way.

People who get triggered by the mere mention of live action are some of the most insufferable cunts here on Sup Forums

This to be honest.

I won't be seeing it. And faggots like the OP who like quippy shit are loyal to Marvel, so they won't be seeing it, either.

He wouldn't fit in at Sup Forums.

See

>He thinks banter and quips are the same thing.

>baby cries for quips
>baby gets quips

Don't see the issue here.

>People who get triggered by the mere mention of live action are some of the most insufferable cunts here on Sup Forums

Live actions brings in low quality threads, filled with low quality posters, who don't even read comics, attempting to speak on topics they don't bother to research or even Google. In theory, Sup Forums should provide a forum in which people who know the source material discuss the adaptations; in practice the people involved in these discussions possess the same level of knowledge as any other casual. Sup Forums doesn't benefit from hosting these threads; we'd be better off by having them contained within Sup Forums's cesspit.

Yeah we were doing so well with bronies and berryboy before live action took over.

Fuck you, newfag. You don't even remember the Korraposting, let alone what it was like when Avatar was still going. You've never known suffering.

>DC starts doing quip movies
>Marvel pivots to complete grimdark
>critic: "Marvel's movies are evolving perfectly in their maturity to match the audience's refining tastes in cape cinema; too bad DC seems to be devolving into Schumacher-level campy garbage and one-line zingers"

>Thinks that banter and quips are the same thing
I know you Americans can't handle banter, but jeez, the movie is being made in the UK after all

DC has always done silly shit, they just do it with scowls and color filtration.

>wanting movies about superheroes in multicolored tights to be humorless and "mature"

>actually aiming a film genre at people who think the genre's too dumb to take seriously

>Multicolored
FUCK YOU, WE ARE FIXING THAT

He's my brother from another mother (with the same name!)

RIP Michael Jones, sorry your wife is a fat ugly weirdo.

>make the genre broadly appealing, break a billion dollars

Oh I'm sorry, did you want some Anime threads, then? How about I flood the board with anime? Do you want that, man? I mean they're cartoons after all, right?

>caring about how much some rich ceo makes

>multicolored tights

>Not wanting the things you enjoy to be broadly successful and have a future

I'd rather have something I actually like.

Rebirth has restored at least a little of my faith in DC.

And here moviefags are ruining it, so can we please just fucking make a new board to exile them? Please?

>multicolored tights

Now, Flash is undeniably red as fuck, but he's been reimagined as a twink in Tony Star-I mean Bruce Wayne armor.

Objectively the worst Aquaman.

Should've gone with pic related, but DC's current boner for Grimdark is too strong. It's going to ensure they lose money at the box office over and over again until they learn it's not a profitable idea.

I'd rather that they keep making more of things I like, than to make depressing one-offs.

Go play in traffic

Jesus fucking Christ, he looks so much like the ad on the front of a new GPU. The CGI is awful. Also, why the fuck did his dad give him robot tits? Was he building his son into a sexbot? Worst Cyborg design.

>muh giant RT conspiracy
Fuck off.

>even the Justice Lords are more colorful than the Snyder League.
Probably more jovial too, aside from the occasional awkward quip.

If you do that the entirety of Sup Forums will just be Steven Universe threads. Is that really the future you'ld prefer? Maybe if you can't handle reality you shouldn't live in it anymore.

so that is him, knew he looked like him.
what's that picture from? one of the 85 podcasts they do or something?

He looks like the love child of Bayformers Megatron and Angela Bassett

Why would you, as someone who reads the source material, like an adaptation of it made with the premise that the material is so dumb that it needs to be treated as a joke? And for what? So it can appeal to a "broader audience" yielding adaptations of a similar caliber? Sometimes less is more.

>SU threads are still allowed to be posted here
Fucking mods

and then, the quipkino was born

Why would you think that giving films the earnest, good vs evil mentality of the best (non-edgy) comics is somehow dumb and jokey?

Did you start reading comics in the age of Edgy Comics? Because I think you did.

When a hero endures so long that he's become a modern myth, it's not because he's adapted so that 13 yr olds won't snicker at him in theaters. Fucking 13 yr olds jape at everything, fuck them.

If you're a fan of the source material, why would you want an adaptation that changes it to be grim and gritty to appeal to an audience that's ashamed of their own hobby?

>Well their dark broody emo shit trailers weren't working
The trailers work fine, which is why DC films have made such great opening weekends, it's the movies that were lacking, leading to the dropoff.

Even Marvel movies sometimes fool people with brooding dangerous-seeming trailers to draw people in with the tension, but it's just that, a deception, because people only think they want a movie that bleak. When they actually get to the movie, they want to enjoy themselves. And so while all the menacing or emotional shit from Marvel trailers is in the movie, it's cut with moments of triumph, and levity, and enjoyable character moments.

I half wonder if JL will be one of those examples of the opposite, where they show all the jokes and fun things in the trailer, and the movie is a bore. That usually doesn't go nearly as well.

too bad you'll never be a mod

>an adaptation of it made with the premise that the material is so dumb that it needs to be treated as a joke
That's not where the humor in Marvel movies comes from. It comes from quippy team banter, which is true to many Marvel team comics, and character-related moments, like Bucky and Sam being happy Cap finally got some action in CW.

Because comics have been "grim and gritty" since before even Watchmen came out, beginning in the 1970s, particularly if we're setting the bar low enough to consider the DCEU grim and gritty.

Speaking of which. I'd much rather have the one good Dredd movie we did get over five films which lightens and censors things for their sake of "broader appeal."

I can think of a few ways to fix the DCEU

Not that user, but this retort doesn't even work since there's a board made specifically for anime.

>Because comics have been "grim and gritty" since before even Watchmen came out, beginning in the 1970s
Not everything is DC.

I got to say, for a trailer trying to sell Justice League that teaser was pretty underwhelming. It had a soundtrack that reminded you of Iron Man, and not one "OH SHIT" moment to get you excited. Which again I know its a teaser, but like the entire DCEU the tone isnt exactly clicking

>an adaptation of it made with the premise that the material is so dumb that it needs to be treated as a joke

The groanworthy dialogue in the Snyder films is purely based on the premise that ""Superheroes are a stupid genre, having people in costumes talking to one another is stupid, let's just go destroy some CGI buildings, preferably a church or something with a large brand logo on the front of it."

WB and its directors are treating the material with LESS respect than their Marvel counterparts, and that's a fact.

>I'd much rather have the one good Dredd movie
Congrats, you got a good portrayal of Dredd and Hershey walking around in not-Megacity shooting drab druglords in an "almost modern" universe that made their costumes and bikes look incredibly stupid.

Great Judge Dredd tho.

DC's darkening of the universe in the 70s was in response to how Marvel started off in the 60s. The perception of Marvel, prior to the MCU, is that it was differentiated from DC by being darker and more cynical.

DC has always been chasing after Marvel's magic.

Could have done a Siege as those Blocks are massive cities unto themselves.

Pretty much.
Whats also surreal is the odd changes with both Lex and Joker that almost come off as self sabotage. I mean for christ sake Lex was giggling and having more fun than Joker. I dont know how you can fuck up this much over 3 movies.

The point being that the flamboyant uniforms and bikes of the Judges look fine in pic related, but look incredibly stupid in New Jack City.

It's a core tenet of WB's superhero films that the villains have to be over-the-top scenery chewers while the heroes are STOIC AS FUCK costume-filling (that can be easily replaced with another actor).

That's just the way it is, has been since the 80's.
This is how you get Short Bane with Cartoon voice.

Marvel was always dark in a different way to what DC has become post-Watchmen and TDKR. Marvel's darkness was more, I feel, about variety, and more idealistic heroes clashing with more pragmatic ones, or having that idealism challenged by the real world, or things like the X-Men having to deal with prejudice, and having members of a demographic they're part of strike out "by any means necessary" making people view them more as terrorists. Things like heroes not always being liked by ordinary people.

When I think of DC's darkness, I think of things much different from that, and a lot of it has to do with singularly terrible things happening to individuals. Many involved with the Joker, like him crippling Barbara Gordon and stripping her naked for her father to see as he torture him, beating Jason Todd to death, or just edgy things he did, like letting his face get cut off. Then you have stuff like Doctor Light raping Sue Dibny. Jim Gordon Jr. Kidnapping and torturing his sister. Literally any thing that Black Manta gets away with. etc.

That's what suicide squad was supposed to be all serious only a few jokes

Then they reshoot parts of the movie to add humor

Makes me wonder if the original would have done better

Financially, I think it's doing okay. A less botched editing job probably would have impressed more people though.

Well it had the Joker leaving Harley for dead and being an abusive asshole. So by far that was some stuff that shouldn't have been cut.

>child merchandising memes
2008 CALLED

When I think od DC's Darkness, I think of Vertigo.

When I think Of Marvel's Darkness, I think of bendis.

I don't think that's true. I think you just wanted to find a way to criticize Marvel by bringing up Bendis.

Batman & Robin