Monday morning, wake up time

>Monday morning, wake up time,
>Get to work and stand in line
>What would make you feel real fine?
>One Saturday Morning!

Kids these days will never know such joys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atHUYWL1eIU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2OI_0_cbc
docs.google.com/document/d/1qrPjyrt9un5ZsN2hQOYz29MFgrmwO2geSdFQNKpt0Zw/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=WBK0i83ip78
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbh1LNQxgkk
youtube.com/watch?v=vp5rbOtz5YQ
disney.go.com/disneytelevision/disney1/main.html?
mega.nz/#!o940GIKY!63hCFnsutsIkpjWT7RiXIIWBGEu0NdcEdVyEQ-BqFkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I perfered fox kids

One had Digimon. The other had Recess. Both were winners.

>Waking up early on Saturday before anyone else is up, fixing a bowl of cereal, and enjoying Saturday morning cartoons
Simpler days.

>not posting THE INTRO
youtube.com/watch?v=atHUYWL1eIU

It's not so much that I'm sad that individual Saturday morning cartoons are gone, but more these collective experiences. With weird bumps and the block itself being a show in and of itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2OI_0_cbc

Could the Saturday Morning Cartoon make a comeback? I know channels like NBC do kiddie shit early Saturday morning, but it's geared more towards toddlers and Elementary Schoolers.

your childhood is over. no more adventures. no more fun. only disappointment now

Cartoons as a whole will eventually be moved off to Netflix as series to be sold, which might be better in my opinion.

There's no real value in it when kids can watch their shows any time online or on demand. Just an antiquated idea.

No. Syndication execs think court shows make more money, and no one wants to deal with the government-mandated FCC requirements.

Feels bad man
I hate current-year FCC requitements. No room for fun.

TV in general is in a weird state right now, but I wouldn't count anything out forever. But in the near term, probably not.

Oh yeah? Well I can retreat into my nostalgia bubble and avoid facing real life. Thanks, Myspleen!

Relevant Google Doc of some old broadcasts: docs.google.com/document/d/1qrPjyrt9un5ZsN2hQOYz29MFgrmwO2geSdFQNKpt0Zw/edit

Yup. Damn government also cracked down on having too many commercials for sugary cereals and junk food.

I had forgotten about this since I was so young. Thank you user, seriously. I'm going to post some nostalgia.
youtube.com/watch?v=WBK0i83ip78
youtube.com/watch?v=Rbh1LNQxgkk
youtube.com/watch?v=vp5rbOtz5YQ
This last vid was so ahead of its time.

>1 Saturday Morning's website is still available

disney.go.com/disneytelevision/disney1/main.html?

It's honestly better than being forced to turn in at a certain time to watch some shitty TV block with commercials. We need to kill the idea of primetime TV too eventually. Sports are the only thing where airing specifically at night makes sense as watching live and keeping up game by game is an important part of the experience rather than just "what happens next" like with story based TV.

I have a broadcast of 1 Saturday Morning from 1998 downloaded. I'll upload and add to the list, I suppose.

Nope.
Never again.

Superior on demand accessibility with shit like Netflix/Hulu/Youtube, FCC regulations, the expense to make a cartoon compared to live action.

You will never see a Saturday morning cartoons block ever again.

Which generation grew up with the better cartoons?

I don't know. Each generation has had great cartoons, and each has had its share of stinkers.

Wouldn't it always be the newest one (at least since home release collections became a thing) since they get to watch all the good stuff from past generations but also watch the new good stuff that older people will generally not bother with? Or do you only mean which generation had the best new releases?

lol source on picture

Millennials. Gen Z just has whatever stuff CN, Nick and Disney show. We had that plus the basic cable stuff.

Most cartoons that are airing now were airing 6-10 years ago, so that doesn't really even matter

There's SU, Clarence, WBB, and maybe Bunnicula
Other cartoons are just reboots of old IPs or shows on hiatus that spit out an episode once a month

Most of the old stuff isn't available anymore though, it's never shown on tv and most digital services don't have them

What makes you think that? Between DVD collections, Netflix, Amazon, on-demand from TV providers, and torrents they can watch pretty much anything relevant. Maybe if you want a really niche thing that only had like 13 episodes you'd run into trouble but the noteworthy and "best" stuff is readily available.

I wonder if there are any cartoons from the 90's/early 00's that have been completely lost to time.

It really sucks that Saturday morning cartoons are dead but it was worse growing up at the peak of them and slowly watching them die

One saturday Morning felt like the weakest of the big 3 late 90's SatAM blocks, and I guess its because there where no new action cartoons on it.There where some reruns, like Gargoyles, but those shows where winding down. It was mostly slice of life stuff, which is alright, but that's not really why most kids wanted to wake up on Saturday. Later on they'd get Power rangers and some other things, but by then it was already a shell.

>That feel when your favorite shows came on at the same time and you had to decide between Fox, 1SM and WB
>If you didn't watch the right one, you would be shunned by your friends for the week

>gen z
>any of those things

Yeah sure

Torrents and streaming sites are really the only way.
I know from personal experience that most of this stuff is unobtainable in a legitimate way, and even if they are it's rarely the full series, just a season or two. Except for a handful of really big shows like Transformers and G.I. Joe.

>Gen Z's are browsing this thread right now
I should know, I AM one
>mfw

I'd say you must be 18 or older to browse Sup Forums, but honestly, that ship sailed long ago. So just know, user, that you missed out on some magical programming blocks as a child.

But I am 18, user. Born October 30th, '97. I barely caught a few Saturday Mornings before they came fully extinct.

my fucking jam
what was the name of the cartoon with the alien?

1998 One Saturday Morning: Featuring Recess, Doug, and Pepper Ann
mega.nz/#!o940GIKY!63hCFnsutsIkpjWT7RiXIIWBGEu0NdcEdVyEQ-BqFkA

thank you
someone should more pages like this and the one for Space Jam that Disney is too big to remember they have and too rich to care

I still remember OP.
It's weird to flip on the tube when I come home from work and find nothing but news and infomercials. At least ABC (i think) is still showing animal programs and discovery stuff geared towards children on a Saturday, but the before and after school block, nothing. Just nothing.

yeah there's that too, it's not just Saturday morning, time was there was something on for kids every morning, now there's fuck all

HA HA HA HA US 90S KIDS WOULD REMEMBE RLOL WE WOULD KNOW HAHAHAHA KIDS THESE DAYS JUST DONT EVEN LOL LIKE COME ON ARE YOU REALLY

This guy gets it. He knows how much kids these days don't even.

There has to be more of these out there.
It also just reminded me to check out Bojack Horseman's website. It looks like it got updated for the new season.

These threads make me feel so old. The shows I remember getting up early to watch as a kid were things like Watamess, Cro, ABC Weekend Specials, and Bump in the Night.

Ah, ABC when it was still good.

This "One Saturday Morning" thing was a stupid idea, even back then. I could tell it would be nothing but Disney, and wheres the fun in that?

*upvotes*

This thread made me feel young again! After that it made me sad about all the missteps I've made since I was that age. At least I don't feel old! :) ;(

I dare anyone to remember
Mr. Bogus

I've never met a person that also saw this

Was mighty ducks and reboot before that then? I think I remember those on years before i guess

>One had Digimon. The other had Recess. Both were winners.
The UPN block had both.

Being born right before the internet made a huge difference in how we grew up

Muh nugguh