Will there ever be another Homestuck?

Not in the "Huge disappointment" sense, but in the "Meteoric rise to fame" sense. Will anything ever do correctly what Homestuck came so close to accomplishing?

Other urls found in this thread:

gelasticat.tumblr.com/post/149543907867
youtube.com/watch?v=ekVtjoxwBRQ
smokinghippo.com/TSOtutes/charcoal_tutorial.html
smokinghippo.com/TSOtutes/inking_tutorial.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who the fuck cares?

yes, it's called Steven Universe
-same shipping shit
-same OC shit (gemsona is the new trollsona)

Go back to your containment board

>SU the same as Homestuck

Perhaps in the disappointment sense, but it's lacking in even 1/10 the narrative.

That user like this entire thread is autistic

So are you going to keep bumping it?

Homestuck will always be the most disappointing
don't try to tell yourself otherwise

he asked about the fame retard

kill yourself

>go to look at reddit's reaction to the ex WP artist's deviantart posts
>all those people rationalizing how its not hussie's fault and that hiveswap is still going to be fine
that'll teach me for checking reddit

Andrew Hussie is a saint. A man without sin. Why would he do wrong?

t. Sergio
nice try degenerate furfag

>employer (like all employers do now) googles their name
>sees scat and sizeplay fetish shit immediately
i wonder why they can't get work.....?

Absolutely disgusting. The man is literally a con artist.

Assuming it comes out, what are the chances that davekat will sink in the epilogue? I need to hold on to something.

0%

He needs the fujobucks for Hiveswap.

That was pretty dumb on their part (I don't do anything online under my real name) but that doesn't mean Hussie isn't an asshole.

hussie fucked us all and IS a scam artist, but it is not his fault for their retarded misfortunes

people get fired and laid off all the time

My understanding of the posts was that Hussie fired them without warning and after they got emails promising further work, and he fired them because he suddenly decided he wanted to completely redo the game after they'd finished the first episode in 3D

There have been plenty of meteoric rises since Homestuck's peak.

Undertale hit Homestuck levels of hype in a tenth of the time.

Steven Universe's bomb format keeps its fanbase hyped and autistic, just like HS used to do it. And Jojo just has weird bullshit in general.

What is missing is a truly convoluted storyline that actually warrants a large amount of theorizing and discussion to try and understand and predict. I genuinely don't know when we'll get the next version of that.

What the fuck is this.

The comic was asphyxiated by the Kickstarter, as we all know, but it would have still declined in quality without that, just less severely, and potentially not without finishing before it hit rock bottom and kept going down. Homestuck rotted from the inside out because it reflected the Internet, and the Internet changed during its run. Hussie's hackneyed attempts to keep up with Web 2.0 tarnished something that was born at the twilight of Web 1.0.

I'm reading Wizardy Hebert and loving it.

he's shit at handling a company yes, big fucking surprise.

but to think that it's his fault she's in such a shit position now is retarded

I like that explanation.

>Meteoric rise to fame
am i dense, or are you exaggerating? I have never heard anyone ever mention this comic except on Sup Forums

is it really that popular?

Rooster Teeth started as a couple of guys fucking around in Halo, and then evolved into a corporation with 200 employees.

4 years ago.

It is.

Good point.

It was never well-known outside of the Internet (except at cons and stuff) but online it was wildly popular from like 2010-2012 or so

In 2011 Homestuck was so popular that MLP boards had to ban it like Sup Forums did MLP

I worry about what having a shitty Homestuck-tier fandom is going to do to Toby Fox in the long run. He made it very clear that he didn't want this to happen and he even abandoned the Undertale IP and all unfulfilled Kickstarter rewards associated with it.

>Be bored
>Decide to search my classpect on Tumblr
>After 5 minutes I find a post of Gelasticat
>Decide to check it out
>Discover that a faggot that draws fat hobbit pink hair Karkat has the same classpect as me

Why? Of all classpects why mine?

Remember when Hussie was loved by the community for being a hilarious, based asshole? Remember his early newsposts and blogs?

What the hell happened to that guy?

what is it so I can laugh

Mage of Void

gelasticat.tumblr.com/post/149543907867

Never been to a con, I take it? Trolls everywhere.

He changed fampai

youtube.com/watch?v=ekVtjoxwBRQ

>JAKE CUMS
well, yes, frequently
but do you really want that written in sharpie on your knuckles
i don't get it

i'm too sad to even acknowledge hussie

void players
>autistic
>ugly
>mary sues

light players
>sexy
>hot
>intelligent

"Dexterious potato"
Fits their characters.

Toby seems like he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders

He'll be fine

So can hussie actually draw? Everything I've seen from him always looks like really crude cave paintings.

He looks like his tumblrite friends have dressed him up and are making him dance. He's still dancing now, and we've been watching him dance since 2012.

Not anything complex but he's perfected his style and used to pump shit out very efficiently.

Fuck off, void friends are way better than light faggots, they're strong, pretty and modest, while light players are attention whores, arrogant, too perfect and basically you are the biggest fag in the world if you have light as your aspect

Once upon a time, yes

smokinghippo.com/TSOtutes/charcoal_tutorial.html

smokinghippo.com/TSOtutes/inking_tutorial.html

Light > Mind > Void > Blood
The sad truth.

Void > Hope > Time > Doom > Rage > Space > Mind > Breath > Life > Heart > Blood > Light

Ftfy

Is MrCheeze the biggest Hussie apologist there is?

Every time I see someone post obvious information on how Hussie is a scam artist he writes up an essay justifying it

Light > Mind > Doom > Time > Space > Hope > Breath >> Heart > Life > Void > Rage >Blood

what's happening here
what is kanaya doing to poor kanaya

trips of truth

The guy on the subreddit?

He tends to get into arguments with me a lot. I mean I kinda understand his optimism but I think in the end my complete lack of faith in Hiveswap will be justified.

he's trying to make up for the time hussie banned him from the 4ums for spreading namco high

Maybe switch Life and Void, actually.

Didn't Hussie write Namco High?

Both Undertale and Steven Universe have gotten obscenely popular in a short amount of time.

Overwatch also is getting a crapload of fan-attention online at the moment.

I don't know
I think that is Future Kanaya fighting against Past Kanaya over the fact that Future Kanaya no longer feeds off blood but of human sperm, that, for some reason, upsets Past Kanaya

official
-OFFICIAL-
ASPECT TIER LIST

>GOD TIER TIER
Breath
Space

>Shit Tier
the rest

That's a meme opinion.

Steven Universe will be an unstoppable behemoth until it wraps up or changes hands. Undertale was slowly starved by a lack of new content and its withered frame was quickly put out of its misery by Overwatch.

Quick claim your classpect one last time

Thief of Breath here

Mage of Mind.

>implying it's even disappointing yet

Mage of Void reporting in!

I don't know about the undertale part, my dude, FNAF still has a strong following

Rogue of Time here

The Undertale and FNAF followings are still large, but they're all kids now. The adults moved on from both.

Mage of breath!

Knight of Breath

Heir of Space

That's because adults, unless autistic, don't "join a fandom" and stay there forever even though no new content comes out. Adults enjoy one thing until it's over and then move on to the next.

All Undertale needs to be as big as it was again is a sequel.

>Davekat sunk
LOL

Just look at fucking Hussie. He is dead-fucking serious with the fujo pandering and having Shelby and Zoe Quinn breath down on his neck.

Less people cared abour homestuck than you think. I still believe those view counts were FAKED

Knight of Light.

>Adults enjoy one thing until it's over and then move on to the next.
He says in a Homestuck thread.

i dream to be

Steven Universe may reach Homestuck levels of insanity IF it manages to pull off what Homestuck did with Act 5 - successfully switching the focus to worldbuilding an entire alien planet without jumping the shark.

That's the kind of thing that causes exponential story complexity and fanbase growth.

>That's because adults, unless autistic, don't "join a fandom" and stay there forever even though no new content comes out
Uh, why are you here?

Mage of Time

Mage of Heart

>successfully switching the focus to worldbuilding an entire alien planet without jumping the shark
>successfully
nice bait

uh, but there's already a bunch of lore about gems

i believe in you, user

There's still Steven Universe, but it's probably gonna go on hiatus in a few weeks or months leaving fans starving for some flavor of the month.
There's Overwatch I guess, but I think there's a vacuum right now for a more Homestuck/Undertale type thing that the fandom kids can really make their own.

>Implying.

thanks bro

Alright folks, survey time.
>favourite and least favourite Beta kid
>favourite and least favourite Alpha kid
>favourite and least favourite Alternia troll
>favourite and least favourite Beforus troll
>best land
>best guardian
>best and worst act (including sub-acts)
>what would you do if you saw Hussie in the street?
>your OTP

>Favorite: John
>Favorite: Jake
>Favorite: Aradia / Least Favorite: Tavros
>Favorite: Aranea / Least Favorite: Meulin
>LOWAS
>Dad Egbert
>The last sub-act whatever the fuck it was
>Ask him to draw aradia on a napkin and then secretly hope he dies afterwards
>JakeAra

Rose, Jade.
Dirk, Jane.
Terezi, Nepeta.
Aranea, Porrim.
LoCaM
Dave's Bro.
Ending parts of Act 5. Ending parts of Act 6.
Get autograph or something.
JohnRose/Karezi.

>Favorite: Dave (pre retcon) / Least Favorite: Dave (post retcon)
>Favorite: Roxy / Least Favorite: Jane
>Favorite: Sollux / Least Favorite: Vriska
>Favorite: Mituna / Least Favorite: Horuss or Rufioh
>LOHAC
>Based Dad
>Best: A5 / Worst: A6A6A5
>set his dumb fucking Pepe shirt on fire
>pic related