Is Christopher Priest a greater comic book writer than Alan Moore

in terms of legacy?

???

Define "legacy".

in terms of greatness, bibliography etc.

tbqh familio-dillio, No. Moore is one of those guys who has an insurmountable resume/legacy. He is one of those writers that even normalfags know about. Watchmen alone is one of the best comics ever crafted. Moore is a comic book's writer if you know what I mean. Priest is a good writer, don't get me wrong. But his legacy is nowhere near Moore status. Few in comics are up there with him in terms of legend status.

i havent even heard of him so no

but that makes me racist in 2016 doesnt it?

No, it makes you a stupid tripfaggot who, surprise surprise, has absolutely nothing to add to the discussion at hand.

Nobody here's playing the race card here but you, buddy.

I love Priest but no...

but greatest is also a very subjective thing and if you like his books more go for it.

Moore has regressed into being a hack and has been for years now. There are like a dozen writers in the industry who have an overall better bibliography but don't know enough about Chris to say if he is one of em.

even by tripfag standards you are an impressive retard

no, it makes you a casual moviefag

No, not even close.

> a dozen writers in the industry who have an overall better bibliography

Even with his work after Wildstomr/ABC Moore is still easily one of the ten best writers in comics especially if we're only counting writers not people who write and draw their own stuff

i'm looking at a list of his works on wikipedia... doesn't look like he was able to write any original material, he just wrote characters that had already been created. i hope that changes, maybe he has some ideas

that is simply false

Quantum & Woody.

I think that's it.

But Q&W is great.

Is he the one who wrote that deadpool run that was super noir that was based as fuck

Not really. I like Priest but Moore has written many more better works.

eat a bag of severed dicks, tripscum

In terms of legacy, he's more important than Moore was as a writer since he was the first black editor at Marvel.

In terms of overall influence it goes Moore > Priest.

Also, I love Priest but his Deathstroke is pale imitation of Xero.

>The character's public identity is Coltrane "Trane" Walker, an African-American professional basketball player. He operates secretly as a technologically enhanced "closer" – an agent who can be counted to tie up loose ends in espionage operations, including the elimination of witnesses – in the guise of a masked, blond, white man, code-named "Xero"
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

If we're talking about just Moore, then that's different from talking about a legacy, of which copycats and followers are a part of. And the thing is I can honestly say that Moore, despite being in the top 5 of talent and creativity for me, is (like Miller) one of those guys responsible for the dark ages of comics and a bunch of deconstruction shit that's ultimately kind of insufferable.

...And the fact that years after the fact he follows it up with "What if Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz got raped?" or "What if Harry Potter were the anti-Christ?" does make me wonder if his affect on the industry as a whole was worth it.

No, just ethnicity.

come on....Priest is a great writer...but he doesn't have no where near the influence that Moore had/has

No. However it's a damn shame that Priest isn't among the "great" comic writers that are always namedropped.

You know like Busiek,Ennis,Waid.

he is...but i don't think his bibliography is that extensive....you need both quality and quanity to be considered a great...

I like Priest..he is a great writer, but I don't think he is as diverse (theme wise) as the other writers you listed

I disagree. He's fucking dead on.