What did you guys think?

What did you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_pemwLg_zc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm angry it didn't get the Oscar.

Was it because it's just one huge commertial? Or because it was released too late?

The story was great, the jokes were great, and the message was way better than Frozen's. During the emotional scene I could hear some people sobbing in my theater.

This was a pretty good movie. Way better than I was expecting, and way better than a movie about Legos had any right being.

Movie of the year for me. Just the visuals alone made it worth the watch.

Because the people on charge of animation oscars are retarded
Also because it's not Disney

beautiful, cried at the end.
youtube.com/watch?v=M_pemwLg_zc

It first caught my attension because my name is Emmett. I had low expectations, but I love it

Very good.

>implying the academy watches any of the animated movies

lmao

Batman was so much better than I ever thought it would be. Excited for that Lego batman movie

Anyone who didn't cry seeing this probably has issues
It's such a youtube-tier comment, I know, but come on
This entire scene just hits you no matter what

Fantastic. Lord and Miller have a weird ability to take things that should be awful, and turn them into something good.
>A cgi adaptation of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs at movie length
>A soft reboot comedy 21 Jump Street movie starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum
>A sequel to that 21 Jump Street movie that openly has the same plot points
>A full length movie about Legos that is essentially a commercial for them

At this point I trust them on pretty much any project.

This movie spawned a strange craze in erotic hand holding...

It's pretty good. I'm looking forward to the new Lego Batman movie too.

It hurts

This is such a great message that can touch so many people. I find it impossible to think of anyone who has never felt like Emmet in the movie, unless you're some narcissistic fucker.

Its incredible. The animation is a joy to watch, the sight gags and humor overall is on point, its extremely thematically cohesive, and amazingly well paced.

And as many have pointed out, this is all in a movie that is so nakedly commercial in its premise. The fact that everything can be so well done in spite of that is commendable

My favorite is still the pig hitting the ground and exploding into sausages.

I didn't cry. And I don't have issues.

>Now I may be blind...

Disappointed at the lack of bonkles.

>G2 Bonkles got cancelled
This hurts, too

>that split-second cameo of the Mata's old promotional image in the "buncha stuff nobody talks about" collection when Wyldstyle introduced the different lands

It hurts, man

It's for the better, the 2nd year sets were pure dogshit.

I disagree familia

>that filename

Also that fucking wear and tear detail on the binocs and rubber band.

I'm glad Bionicle fans are getting BTFO, hated those pieces of shit

I'm hyped as fuck for that Han Solo movie familia.

...but at least I'm not black!

The only animated movie that was actually fun.

The best animated film ever made. Beautiful visuals, laugh a second dialogue and happenings, a wonderful and powerful message, and such fucking likable characters. I liked just about every single character and every single line of dialogue in the whole damn movie. What a fantastic piece of cinema and fiction in general. I know it sounds like an overreaction, but it's true. Just a fucking fun time.

U-Uniter Kopaka was great

Also both Umaraks were pretty rad

The academy is a joke. It's just a big commercial to promote movies for bluray sales, streaming, digital download, etc.

I loved Benny, he's such a spaz about spaceships.

I thought they were unique yet still similar, balanced in that respect. But the marketing underwhelmed.

Typical, typical, paint-by-numbers, follow-the-instructions, Assembly Line garbage. Even the end, which is just another Bad Dad. As if (How To Train Your Dragon) animation needed (Para-Norman) another one (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) of those.

Again, the idea itself sounds awful, but I trust them with it entirely.

Here's your reply

Bionicle started off cool, then got over complicated fast.

This is on the same level of unwarranted narcissistic autism as Mr. Enter and his shitty "bad animation" notebook template.

Sorry, not trollin'. Hate it for real.

Why there is so much mentally ill people on Sup Forums? Can they just fuck off somewhere else? I guess it's just much more easier to avoid ban here. What so amazing about harassing boring normal people?

That's my main issue with G1 as well. Kudos to the creator for all the lore, but at the same time the creator was an idiot for making so much lore for it.

It all got too confusing too quickly, and it was one of the main reasons as to why G1 was canned.

If only G2 kept going for another year. The crew behind it made it their goal to keep the new lore easy to understand for newcomers. Too bad we won't see that in action.

>mentally ill
>about opinions
>What so amazing about harassing boring normal people?
>harasses person over opinion

You're funny. I stand by what I said. The movie was cliche.

See but you're cheating by calling the live action kid the protagonist.

Metafiction, by definition, is still fiction. And besides, if he's the one writing the story, by all means he's the protagonist. With the exception of that one nonsensical scene that implies Emmet is alive (seriously, it has no reason to exist and I dare you to defend it), Emmet is a character created by a boy who watches a lot of movies and has a strained relation with his father. If the movie had ended with the reveal that all this was a fantasy without any of the Bad Dad stuff, like the opening of Toy Story 3, that'd be stronger.

You probably think you sound smart.

Let me tell you this: Everything is a cliché.

You can list all of the tropes the Lego Movie uses, but how it uses them is what matters.

Yes. How it uses them IS important. And it uses them the exact same way all the other movies with the tropes it has uses them. Same order of events, same points beat by beat, same plots with the same characters with the same faces.

No
Congrats on not getting ANYTHING ON THE MOVIE

Oscars are worth nothing today.

Not really. There are some parts that are played straight but for the most part the movie parodies these tropes.

Big question, do you have autism? Because you sound like those pretentious aspies who think they're smart.

Disney bribed the Judges more.

Chicken Little had the best Bad Dad ever: thoughtful, well-meaning, and still grieving his wife.

Stop it

So are you, user?

>shit universe
why am I not suprise

Until you like it

A toy commercial that had no right to be as amazing as it was and no right to make me feel the way it did.

>You... don't have to be the bad guy.

>How can I be special, when I'm not..?

You say, "autism" like it's a bad thing. And yes, legally diagnosed, hyper-focused, very anal towards fiction due to a special interest in writing, but not pretentious.

More like The Lego Kino.

I never gave this shit a chance, because... I mean, a movie? About Legos? Come on. Cash grab. Plus, it didn't even get nominated for Best Animated Picture. How good could it be?

Tonight, I've watched the clips you guys have posted and... holy shit, what the hell have I missed? The stop-motion-looking aesthetic looks way better than I remember from the trailers. Then, that ending with Will Ferrell (I don't really get the context without seeing the film) is REALLY nice.

I actually really want to see it now.

>it didn't even get nominated for Best Animated Picture
You should know by now that the Oscars are worthless.

>They haven't seen The Lego Movie yet
What the fuck are you doing right now when you have the Internet at your fingertips?

I don't know what's so good about it. It's a 7/10 to me. I might need to rewatch it.

>CABBAGE PATCH WITH ME, JOANIE

Only the pretentious deny pretentiousness.

Well, to be fair, it is hard to say you're educated without coming across as pretentious. It is a legitimate difficulty.

Rest assured, I'm simply being genuine. The man asked what I thought of the movie. I said it. Apparently I was unaware that that was a trivia question with a right or wrong answer. Well, if being honest means being That Guy, then I'll BE That Guy.

Are you picturing yourself on the Batcycle riding into the night as Jim Gordon says "He's the hero Sup Forums deserves"? You sound like a narcissistic goober.

Eh, not really. More someone who's just reviewing movies for fun. Complete with jaded boredom of having done it all. Fun fact: autism isn't fun. We tend to see patterns in places they may or may not exist.

For gods sake, I don't care whether you guys like the movie or not. In fact, I'd say you guys care more that Someone Doesn't Love Raymond. I don't care what you think of the movie, I don't care what you think of what I thought of the movie, I don't care what you think of me, I just don't care.

>I just don't care.
>lemme make this post showing you how much I don't care
I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just want to point out that by putting on a name and making posts about how much you don't care sounds a bit hypocritical.

wud u fug unicatty

Wasn't there an article or video where the academy judges outright admit they didn't watch half of the nominees and only voted for the one their kid liked the most? Yeah the Oscars are bullshit. The quality of your film is generally irrelevant. The outcome is mostly political. Even the general public knows that and has for years. I don't really get why anyone puts any value on them anymore.

My parents and a few older co-workers gave me shit for tearing up.I don't understand how they can't even see where I'm coming from. The whole "you're special" message is so overdone, but this movie managed to deliver it with such an overwhelming feeling of sincerity that it just got to me. It was just such an overall positive movie.

>Johnny Thunder only shows up for a split second in the background of the master builder council scene

Also, the ending was 2META4ME