I don't get it

So, from all those Captain America comics and characters they coul've had picked up...
Why they choosed fucking Civil War to be the third movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/captain-america-3-plot-william-burnside/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Robert Downey Jr. wanted a bigger role, and it just got bigger and bigger after that.

Marvel heard that DC was doing Batman v Superman so they thought "let's top that."

Little did they know there was nothing to be topped.

I wondered that too.
Madbomb would have cooler.

Because they're starting to write these films as one big serialized buffet of god tier movie going experiences in euphoria and pure joy to watch these films are amazingly entertaining me every single time is of the essence when it comes to these actor's contracts and RDJ wanted to do this and it made complete sense in the context of being right after Age of Ultron and really it retroactively fixed Whedon's minor fuck up but again, they're all at least pretty good which is all I can ask for you to take some things seriously but I like what they do.

Not at all.

"Hero must fight brainwashed civilians" is the worst fucking trope.

popular story arc that comic book fans would recognize? They only have so much time with RDJ and Evans being the characters playing it so why not capitalize on it and make a movie with arguably the best actors for the roles? Also what else is there to choose from Caps comics that is popular?

>Why

Robert Downhere Jr

That is literally like the first four pages of the arc and never again. Read some comics.
And no fucking way is is it more tired than hero vs hero.

The Russos weren't sure they could get him tho.
What about a movie about USAgent?

Because they need to set up the Avengers being split and on the run so they can reform them through the first half of Avengers 3. Callback to the first movie.

>So, from all those Captain America comics and characters they coul've had picked up...

Captain America has 0 interesting stories to tell outside of Avenger stories.
Correction. Interesting ENOUGH. It's Marvel's usual problem. They do great work month by month, but they really don't have a lot of memorable and well contained stories.

Feige really, really wanted to do a Civil War movie for some reason. RDJ getting involved gave them a good excuse.

I'm just glad that the MCU is managing to write Bucky back into the story, since the comic really made their reunion cut short and fizzle out for how important Steve and Bucky were supposed to be to each other. Bucky got his memories back with the cosmic cube at the end of the arc and then disappeared from relevance from Steve's story until Steve was dead and Bucky needed to pick up the shield in his place.

For how big of a deal Bucky's return was supposed to be, the comics have done their best to keep the two characters as far apart as possible since then. At least the MCU is actually having them continue to interact and rewriting their story to actually involve each other, and since Standoff it seems like the comics are finally picking it back up.

>Feige really, really wanted to do a Civil War movie for some reason

Because fans, particularily casuals, were demanding it for the longest. It particularily was ramped up after Tony and Cap didn't get along in first Avengers movie.

At some point they also considered doing a 50's Cap storyline

collider.com/captain-america-3-plot-william-burnside/

Because CA-TWS didn't make as much money as they expected, notwithstanding the good reviews, so they figured they needed to make Avengers 2.5 - and it worked.

Plus they don't really care about the solo movies. Thor is really the only thing that's been happening off on the side except for the connection to the Infinity Stones, but all the movies are essentially advertising for Infinity Wars, for which suckers are paying premium prices to see/rent/stream, etc.

Because hero vs hero is a Marvel staple

Civil War is a great name marketing wise

They've got a full universe now and they're gonna play with it

The overall arc is heading to the end of act 2 before the comeback so they need everyone at a low point

>Why?
Why not?

>Because CA-TWS didn't make as much money as they expected

There is no way you can actually believe that.

>Civil War is as good or better as BvS

>They've got a full universe

They do not. Civil War was 10 people fighting in a parking lot

Well there's a few reasons. Cap doesn't really have that many great stories. Civil War is a big story for Marvel and the most famous involving Cap and Iron Man and with the Avenger movies all booked up it had to fit somewhere and the actors aren't getting any younger. You combine all this with the fact that WB was about to do BvS it was the most logical time do make Civil War

Pretty much. IIRC a much earlier draft of the movie was a standard cap movie with The Hate-Monger as the main villain.

A dozen. And it took eight years' worth of buildup to get them there to make what was easily the best part of the movie.
>doesn't have a million superheroes so it's not a full universe!
Yeah, it only has upwards of twenty superheroes, tons of shit going on in space, street level heroes, an entire secret agent organization of shit going down, the Inhumans, and things are about to get magical mumbo jumbo. Seems like a pretty full universe to me.

Because they heard BvS was coming out and feige needed to compete. It made them step up their game and it worked

What fan remembered CW and said this is a good thing fucking House of M was better. FUCKING HOUSE OF M.

But even the fucking actors acknowledge that the tv shows are not canon.

>AoS canon
>The shithumans ever appearing in the real MCU

>Fan
As odd as it might seem, Civil War apparently has an audience outside what one might consider "real" comicbook fans. Civil War is pretty much universally reviled among places where people discuss comics, or just people with taste, and yet it is consistently a top seller in Marvel's trades. It's essentially the first big normal fag entry event for the modern world. I remember it, or its fallout, getting air time in places like the Colbert Show years ago. Everywhere was some signature about "Team Cap" or "Team Iron Man."

Alrighty, scratch the notMutants, but there's still secret agents doing secret agent shit, Spidey's a street level hero pre-Civil War, and everything else still holds water.

Aren't we getting an Inhumans movie?

No. Perlmutter died last week from complications of breathing in the ashes of dead germans from his private oshwits recreation.

>But even the fucking actors acknowledge that the tv shows are not canon.

Then I guess it's a good thing the actors don't write the fucking shows. Because that shit occurs in the same universe whether they interact with the MCU or not.

>Because that shit occurs in the same universe
Practically speaking, no, it doesn't.

>oshwits

I don't know why, but your misspelling of Auschwitz is incredibly funny to me.

If it doesn't interact with the MCU then why should anyone care? It's unimportant and a waste of every bodies time. The Netlix shows are alright so far but I wouldn't watch Agents of Torchwood if you paid me

it was claerly on porpoise

I thought it was the Serpent Society.

>if it's not important, then it's a waste of time

I don't understand this mindset at all.

This. They needed Avengers 2.5 to compete. Especially since Avengers 2 did so poorly for Disney's liking.

Yes.

Why are you meme arrowing a simple fact?

last one kiddo

>Tony is a bitch ass since Iron Man 1
>Always causing his own problems
>Him & Steven never got along
>They only appeared to because Steve is a reasonable and decent guy

HURR DURR WHY THEY FIGHT!!
WHY DEY FAYT!!

Never change /cp/

CW is popular more for the issues it brings up than its execution.

House of M, Secret Wars, etc get talked about here or there for content and than forgotten. All the other marvel events from the past that aren't Infinite Gauntlet connected are forgotten or connected to a non MCU property.

also Tony is so used to people walking out on him that he assumes anyone who tolerates his bullshit finds him charming

I doubt Marvel even thought about BvS.

Confirmed by the Russos and Feige that BvS was the reason

Supposedly the original plot for the third cap movie was going to have zombies...

Not joking.

That's already disproven.

It was neither. The Russos always wanted to do Civil War, and during a brief period where it appeared that RDJ wouldn't be available they considered a story about Zemo unleashing the Madbomb.

yea, ikr, why would they choose one of their most known comic books from the marvel universe. gee op, I don't get why they would pick an arc that normies would be so familiar with in the first place???

mmmh

There's literally no other Marvel story that's well known.