How did you discover Zim?

How did you discover Zim?

I watched it when it first came on, and was slightly disturbed by it. I rediscoverd it when i was older, and fucking loved it since. I think this show influnced some of my sadistic tendancies.

nickelodeon.com
dial-up aol

channel 21 when I was a wee lad

Blockbuster DVD

Nicktoons when I was a baboo.

Watched it when it first started though I missed the first half of the premiere. First full episode I saw was Keef.

I got into it when tak showed up

When it aired over here. It was quite good. Probably the last edgy kids cartoon that was also good. Today everything is so "feel good" or cozy and I'm sick of it.

When it first aired alongside FOP

watching it when i was like 11 or something.

Emotionally unstable cousin reinacted episodes for me and then got me into it.

I'm sure you're just full of edges

I really am.

I watched the premiere that was immediately followed by the Butt-Ugly Martians

Is that the alien from communion?

Nah it's a blue ewok that chills with all the other ayyy lmaos

I saw an ad that said "The Invasion begin March 30th" and was instantly curious to know what it was talking about.

My classmates were shipping and drawing gaz and zim

When it first premiered

When it first came on Nick. My tv and computer were close to each other so I have fond memories of watching Zim while playing video games

When it first aired.

Which is strange because I don't remember watching Fairly Odd Parents that night.

I watched the premiere thanks to TV Guide.

Too bad I can't find it. I remember there being a full page advertisement about it.

I remember catching the series premiere back in the day and thinking "wtf is this shit."

The pain

Watching it the first time it aired waaaay back when I was a kid and i loved it,
Then when they reaired it some years later after the cancellation I started to slowly despised it because all the "lolsorandumxd" kids in my class would quote the dialog and scream like retards at the mere reference.

Saw people talk about it on Sup Forums, thought "I never watched this show but I like aliens, let's try it out"

Pretty great show, I'actually sad that I haven't watched it when it first aired

youtube before it became viacoms bed buddy

My classmate was shipping Zim and Dib.

I didn't have CN till 00s.
Always had Nickelodeon as a kid, so it was my default channel for cartoons.
Also some other channels I'd change to for a moment for like Fox cartoons and WB stuff.

nickelodeon

(R.I.P)

I saw it on nickelodeon when it first premiered. Ill never forget that zim and fairly oddparents both premiered on the same night. crazy to think how different their careers were. I loved zim though, it was so refreshing to see such a styled show that was so funny

This?

This. I always end up catching the premiere of a show that becomes grossly popular and over mentioned, making it difficult for me to enjoy it.
Last case of this was Rick and Morty, before that was Steven, before that AT.

this annoying ugly girl I worked with knew I liked comics, so she was always bugging me about JTHM and other JV stuff, hated the idea of it just because she wouldn't shut up about it

Stepsister told me about it.
Watched it online.

I didn't watch it until it was cancelled but remember downloading episodes on eDonkey because it was all over the message boards I went on.

I always wonder why Nick hasn't brought it back yet considering their current animation slump, it's cult appeal, marketability and the fact even Spongebob goes darker and more gross than Zim dared sometimes. I guess it was more of an early 2000s goth thing that would be dated today.

Saw it on day one because Nick used to air good stuff back in the day, loved it ever since.

I think you've got it there, Zim really was a product of its time, enjoyable as it is it is still very much on the side of post 90s random zanyness that started with WB and spumco, these shows had a sort of mature cynicism to them. The comedy style of cartoons now is more hinged upon the overactive imagination of kids in a radical/retro vibe with a more upbeat attitude. I'm not saying one is better than the other, they're just different and in about 5 years we'll probably see a new style of cartoon writing take center stage.

Though Zim deserved an ending, the show had a lot going for it.

>AT
Bullshit. No one saw that nick short until it viraled from youtube.

I was twelve and spending the night at my quirky aunt's house, couldn't sleep so I popped one of her recorded VCRs into the player and it was Dark Harvest, the Halloween episode where he steals all the organs.
I thought it was a standalone short and wouldn't see any more of it for a couple of years- until it got super big with the Hot Topic crowd.

Wow! You're the best.

I have everything from the defunct Zon resource sites like Room with a Moose and Space Monkey or whatever saved on my computer. I wanted to make an archive site, but never got around to it.

Not the short, just when Slumber Party Panic aired for the first time.

Napster, because Nick's schedule was rarely accurate on the website to catch an episode. So I was grabbing mpg files and putting together episodes.

This show had beautiful art. Rikki's color work is incredible.

I've been a fan since the pilot, I saw the teasers on Nickelodean and said ooo whats that.

It wasn't until a few years later I was an edgy middle schooler and got turned onto JTHM and Squee

saw the chocolate bar one randomly one day but didn't really pay attention to it until a few months later when my friend showed me his sister's jthm comics, that was a surprise

Ahhh, The Control Brains, the true rulers of the Irken Empire.

My brother was watching it a few years ago. I remembered him from all the merch and got around to watching it a few months after on YouTube.

Day fucking one, when it premiered with FOP.

Saw it on launch, thought it was hilarious. Still like it.

I remember being hyped as fuck when the show first premiered.

I believe I knew of his existence from media other than actual episodes (ads, games, wikipedia, etc.)
I never actually caught an episode until like 2008 because a friend had nicktoons network.
I watched quite a few episodes last year but I have yet to watch all of them.