Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not like they had anything in common to begin with

Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not like they had anything in common to begin with.

They personalities complemented one another when fused.

Lust for each other bodies.

Also, Ruby is unpredictable and can defy destiny, which is something that Saphere find fascinating.

Ying Yang typa thing

because ice and fire

Lesbianism transcends paltry concerns such as "personal compatibility" and "common ground". It's powered by "love at first sight" and "opposites attract".

Unlike the pathetic heterosexual equivalent, which requires empty things like "hard work" and "communication".

I'm more concerned how a human being could possibily fall in love with a hollgraphic gem woman from outer space.

Because they somehow fused accidentally and became addicted to the hetero-fusion high.

...Dude, people on the internet fall in love with weirder shit. /trash/ has a thread about people wanting to fuck their own tulpas (imaginary friends for creepy sociopaths)

Don't fall for the ruse.
Never fuse.

As much as people like to meme around and shit, sometimes opposites do attract and people can be naturally attracted to personalities which compliment and contrast their own.

I hate that you are rigth

Motherfucker, humans are falling in love with holographic women from earth right now.

If you can touch them they are not holographic, they are polymohic or that weird " hard light" thing.

I was goi g to say "people fall in loce with fucking ponies" bur I remember hey are most likely warm, have huge butts and cummable faces.

Also it is important to know that the hottest gems are lapis, Peridot and sapphire, wich are all the most nubile.

There is also a huge boom ub sex dolls for white and asian men so thwy don't have to deql with cuck shit.

Because giving a belivible basis for a relasionship that barely ever appears is haaaard

it's one of the many things in SU that doesn't require a backstory or any explanations, you just kinda have to accept it and move on with the story. maybe they'll reveal it next season, stay tuned.
>Lust for each other bodies

That's all it takes for space gem aliens, huh? I guess they're not that much advanced than they make it seem. if that's the case you'd think Pearl would've made a move on Rose way before she met Greg.

how do you figure? isn't Garnet, like literally, a physical embodiment of their love? they're technically on the screen making love every time Garnet is on the screen. doesn't that add significance to both of them and their lust for each other? when an entire character's existence relies on that? its not that important though because they don't outright show it?

because sugar wanted to normalize that yes, romance sucks even if it's homo

They had a high stakes experience together. Emotions get involved, and you have common ground because the other person becomes associated with that emotional spike, and the best person to relate to a new experience like that is the other person that experienced it too.

The real question is how they "accidentally" fused in the first place. They would have had little in common then, but details are likely left out as it's Garnet telling a story to Steven, not us watching something as it happens.

All those regret butterflies are because they realize they've confused novelty and physical attraction for love, and Garnet is barely holding herself together.

I choose to belive this theory so i can see somwthing good come out of that piece of shit episode

I thought they accidentally fused because their gems touched. When they're dancing together later in The Answer they make sure the gems on their hands don't touch because they're not ready to fuse again. I think this is also how Jasper fused with the corrupted gem monster.

Does it really count as a lesson if all the relasionships are homo

I meant in the context of the show.

If someone, or something, has, or could possibly have, a hole to stick your dick into or a protrusion to stick into your vagina (or ass if you're a faggot) someone, somewhere out in the world will want to have sex with it.

>Also it is important to know that the hottest gems are lapis, Peridot and sapphire, which are all the most nubile.

That's just personal opinion, right? I remember in one of the comics, there were human fashion models who closely resembled Garnet and Pearl.

Fiction or real life, people are people. And peope are weird.

im more peeved at their first fushion
to fuse you need to be on the same wavelength more or less, which they were the farthest thing from at the time (ruby knowing what she acting on an impulse and saphire not knowing wth was happening)

But user they are not in love, their simply obsessed with each other and the fusion high that comes with being Garnet. they've grown an unhealthy dependency on each other, and they've tricked themselves into believing they are in love as an excuse to be fusion sluts.

Rose manipulated them into doing so at their weakest moment. That's what she does with every gem she recruits, and Garnet is no better. Their relationship is built upon a house of lies that Rose built, which is why their relationship seems so unhealthy and co-dependant.

These are the real answers. Once they rebelled against Homeworld they were left without purpose. They only had each other and after finding rose, this behavior was encouraged. Once they were together for thousands of years they've learned to become obsessed with one another
It's quite sad

Though I guess if they aren't aware of this it doesn't really matter.

>your tears are delicious
What the fuck, Sapphire?

It's Captain Kirks fault for fucking all those aliens and giving nerds a fetish for generations to come

1 had an instant crush and another saw it in the future.Then they had time to get to know each other.

Jaime and Pearl better have more interaction in the future. They seem to have a lot in common together.

Good point.

Despite what Garnet would have you believe, their relationship is heinously imperfect. When they are apart from one another, they are complete messes. They rely on each other far too much, and are completely incapable of functioning independently. Apart, they are neurotic, and filled with negative emotions and self-doubt. Have you ever seen Ruby or Sapphire smile without the other being around? They're also addicted to being a fusion. That's incredibly abnormal, and only drives home the fact that they can't function apart. Garnet has been allowed to exist for too long, so she gets this idea that she's the "embodiment of a perfect love" or some stupid shit, when in actuality, all she is a coping mechanism for two failures who can't stand having their own egos. They are both secretly trying to lose themselves to Garnet. Suicidal ego-death.

They were in a dangerous situation together. Sacrifice was involved as well as surprise -- both stepped out of their entrenched and assigned roles and experienced whatever the gem equivalent of an adrenaline rush is together. They took a risk together, explored a world together, and began to feel a lot of attraction toward one another. Then they fused again to explore the world through an even newer experience. It makes sense that they were attracted. It wasn't a slow burn or long developed relationship and was based a lot on circumstance more.

Suicidal ego death seems more appealing to me than a regular marriage or relationship, I'm in.

It really isn't sad as long as they get to stay fused. Which is what Rose and they fight for. As individuals and forced to be apart it would suck but if they can avoid that through Homeworld victory then who cares? Certainly not them. Ignorance is bliss and they get what they want. The rush and mania and infatuation, followed by the content feelings of companionship when together, is all the same chemicals and experiences in the end regardless of the context of the romantic feelings. All context can do is secure people with understanding and mutual communication, but some are in it for the passion and rush of love. If Ruby and Sapphire can have that eternally then I envy them.

Accidental fusion can happen when emotions get intense, as seen with Smokey Quartz in Earthilings and Stevonnie in Crack the Whip.
Dancing isn't necessary for fusion, it just makes it much easier to get in-sync with your partner.

Ruby is a garbage gem

Opposites attract.

Besides, sometimes you just meet someone and you have no idea why, but...

What's the point of Destiny if one can defy it so easily? That always irked me about future vision in cartoons.

Now, I could see the point if it was just Sapphire who thought you couldn't change Destiny, and Ruby was just reckless enough to change her mind. Otherwise it seems contradictory.

Love at first fuck but on a higher level.

Well it's a common (and very old) trope of two people from very different castes/classes falling in love by chance. So that's undoubtedly part of it.

But I imagine it has more to do with them fighting a war together as one person. Garnet herself said love taka time and love takes work. And since we haven't seen much of what went on with the gems during the war, I'm going to assume their love formed during those times.

>I could see the point if it was just Sapphire who thought you couldn't change Destiny, and Ruby was just reckless enough to change her mind. Otherwise it seems contradictory.
This IS kinda is how it worked. Early Sapphire thought everything was preordained but now Garnet explains that no one can see the future with 100% certainty. Her power lets her see all possible futures,and how likely they are, but that means there's millions of possible futures that are just so unlikely she can't even bother looking at them or she'll get overwhelmed. But from time to time, Ruby (and Steven) sometimes end up causing one of those futures anyway.

Because they barely have a personality if they aren't fused

>Why did they even fall in love with each other? It's not like they had anything in common to begin with.
Are you asking seriously? I guess there's a small chance this isn't shitposting.

They had a lot of time to bond when they both got stranded on Earth, and in a sense they inspired each other; without Ruby, Sapphire would have stayed (literally+figuratively) frozen in the face of all those probabilities that she's never considered before, and without Sapphire Ruby would have gotten killed doing something seemingly or actually retarded.

Except for that fascination with their complementary traits, the shared bond of defying what seemed like certain destiny, the shared exile and the desire to be around each other?
Yeah, how could love ever grow from that as they explored the strange wonderland of ancient Earth?

That whole episode was terrible. It was the most cliche tripe imaginable that actively contradicts a lot of shit. What a waste of an episode.

Because the show sucks and doesn't make sense.

theyre playing off the oppisites attract trope

They met, they fused, they fled, they fused again after who knows how much time passed of them just wandering around the Earth, Rose found them, then there's a 5,700 year gap of them working through actually falling in love.

I miss when dancing was needed

>Questioning why people fall in love

In 10,000 years of civilization you think we would know the answer to this one.

>mfw all these cringe-worthy "They're not in love they have UNHEALTHY STOCKHOLM SYNDROME FOR EACH OTHER" posts

user, do you really believe that anyone on Sup Forums has ever been in a healthy relationship?

Poor Jamie. He just wanted to be BLACKED.

They better end the series EoE style with fusion tang so steven can decide that it's better for Gems to remain unfused and learn to love each other instead of craving power. Or some shit.

>some stupid theory about something that has no real reason behind it
>durr hurr so good

For instance, men and women.

In the beginning, love at first sight, coupled with Ruby being SLIGHTLY smarter than the average Ruby, and appreciation for Sapphire's curiosity of Earth but willingness to just accept her duty. On Sapphire's end, it's Ruby's selfless sacrifice (albeit pointless, since no one would've been shattered, just knocked out) and being unafraid to actually make contact with her (accidentally bumping into her made everyone uncomfortable).

From then on it seemed much more natural actually. They complimented each other as shown in their song with Stevonnie: While Ruby is impulsive, she's unafraid to act on Sapphire's behalf and always says how she feels, even though she can be narrow-minded when it comes to Sapphire (and most things, if all Rubies are alike). Whereas Sapphire is gentile and contemplative, but sometimes too much, constantly inactive since she as an Oracle she likely looking into the future constantly to see the branches fate takes.

As Garnet they found balance. While fusion was a bit rushed for them, they did make it work in the love department, there was even the montage of them getting to know one another and keeping each other safe. They took the time to make the relationship work, but it does add merit to Peridot and Jasper wondering why they are ALWAYS fused, since whenever they're apart they're always obsessed with getting back together. Thousands of years makes one co-dependant I guess.

so do amethyst and mop

You can say it represents their love but you gotta show it too, otherwise it's pointless. Just because you say "it's that" doesn't mean I'll care for it.

Anyway fuck this show, for all the talk of "we show EMOTIONS and RELATIONSHIPS!" they seem to forgot how to actually write them well.

Would it be correct to say that they've been together so long that instead of Garnet being Ruby and Sapphire fused, now Ruby and Sapphire are Garnet divided?

Most of the other retain some sense of separation within the fusion (Stevonnie especially), and when they don't (most notably Sugulite), it's portrayed as a really bad thing.

This would help explain why they have so much trouble focusing when separated: instead of being two wholes that combine, they chose to become two halves of one whole.

Men and women that get together on average have similar interests which makes them compatible, there personalities are usually similar as well. That's not really an accurate comparison.

People can be infatuated at first sight. It can still transform into love over time.

Like wouldn't being Garnet for millenniums be considered enough work to truly become love? Not to mention we haven't gotten a thorough view of their entire history. There may have been more moments like Keystone Hotel where they had arguments or problems that they needed to work out.

SU isn't written well enough for this to even become a possibility anyway

>Damaged retarded jerk and the shy nice girl who wants to help them

No surprise they are a couple at all.

The term is EBONYED when its a black woman on a white male.

Jamie is white?

Yes, heterosexual relationships are never portrayed this way in cartoons

>Opposites attract.
That shit is actually very un-true

Their separation is analogous to a lover's quarrel. So each time they are apart it is because they are agitated, not the other way around.

Though when they are apart and the stakes are high, then of course they are concerned for the health and safety of the other.

Though if it's hard to recognize, that's understandable. It's not exactly something that's universal, it's more of a cultural thing in humans.

WAIT WIAT WAIT WAIT WAIT AHAHAHHAHAHAHA WAIT WAIT
YOURE TELLING ME
STEVEN UNIVERSE
HAS FUCKING LEZZY SHIT NOW?
HAHAHAHAHA HOW THE FUCK AAAH MY GOD HOLY, OKAY, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET MORE AUTISTIC, UNIVERSE KEKS?

>maybe they'll reveal it next season
No. They're going to release a book.

Isn't that just a book version of one of the episodes we've already seen?

Honestly their relationship is not well written at all and it comes off as unhealthy and co-dependent but that is definitely not the intent of the show.

There is a lot to cringe about in this post but I don't know where to start.

>The only reason my edgy interpretation isn't real is only because the story ISN'T WELL WRITTEN IN THE FIRST PLACE

The only time they seemed genuinely co-dependent in an unhealthy way was played for laughs in a baseball episode.

Co-dependency isn't inherently bad anyway, there's a degree to it that actually helps you as a person if you let it. And this show is about relationships in the end so it's always going to hold that in value.

lesbians.

Someone wasted their life making that image.

It's almost amazing.

Of course hes white just listen to his voice.

Are you retarded? He didn't know she was an alien, or a rock, or anything like that. Greg just saw a robust, pink-haired amazon who enjoyed his song, and the "Stick Your Dick in That" siren went off in his head. What's so confusing about this?

I genuinely can't stand shit posting. I really can't. It's the most autistic, pointless thing a person could actually find "entertaining". The idea that you think it's hilarious wasting hours of your "life" trying to bait people into replying to your shitty half arsed posts speak numbers about how lonely and pathetic you must be to get entertained doing this

It probably seems counter productive for me to write this, because shit posting genuinely makes me angry. It seems like it's near impossible to have a genuine discussion on this board without some fuckwit chiming in to say something stupid like "freshcunt" or "newcunt fresh off the boat from facebook or reddit detected".

I know that this will probably get a bunch of you stupid cunts replying to me calling me the "autistic" one for actually speaking up, because I genuinely want to have a discussion about something instead of being barraged with retarded responses that will no doubt have me reply to you about your stupid pointless comments.

Moderation is largely pointless because you all seem to use dynamic ips anyway so no matter what you'll continue your shit posting like it's some normal part of your everyday life.

The fact that anyone ever calls you out on your bullshit and you try and defend it, or continue replying in a shit posting fashion is childish as fuck considering most of you on here are at least 18-30 years old.

Fuck all your shit posting antics. Kill yourselves. You're not funny, or witty, or original, or entertaining. You're literally all rehashes of one another trying to be unique and funny, when you're all doing the same thing. Your pathetic "lives" while you sit here day in and day out shit posting are being wasted away because you find it hilarious to get people worked up 24/7. It's like you cunts are addicted to shit posting. Like you get a dopamine response from it or something.

Rant over cunts. Fuck off.

I just wanted to know how you universe keks got even more autistic :(

Reading comprehension

I don't think people realize what fusion really implies. Your beings merge as one.

When you found the one, why let them go?

How is it back in the distant past of late 2014, time traveler?

w-what am I supposed to be getting conveyed to me by this picture?

Im just now starting SU. What episode does this infamous scene occur?

>Im just now starting SU. What episode does this infamous scene occur?
All of them.

Last episode of season 1. Episode 52.

You'll know it when you get there nigger

qUESTION ONE iS HAVE yOU SEEN nOSTALGIA CITRIC

That is so many episodes to trudge through

Well, they were kinda forced by a couple of impulsive decisions into the camp of a rebellious firebrand who had a vocal fetish for breaking norms

And then they had about six thousand years that we know fuckall about to be together after that

Use your imagination, nigga

>trudge
>implying

Although I will admit Steven's a little annoying in the beginning, but the kid grows on you.